I'm a new philosopher in the community.

Started by singulorum, June 26, 2015, 11:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_antithesis

So you have no way of knowing.

Good to know you can legally drive a car.

Because a thought makes you feel good or bad has no bearing on the truth. My niece is dead. That thought does not make me feel good, but that does not mean it is not true. Your criteria for differentiating between god and delusion is pathetically, woefully inadequate.

aitm

the guys' a tard. Let me know when you're done with it.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

the_antithesis

Quote from: aitm on June 28, 2015, 07:21:00 PM
the guys' a tard. Let me know when you're done with it.

I doubt he'll be back. We gave him a does of reality and his kind can't deal with it.

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 28, 2015, 06:24:10 PM
pops--God communicates in many ways.
Mike--I have yet to have any communication from god.  I would think a god who cared if we knew he was god would make it abundantly clear what he was and what he wanted.  So far, nothing.

pops--We have become deaf due to societal normality which is barely linked to true right at all. Tone deaf if you will.
Mike--So, at one time 'we' were not tone deaf to god.  When was that?  And I think you are wrong about society.  Our 'moral' system is developed by each society through the evolutionary process.  It is not a set of rules laid down by some god.

pops--We base our personal views on what is deemed ok by others in that same group. If you look at the bigger picture you will see that we are not in harmony with any other existence at all. We are the kings of this world and run it as such in regards to all life. With no regard to existence as a whole. We are oblivious to reality and live in our own little world that revolves around us. But contrary to this confusion we know that it is us that orbits the bigger picture, not the other way around.
MIke--not quite sure what it is you are trying to say.  What is this 'bigger' picture?  On one hand you say we are oblivious to reality, yet we know that we actually orbit the bigger picture, not the other way around....??  It has to be one way or the other.  And what does that mean???

pops--The Old Testament for the most part rang really true for me. If you isolate it from the more so manipulated New Testament and take it as metaphor for the most part then I'm sure you could find a lot of stuff you can relate to.
Mike--How is the NT more manipulated than the OT???? Both are very heavily manipulated--neither make much sense, either literally or allegorically.  If this is the best god can do as a writer, then he flunks writing 1-A!  Please tell me what is not manipulated in the OT?  What in the OT is true??  Nothing I can read. 

pops--Yah isn't  speaking of direct vengeance but more of personal hell on earth do to the wrong desicions that we are capable of. Eternal damnation can be seen as your self upon death joining evil at its root for all eternity. I simplify this more by referring to it as negative energy. That we add or shift from the good or chaitic energy.
Mike--You lost me.  Except that when I die, that is all there is.  Eternal sleep.  No other life, no different life.  Both your heaven and hell are simply your wishful thinking.

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

popsthebuilder

No communication due to lack of real attempt.

We have never been completely in touch with our obviouse connection to creation.

Not all are oblivious.
Only those that haven't made the connection yet.

The bigger picture can be described as our very real connection to all other creation and the galactically unique gift that we have in the ability to not simply obey the order as all other things do, but to help it.

The Old Testament has been translated, so yes it could be flawed. Maybe that is why Yah is perceived so negatively.
It shows good moral standards in a lot of stuff it says, not all.

When we die our material containment releases us for we are energy , and return from whence we acted out.

Sent from my HTC Desire 512 using Tapatalk

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 28, 2015, 10:16:33 PM
No communication due to lack of real attempt.

We have never been completely in touch with our obviouse connection to creation.

Not all are oblivious.
Only those that haven't made the connection yet.

The bigger picture can be described as our very real connection to all other creation and the galactically unique gift that we have in the ability to not simply obey the order as all other things do, but to help it.

The Old Testament has been translated, so yes it could be flawed. Maybe that is why Yah is perceived so negatively.
It shows good moral standards in a lot of stuff it says, not all.

When we die our material containment releases us for we are energy , and return from whence we acted out.

Basically, then you are simply speaking rubbish--or babbling or both.  You make no sense at all.  You explain nothing, only babble on about some nonsense of Yah and how much good is in the OT.  Well, then, demonstrate some of it.  I highly suspect that that is not possible for you--or anybody else.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

popsthebuilder

Dude, I completely answered everything you set up in your little pretend conversation just for your understanding and you accuse me of nonsensical rambling because science can't confirm or deny it. I'm sorry but science is only a tool to assist our understanding. It is not understanding by its self. Some one else please assist tho man in making some real point. Please.

popsthebuilder

Tomorrow. Very tired

Shiranu

Yeah, sorry, but you actually didn't offer anything other than, "I think this, {therefor it is true}.".

People say the same thing in favour of Islam, Hinduism, Paganism, Chem Trail theories, UFOs, Bigfoot, "The Third Eye", etc. etc. etc. .
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 28, 2015, 11:54:53 PM
Dude, I completely answered everything you set up in your little pretend conversation just for your understanding and you accuse me of nonsensical rambling because science can't confirm or deny it. I'm sorry but science is only a tool to assist our understanding. It is not understanding by its self. Some one else please assist tho man in making some real point. Please.

Dude--science can't confirm or deny......what???? The Big Picture?  What is that??  I see, science is only a tool.  But the OT is THE answer.  Okay.  The OT is understanding......of what????  At least in my pretend conversation I gave you an idea of what my questions were and where I disagreed with you.  And your only reply is that you gave all the answers.  Really?  I see, so if you say it (even if we don't know what 'it' is) then it is the Truth.  Okay.  Wow.............I can see you are really plugged into your god!  Airy-fairy and tooth fairy time.

popsthebuilder

No actually I took the time to answer each of your questions twice and seperately.

As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease.

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 29, 2015, 09:05:51 AM
No actually I took the time to answer each of your questions twice and seperately.

As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease.

Maybe in your befuddled little mind.  And that last statement is easily seen as false.  Same as your god.

popsthebuilder

How is it false to believe the earth will only have us as guests for so long?

And for your lifeblood I will surely demand an accounting. I will demand an accounting from every animal, and from every man too, I will demand an accounting for the life of his fellow man.

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on June 29, 2015, 09:12:39 AM
How is it false to believe the earth will only have us as guests for so long?

And for your lifeblood I will surely demand an accounting. I will demand an accounting from every animal, and from every man too, I will demand an accounting for the life of his fellow man.

Because when the sun becomes a red dwarf, there will be no seedtime or harvest, there will mainly be heat, no summer or winter, day or night and one day the earth will simply be burned piece of rock circling the sun. 

You can demand all you want and you can hold your breath and stomp up and down as you like.  :)))  You are a silly, silly man. :)))  Ravings.....................

popsthebuilder

No shut. That would be the time at which the earth will no longer be our host.