News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

You have a choice?

Started by Walker_Lee, April 15, 2014, 09:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pioteir

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 21, 2014, 11:11:27 AM
One of the ten commandments says "thou shalt not kill" so he would not ask you to kill.
What about the amalekites? Sodom and Gomorrah? What about stoning people to death for having sex before marriage, committing adultery etc? What about all the verses that serve death as punishment for smallest crimes or even misdemeanor?

You know what happenned after the old dude got his ten commandments? .... YES!!! He ordered a massacre!!!

Well he knows more then us so i know he has a better idea of right and wrong then us.

So you're telling me that you know the mind of god? How very humble (and christian) of you.

Our life means nothing if there is no God anyway.

Maybe yours don't mean anything. I like my life. Who the fuck are you to tell me my life is meaningless without your nutbag supreme leader? Again, so very humble and christian of you.
Theology is unnecessary. - Stephen Hawking

the_antithesis

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 21, 2014, 11:45:18 AM
You are ignoring the real truth which is that there is a God.

What's a god?

Solitary

When someone comes here and is asked questions and they don't respond to me I suspect they are trolls.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

pioteir

Quote from: the_antithesis on April 21, 2014, 12:15:34 PM
What's a god?

It's simple. jesus is god, and god is jesus. Add some math magic and you get:

jesus = god, god = jesus, so
jesus = jesus and god = god
I  hope that explains everything :)

Quote from: the_antithesis on April 21, 2014, 11:26:27 AM
All you're doing is ignoring the truth right in front of you and you can't do that for the rest of your life.

Hate to break it to ya but not all mentally ill get better. Sorry :(
Like the pastor who thought he could handle venomous snakes. Well he died after getting bitten, still believing his crap.
oh, and not all dogs go to heaven either.

Thackerie

... IF there is nothing after this life then who cares if we die. Our life means nothing if there is no God anyway. ...

I'm not the one wasting my one life imagining that it's just a waiting room until I get to heaven and begin my "real" life.

Life is precious to most atheists because we realize it's the only one we have. You telling us that our lives are "nothing" is highly insulting. If you had any morality at all, you'd apologize.

I don't expect an apology, though. He's just not smart enough to get it.

Jason78

I do follow his words.

I've yet to see any evidence of that.  You don't exactly present yourself with a christ-like demeanour.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Hydra009

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 21, 2014, 11:45:18 AMThere is nothing you can say that will plant doubt in my mind.
Textbook definition of close-minded.

stromboli

Quote from: pioteir on April 21, 2014, 12:31:18 PM
It's simple. jesus is god, and god is jesus. Add some math magic and you get:

jesus = god, god = jesus, so
jesus = jesus and god = god
I  hope that explains everything :)

Hate to break it to ya but not all mentally ill get better. Sorry :(
Like the pastor who thought he could handle venomous snakes. Well he died after getting bitten, still believing his crap.
oh, and not all dogs go to heaven either.

I think there's like a holy spirit in there somewhere. My math skills suck, so bear with me.

Jesus=god
god=jesus,
jesus=god=god
but
the holy spirit has neither form nor mass so it is effectively a negative, so
jesus=god-holy spirit= 0

sounds right to me.

aitm

he thinks he is going to heaven. Ignoring all the signs that says he isn't. He convinced himself and now has to follow through for sheer embarrassment. That only 144,000 are permitted to go gets pushed aside as just another one of those verses that are wiggily waggily.....you know how they are..its all wiggily waggily.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

pioteir

Quote from: stromboli on April 21, 2014, 12:47:36 PM
I think there's like a holy spirit in there somewhere. My math skills suck, so bear with me.

Jesus=god
god=jesus,
jesus=god=god
but
the holy spirit has neither form nor mass so it is effectively a negative, so
jesus=god-holy spirit= 0

sounds right to me.

I think You're on to something with the holy spirit being a negative. Could it be that the holy spirit is what the phisicists call dark energy, filling the universe? OMFG we discovered the ultimate truth... or something :)))

The whole math posts reminded me of something I read on the net or on some t-shirt or somethin:

god + truth = life

but then god = life - truth and it follows that truth = life - god :)

Hydra009

Quote from: pioteir on April 21, 2014, 01:00:29 PMThe whole math posts reminded me of something I read on the net or on some t-shirt or somethin:

god + truth = life

but then god = life - truth and it follows that truth = life - god :)
And god = life - truth.   :smile2:

stromboli

Wow, we seem to have stumbled on to something here....

La Dolce Vita

Also lets say you told the truth and you died because of it. IF there is nothing after this life then who cares if we die. Our life means nothing if there is no God anyway.

Wrong you dumb cunt. If there's no afterlife that means that life is valuable. How fucking dumb are you? If we continue after we're dead, and that state is eternal, then one shouldn't care if one dies. The less time we have, the more value every single second gets. You got everything backwards. How can you be this dumb?

josephpalazzo

QuoteWalker_Lee

IF there is nothing after this life then who cares if we die. Our life means nothing if there is no God anyway.

Quote from: La Dolce Vita on April 21, 2014, 01:45:13 PM
Wrong you dumb cunt. If there's no afterlife that means that life is valuable. How fucking dumb are you? If we continue after we're dead, and that state is eternal, then one shouldn't care if one dies. The less time we have, the more value every single second gets. You got everything backwards. How can you be this dumb?

He, he, God works in mysterious ways...

rex