News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Will Putin Invade Ukraine?

Started by Cassia, January 20, 2022, 01:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

I've never seen any war as so much enthusiastically and oddly scheduled as this one. Now, the Russian invasion is imminent, US pulling out.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2022/02/12/us-soldiers-ukraine-pulling-out-amid-warnings-of-imminent-russian-invasion.html

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Shiranu

Putin is now declaring Ukraine a "historic part of Russia" and recognizes the independence of the "Republics of Donetsk and Luhansk", 190k troops now on the border and reports of military equipment seen within Ukrainian borders.

Even Putin's generals looked terrified of him, so here is to hoping there are still some sane heads within his cabinet.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/02/21/world/ukraine-russia-putin-biden/russia-will-recognize-two-regions-in-ukraine-a-possible-prelude-to-invasion?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

drunkenshoe

Yeah, I saw it. Apparently, he was also talking about Russians building Ukraine.

Shiranu

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 21, 2022, 04:10:27 PM
Yeah, I saw it. Apparently, he was also talking about Russians building Ukraine.

Kinda like the European settlers "built" America... just ignore what we tore down first.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

drunkenshoe

Ukarine is in the top ten wheat producing countries, selling it to many places. E: To us for example. If this goes long and we cannot buy it from anyone else, the surviving population will be very slim and fashionable. *I'm going slightly maaad. I'm going slightly maaad. It's finally happened. I'm slightly maaad.

Hydra009

Putin ordered Russian troops into Ukraine last night.

So the answer to the question is a resounding yes.  Now the only things left to figure out are how much of Ukraine he'll take over, how many lives will be lost, and what repercussions Putin will face, if any.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 22, 2022, 07:51:23 AM
Putin ordered Russian troops into Ukraine last night.

So the answer to the question is a resounding yes.  Now the only things left to figure out are how much of Ukraine he'll take over, how many lives will be lost, and what repercussions Putin will face, if any.

Actually the big question is China going to try to take advantage of the situation and take over Taiwan?
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Cassia

I wanna thank Trump for pumping-up that little Putin douchebag. Of course, the wave of Nationalism encourages every Hitler wanna-be.

I think the sanctions will be useless. We could confiscate and lock-up every penny and all property owned by every wealthy Russian.

This stupid land-grab by Putin could end up ultimately turning the planet into glass. Frankly I am surprised we haven't already.

Shiranu

For a good breakdown on all the crazy stuff that happened yesterday that can get lost in the noise, the last segment on Ukraine does a good job at recapping and reminding some of the serious things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKNXF2IYHI8

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofijY6M-OA8

A rebuke of expansionist nationalism as practiced by Russia and Russian operatives within sovereign countries calling for "unity" with Russia

Hydra009

Updates:

Russia has list of Ukrainians it plans on killing or sending to camps

QuoteEarlier, Crocker said in the letter that the U.S. believes Russia would “likely target those who oppose Russian actions, including Russian and Belarusian dissidents in exile in Ukraine, journalists and anti-corruption activists, and vulnerable populations such as religious and ethnic minorities and LGBTQI+ persons.”

The document warns of large-scale "human rights violations and abuses" and says protesters would also be met with unjust force.

Ukraine starts drafting its reservists

Cassia

I can always pull up the RT Channel (was Russia Today and changed its name just like Kentucky Fried) on my satellite receiver for some Putin propaganda.

Shiranu

My heart hurts, for now there are reports of explosions in Kyiv; a streamer I really respect and a classmate from a decade ago both live there, and I hate the thought of what life must be like for them now.

Shiranu

More than just reports; caught on camera, explosions in Kyiv.

I hope the people I know have been able to flee the country, I'm scared of how they will be treated by the Russian occupiers :(.