I'm a new philosopher in the community.

Started by singulorum, June 26, 2015, 11:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 28, 2015, 01:32:14 PM
We are all evil.

Well you convinced me you are. Please let us know approximately where you live so we can keep our kids and pets away. The only evil people I have ever met told me they were evil. So it is indeed you. Congratulations! You are one of a few.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

popsthebuilder

Nice

Sent from my HTC Desire 512 using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

I do not attribute the things that I have overcome to an outside source per say. Like I said we are all inherently good and bad. All is one. All religion pertains to one. Or it could if people would stop bickering. Even atheist can agree that all is energy which cannot be destroyed technically. I know what I feel and it is true. Yes, I was indeed blessed as I was not the worst off.

aitm

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 28, 2015, 04:41:08 PM
I do not attribute the things that I have overcome to an outside source per say. Like I said we are all inherently good and bad. All is one. All religion pertains to one. Or it could if people would stop bickering. Even atheist can agree that all is energy which cannot be destroyed technically. I know what I feel and it is true. Yes, I was indeed blessed as I was not the worst off.

ah..reading that tells me you fell off the wagon again. Oh yeah..energy and magic crystals and zoom-a-rilla…whooo-hooo! You go son!
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

the_antithesis

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 27, 2015, 09:12:02 PM
I do try to fit in time to study what I can easily assume are somewhat reputable text of old.
I thought you'd said you were reading the old testament?

popsthebuilder

I have, once.

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 28, 2015, 01:32:14 PM
We are all evil. There is evedence of this in your tone. I am not sorry that the Lord has blessed me.
Assuming that the somewhat successful business owner that has a loving imidiate family was a fuck up. In your assuming eyes you judge based on societies negative influence effectively giving false judgement. I enjoy solitude to some extent and always have. It allows for somewhat unbiased conclusions. By the way, I was indeed mended by the Lord. He opened my eyes and heart and changed my entire way of being. It was a trying journey indeed but I am no doubt better for it. Most societal norms can be viewed as simply laziness where they conflict with nature and the metaphorical teachings of the old texts. My life's experiences have thought me and the Lord indeed guides me. As I understand it is not only my perpose but the propose.

Well, pops, you are free to believe as you will.  Your experience is your experience.  And mine is mine.  I, too, am a loner--and I like it that way.  And it does allow somewhat unbiased conclusions.  And I find no evidence anywhere, anywhen.   Your Lord is simply your wishful thinking.  And if it makes you feel better, go for it.  That we are all evil, is how you view it--you generally get what you look for, so I guess you like to find evil.  You also speak in fuzzy terms and come to fuzzy conclusions.  What is 'nature and metaphorical' teachings?  What old texts do you refer?  And you know 'the purpose'--and I suppose you know the Truth.  Okay.  Would you mind sharing what those things are?
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

popsthebuilder

We are all good, evil, or a mix. You cannot deny that we are products  of the Universe. I speak of nature as instinct. All plants and animals and single celled organisms have instinct. The natural undeniable path of righteousness that all things are guided by. Metaphorical teachings is in reference to old religious and philosophical texts that have meaning in the ways of morality, ethics, society and life lessons in general. The problem with referencing said texts is that everyone wants to play stupid and act as if all teachings are literal. so they can do what they selfishly want as opposed to taking in the lessons that are trying to be conveyed.

popsthebuilder

Purpose is to overcome inherent adversity which resides in us all in order to make our way down the right path in Faith that we will indeed overcome that adversity in Unity and  propel very existence forward as opposed to backwards or stalemate. This is a rough interpretation as I am not a good communicator.

popsthebuilder

Purpose and truth are the same

the_antithesis

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 28, 2015, 05:45:50 PM
We are all good, evil, or a mix. You cannot deny that we are products  of the Universe. I speak of nature as instinct. All plants and animals and single celled organisms have instinct. The natural undeniable path of righteousness that all things are guided by. Metaphorical teachings is in reference to old religious and philosophical texts that have meaning in the ways of morality, ethics, society and life lessons in general. The problem with referencing said texts is that everyone wants to play stupid and act as if all teachings are literal. so they can do what they selfishly want as opposed to taking in the lessons that are trying to be conveyed.

I agree with you that those who take the bible literally are fairly stupid.  I also agree with you that we are all a mixture of good, evil and everything in between.  And I do not deny that we are products of the universe.  See--we do agree on a lot of stuff here. :)  You say: "The natural undeniable path of righteousness that all things are guided by. "  Here I have to say that nothing is guided by any path of righteousness.  There is no such thing and is only a construct of your own mind.  This is something in which you have to 'believe' in; any use of reasoning or critical thinking it simply evaporates.  Since you think all the texts that are to be used to find God is not literal, but is 'metaphorical' teachings.  Why is your god so lacking in resources that he can only communicate in that manner and only in ancient texts?  Isn't that more than a little strange?  It is for me.  So, what in the OT lead you to think that it delivered even a metaphorical message for you?  For me it is stories featuring a monster who has no morals and lives in the sky.  It will do as it will, and either follow what it says, or die a horrible death.  No allegory here--only blood and guts.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

popsthebuilder

God communicates in many ways. We have become deaf due to societal normality which is barely linked to true right at all. Tone deaf if you will. We base our personal views on what is deemed ok by others in that same group. If you look at the bigger picture you will see that we are not in harmony with any other existence at all. We are the kings of this world and run it as such in regards to all life. With no regard to existence as a whole. We are oblivious to reality and live in our own little world that revolves around us. But contrary to this confusion we know that it is us that orbits the bigger picture, not the other way around. The Old Testament for the most part rang really true for me. If you isolate it from the more so manipulated New Testament and take it as metaphor for the most part then I'm sure you could find a lot of stuff you can relate to. Yah isn't  speaking of direct vengeance but more of personal hell on earth do to the wrong desicions that we are capable of. Eternal damnation can be seen as your self upon death joining evil at its root for all eternity. I simplify this more by referring to it as negative energy. That we add or shift from the good or chaitic energy.

the_antithesis

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 28, 2015, 06:24:10 PM
God communicates in many ways.

How do you tell the difference between delusion and god actually speaking?

popsthebuilder

He doesn't speak aloud per say. Outside thoughts enter the conscious with instant understanding and clarity to issues I may or may not be pondering. I can tell these apart due to there nature. Thoughts of right are always direct, simple and leave me with a sense of good and knowing. Were as bad thoughts creep in and manipulate,  and currupt leaving you with negative or self centered conclusions.