How Christianity Perverts Definitions of Good & Evil

Started by Blackleaf, January 08, 2022, 02:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel L.

#15
Quote from: Shiranu on March 12, 2022, 03:55:47 PMSo his son wasn't sacrificed for mankind's sins and would find the significance placed on it sinful?
The sacrifice of Jesus was not a blood sacrifice, I was a True Sacrifice of God:
Psalms 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

-God delights not in blood sacrifices, neither accepts them:

Isaiah 1:11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the Lord: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.
15 And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.

-Those Priests and Pharisees, who killed Him didn't have their sins remmited, because they blood sacrificed a Perfect Lamb, no. They had their condemnation increased, because of their wickedness: shedding innocent blood. And Great Tribulation came upon that "generation of vipers", "such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be."
Quote from: aitm on March 13, 2022, 10:09:19 AMIf the Scripture dishonors Him, it is not Scripture, because He can't contradict Himself.
What you missed about blood sacrifice in the bible, is that it is not allowed, it is wicked and abominable

And yet the entire book of Deuteronomy is about god telling his peeps what animal sacrifices he wants to forgive certain sins. Seems like the omniscient one changed his mind...lolol
He didn't change His mind. He was misrepresented: "An enemy did this":

Matthew 13:27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

Jeremiah 7:22 For I spake not unto your fathers, nor commanded them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices:

Ezekiel 5:6 And she hath changed my judgments into wickedness more than the nations, and my statutes more than the countries that are round about her: for they have refused my judgments and my statutes, they have not walked in them.

Malachi 2:8 But ye are departed out of the way; ye have caused many to stumble at the law; ye have corrupted the covenant of Levi, saith the LORD of hosts.

Cassia

Yeah, the whole "lamb of gawd" and "drink of my blood", yada yada yada had nothing to do with a typical blood sacrifice /s...yeah we get that because then the son of god is just an animal. Which he is. A great ape actually. If he even existed. It's sketchy.

You do know that most of us don't really care much about the issues causing all the infighting amongst believers. We don't see any evidence that it isn't all just made up like how you probably think other religions were/are all made up.

So stop quoting "Harry Potter" and give us some real evidence. We have been waiting for over 2,000 years.

Blackleaf

#17
Jesus was called the "sacrificial lamb." On the day of Passover, he recontextualized the holiday, with him taking the place of the lamb. On the Passover, the Hebrews killed a lamb, spread its blood over their door, and ate every last bit of the flesh. Those who did so were passed over by the angel of death. None of those parallels make sense if Jesus wasn't a blood sacrifice.

The problems you bring up against the idea of Jesus as a blood sacrifice don't help your case. You're just showing the holes in logic in the Christian religion. A sacrifice is supposed to be given to show that you take your misdeeds seriously, and to show that you are sorry. But with Christianity, God gives Jesus as a sacrifice...to himself...to forgive us. It makes no sense.

There was an early variant of Christianity which made more sense, IMO. In it, they saw Jesus' god and the god of Earth as two separate and opposed dieties. The god of the world was evil, and Jesus' god sent him to offer a way out of the evil god's torturous existence. Their sect wasn't on the winning side, though. They're lost to time, while the dumbest version of Christianity went on. The one which says that there are three gods who are actually one god.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville

Daniel L.

#18
Quote from: Cassia on March 25, 2022, 04:36:16 PMgive us some real evidence
John 6:43 Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.
Quote from: Blackleaf on March 25, 2022, 05:59:02 PMto show that you are sorry
Shedding innocent blood, doesn't show you are sorry, it just shows you haven't learned a thing. What shows you have repented is if you "Go and sin no more", and "walk in the Light", "Keep my commandments". These are what shows if someone has repented or not. Any one can kill a lamb, but only those who keep His commandments abide in Him.
Quote from: Blackleaf on March 25, 2022, 05:59:02 PMGod gives Jesus as a sacrifice...to himself...to forgive us. It makes no sense.
Psalm 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

-The sacrifice of Jesus can only remmit sins if the believer repents. Because not even He, can remmit the sins of those who don't repent, neither can He retain the sins of those who do indeed repent:

Luke 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.



Cassia

All 'HE'/s had to do is give us the germ theory of disease or E=mc2. No, we get cheap parlor tricks stories like water to wine and are told lepers have demons, oh and don't wash your hands before you eat. That 'the end' will go down while some disciples are still alive. Fail. Slavery is kosher but don't covet an ass. We know how modern religions like Mormonism and all that L.RON Hubbard nonsense took root. Same deal.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Daniel L. on March 25, 2022, 07:43:32 PMJohn 6:43 Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.Shedding innocent blood, doesn't show you are sorry, it just shows you haven't learned a thing. What shows you have repented is if you "Go and sin no more", and "walk in the Light", "Keep my commandments". These are what shows if someone has repented or not. Any one can kill a lamb, but only those who keep His commandments abide in Him.Psalm 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

-The sacrifice of Jesus can only remmit sins if the believer repents. Because not even He, can remmit the sins of those who don't repent, neither can He retain the sins of those who do indeed repent:

Luke 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.



I know you are probably a drive-by; if not, then go to the intro page and introduce yourself.  Jesus and god are manmade fictions.  The bible/bibles (there isn't one 'bible', there are literally hundreds of different ones) are manmade.  So, you are trying to establish facts with fiction(s).  Doesn't work for me.  (and yes, I've read the entire bible--one of them, anyway)  Can you provide us with any facts or factual data to show us heathens that Jesus, god, any bible is not manmade? 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Daniel L.

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 25, 2022, 09:12:38 PMCan you provide us with any facts or factual data to show us heathens that Jesus, god
Yes, anything your eyes can see:

Psalm 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.

3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

6 His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.

7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

8 The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.

9 The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.

10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

11 Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.

-The reason some don't see it, is because it wasn't given to them to see it:

John 6:65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Daniel L. on March 26, 2022, 10:09:44 AMYes, anything your eyes can see:

Psalm 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

2 Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.

3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.

6 His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.

7 The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

8 The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes.

9 The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.

10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

11 Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.

-The reason some don't see it, is because it wasn't given to them to see it:

John 6:65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
You are still doing it.  Quoting a piece of fiction--yes, your bible, and all others, are a work of fiction.  It would be like me quoting from Bugs Bunny or a Stephen King novel to provide 'facts' to back up an argument.  Can you supply any empirical data to demonstrate that god or jesus or any 'scriptures' are accurate or even real???  Of course you can't, so you just go back to your favored fictions.  I guess that is okay for you, but is laughable for me.  So just keep on making me laugh (and shaking my head in sadness).
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

the_antithesis

Quote from: Daniel L. on March 26, 2022, 10:09:44 AM-The reason some don't see it, is because it wasn't given to them to see it:

Then why are you here? If we don't believe in your god, by this reasoning, it is because your god doesn't want us to believe in it.

So, why are you thwarting your god's plan?

Daniel L.

Quote from: the_antithesis on March 26, 2022, 01:21:05 PMThen why are you here? If we don't believe in your god, by this reasoning, it is because your god doesn't want us to believe in it.

So, why are you thwarting your god's plan?
There was one here who needed to hear the Word, I'm not here for you, who weren't given.

the_antithesis

Quote from: Daniel L. on March 26, 2022, 03:02:26 PMThere was one here who needed to hear the Word, I'm not here for you, who weren't given.
Did your god tell you that or are you ruining things again?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Daniel L. on March 26, 2022, 03:02:26 PMThere was one here who needed to hear the Word, I'm not here for you, who weren't given.
Hahahahahahahahahahah!!!!! :histerical:
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Blackleaf

If you're not actually going to respond to any of our points, you're basically admitting defeat. Incidentally, I used to be like you, Daniel. I thought I was one of God's chosen elect, and my life was evidence of that. I was involved in more ministries than I could count, I felt more at home at church than in my own house, and there was nothing more important to me than following God's will for my life. Problem is, once you see through the bullshit, the cat's out of the bag. Better dig your head deep in that sand, Daniel. If it could happen to me, it can happen to you.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville

Cassia


the_antithesis

Hale-bopp, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, ba duba dop
Ba du, oh yeah
Hale-bopp, ba duba dop
Ba du bop, ba du dop
Ba du bop, ba du dop
Ba du, yeah