News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

You have a choice?

Started by Walker_Lee, April 15, 2014, 09:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

La Dolce Vita

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 20, 2014, 03:11:39 PM
It may be a difference in your eyes but sin is sin to God.

Thank Athe your sick and immoral fictional god is ... well ... fiction.

Seriously, if a god existed and it thought genocide and a white lie (perhaps even a lie used to stop said nazis from finding a jew) was equally bad ... FUCK THAT GOD. It would have zero idea what right and wrong is.

La Dolce Vita

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 20, 2014, 03:31:05 PM
Well God did not create sin the devil did when he disobeyed and left him. Nice try to see if you can make God seem like the bad guy.

Your god is all knowing, by your account. Your god created everything, by your account. Therefor your god created the devil, by your account. And therefor god specifically created sin - BY YOUR ACCOUNT. It's just that, by your account, he made it through a scapegoat.

What a dick.

the_antithesis

Well God did not create sin the devil did when he disobeyed and left him. Nice try to see if you can make God seem like the bad guy.

Nice try, yourself.
If god knows all, then god would know the devil would disobey him and created the devil anyway.

I'm not trying to make god the bad guy. Just showing you where the responsibility actually lies. If god knows all, then god is responsible. Fullstop.

Either god is responsible for sin or god does not know everything.

Shiranu

QuoteWell he deserves way more respect then he will ever get from you anyway.

Yeah, I'm sure Stalin and Hitler said the same thing, as did their fan boys, but I ain't about that life homie... your god's morals are disgusting at best and have no place in the 21st century.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

leo

Quote from: the_antithesis on April 20, 2014, 03:40:39 PM
Nice try, yourself.
If god knows all, then god would know the devil would disobey him and created the devil anyway.

I'm not trying to make god the bad guy. Just showing you where the responsibility actually lies. If god knows all, then god is responsible. Fullstop.

^^ this . I wrote  the same thing days ago but the Christian dude doesn't read the memo.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Jason78

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 20, 2014, 03:11:39 PM
I am not a christian i am a follower of Jesus alone Christians are usually fakes.

If you're a follower of Jesus, why do you not follow his words?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

pioteir

Quote from: Jason78 on April 21, 2014, 05:43:16 AM

Because he follows jesus to tell YOU what to do or not to do.
Theology is unnecessary. - Stephen Hawking

pioteir

What if I was commanded by god to kill someone (amalakites or whatever) and I disobeyed, would that be sin?
Theology is unnecessary. - Stephen Hawking

Walker_Lee

Quote from: pioteir on April 21, 2014, 06:32:22 AM
What if I was commanded by god to kill someone (amalakites or whatever) and I disobeyed, would that be sin?
One of the ten commandments says "thou shalt not kill" so he would not ask you to kill. Jesus said that if we look at someone with hate we already killed them in our hearts. So me you and most people have already killed anyway.
Quote from: Jason78 on April 21, 2014, 05:43:16 AM
I do follow his words.
Quote from: La Dolce Vita on April 20, 2014, 03:35:38 PM
Thank Athe your sick and immoral fictional god is ... well ... fiction.

Seriously, if a god existed and it thought genocide and a white lie (perhaps even a lie used to stop said nazis from finding a jew) was equally bad ... FUCK THAT GOD. It would have zero idea what right and wrong is.
Well he knows more then us so i know he has a better idea of right and wrong then us. He says it is the same to him because sin he hates no matter how big or small you rank it up to be. He hates the small fib as much as killing. Whether that lie was told to save someone it is still a sin.  Also lets say you told the truth and you died because of it. IF there is nothing after this life then who cares if we die. Our life means nothing if there is no God anyway.
Quote from: the_antithesis on April 20, 2014, 03:40:39 PM
Nice try, yourself.

God knows everything and he did not create sin. If you can not get that then it is not my problem.
God is real.
That is the truth.
There is a heaven and hell.
That is the truth.
Jesus lived, died for you, then rose again.
That is the truth.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 21, 2014, 11:11:27 AM
One of the ten commandments says "thou shalt not kill" so he would not ask you to kill. Jesus said that if we look at someone with hate we already killed them in our hearts. So me you and most people have already killed anyway.

And with that, Jason, our fight to the death has been ended. We've looked at eachother with hate and so we've killed.
I submitt that I'm the most hatefull one of us both, so his soul belongs to Islam.

The Walker truly is a prophet...

Praise Allah, Allah be praised.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

aitm

QuoteOne of the ten commandments says "thou shalt not kill" so he would not ask you to kill
Wow, you've never even read the babble. That means you're just a twit.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

the_antithesis

Quote from: Walker_LeeGod knows everything and he did not create sin. If you can not get that then it is not my problem.

You seem like you're not getting it, either, but I know better. This may have been the first time you've heard this. You'll hear it again and again and eventually come around. The seed of doubt has been planted and you are not strong enough to fight it.

If sin is just disobedience and god knows all, then god knew that if it issued any commands that sin would be created. So it issued commands anyway.

You are actually quite terrible at this, incidentally. The obvious weak point in the logic is the definition of sin as disobedience to god, but you are not smart enough to redefine sin, are you? Or maybe you don't want to put morality above god because you adhere to the divine command concept of morality. That is, if god said it, it is moral. You don't want to make morality something separate from and above god. So you don't take this obvious route.

Your problem, then, is your uncompromising perception of your god which you cannot have because the logic follows that either god is everything you think it is and thus responsible for sin or god is not as powerful as you think. You are trying to have your cake and eat it, too. You can't do that. All you're doing is ignoring the truth right in front of you and you can't do that for the rest of your life. Better to stop denying what you know is true and just accept it.

The very concept of sin and the salvation therefrom is too much like a made up concept. You have been manipulated and abused your entire life. I hope you get better someday.

josephpalazzo

If God created everything, then he must have also created evil. There's no way out this one.

Walker_Lee

Quote from: the_antithesis on April 21, 2014, 11:26:27 AM
You seem like you're not getting it, either, but I know better. This may have been the first time you've heard this. You'll hear it again and again and eventually come around. The seed of doubt has been planted and you are not strong enough to fight it.
You can't do that. All you're doing is ignoring the truth right in front of you and you can't do that for the rest of your life. Better to stop denying what you know is true and just accept it.

The very concept of sin and the salvation therefrom is too much like a made up concept. You have been manipulated and abused your entire life. I hope you get better someday.
I have heard it all before and i am still very firm in my belief of God. I have doubted before i was truly saved from hell. There is nothing you can say that will plant doubt in my mind. You are ignoring the real truth which is that there is a God. "Better to stop denying what you know is true and just accept it."
God is real.
That is the truth.
There is a heaven and hell.
That is the truth.
Jesus lived, died for you, then rose again.
That is the truth.

stromboli

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 21, 2014, 11:45:18 AM
I have heard it all before and i am still very firm in my belief of God. I have doubted before i was truly saved from hell. There is nothing you can say that will plant doubt in my mind. You are ignoring the real truth which is that there is a God. "Better to stop denying what you know is true and just accept it."

Everything that happened, happened inside your mind. Religion is highly subjective. Until you truly weigh the evidence objectively, by looking at all the facts impartially, you can not truly say you have studied the truth.

But you have neither the means nor the courage to do that. You are stuck in your religious rut and always will be.