News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Will Putin Invade Ukraine?

Started by Cassia, January 20, 2022, 01:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

We're actually trying to start this...

QuoteSeveral thousand troops will be sent to NATO member nations in Eastern Europe to reassure allies anxious over tensions surrounding Ukraine. The U.S. has said it will not deploy troops to Ukraine in the event of conflict there.
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/02/02/world/ukraine-russia-news

On the bright side, Russia actually seems to be offering some reasonable peaceful solutions... we just keep on turning them down. Not perfect for sure, but better than more troops on the border.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cassia

If Russia and their murderer-in-charge do not overwhelm Ukraine right away, they could be in for a long war they really can't afford. US strategy should be to indirectly support all resistance. He seems to be reenacting the Hitler playbook to a tee in an effort to reassemble a new Russian union.

Shiranu

Quote from: Cassia on February 02, 2022, 02:13:21 PM
If Russia and their murderer-in-charge do not overwhelm Ukraine right away, they could be in for a long war they really can't afford. US strategy should be to indirectly support all resistance. He seems to be reenacting the Hitler playbook to a tee in an effort to reassemble a new Russian union.

I don't mind the idea of us providing arms and supplies, though I fear at best we recreate Afghanistan... some of the rebel groups fighting in Donbas for Ukraine have some very disturbing neo-Nazi affiliations and we've been supporting them. No good saving Ukraine from Putin just to condemn them to a far-right Neo-Nazi state.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cassia

Neo-Nazis are everywhere now. They demonstrated against Jews in Orlando just this week. If Putin does take Ukraine, he will destroy their democracy and set up a puppet dictator. He will not stop with that. And then like clockwork an emboldened China will follow suit.

Mussolini, Hitler, Putin, Pol Pot, Stalin, Kim Il, and Trump are the same sort of authoritarian, megalomaniac kings. They admire each other. Doesn't matter if they are supposed to be "left" or "right". They invoke that tribal bullshit and if allowed they push towards death and destruction every time.

Cassia

Unity march in Ukraine.....but does Putin care?

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Mr.Obvious

To be honest, my dad came home from Russia  Friday night. Kind of glad. I don´t think it was dangerous, but still I feel more at ease.

He was there for a business trip.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Cassia

I read that the fields of Ukraine are expected to be frozen enough sometime around mid-February so that Russian heavy tanks will have an easy invasion traverse. 

Shiranu

Heads up; about 30 minutes - 1 hour ago, Biden warned all Americans to evacuate Ukraine immediately, and that things could, "get crazy quickly" after Berlin talks earlier today broke down.

That... sounds lovely.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/feb/11/things-could-go-crazy-quickly-biden-warns-on-ukraine-as-talks-in-berlin-fail?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_gu&utm_medium&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1644551916

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Cassia on February 02, 2022, 04:07:41 PM
Neo-Nazis are everywhere now. They demonstrated against Jews in Orlando just this week. If Putin does take Ukraine, he will destroy their democracy and set up a puppet dictator. He will not stop with that. And then like clockwork an emboldened China will follow suit.

So the Russians would be acting like the US did a few years ago in Ukraine.  Silly Russians, don't they know only the US can interfere in other countries.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Cassia

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on February 11, 2022, 08:25:14 PM
So the Russians would be acting like the US did a few years ago in Ukraine.  Silly Russians, don't they know only the US can interfere in other countries.
?

Jason Harvestdancer

White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

drunkenshoe

I've just read in some local tweet that Ukraine has started firing in Garlovka and Donetsk. Any news over there?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cassia

If Putin invades on Superbowl Sunday, will Russia win the game? Would the US even notice? Russia's navy is on the move now too.