News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: kilodelta on May 24, 2015, 09:14:27 PM
So, if one decided to be a complete ass to everyone in Walking Dead, would it end having the same result?
Mostly.  There'd be minor differences, though.  It branches out a little, but it always comes back to the same situations no matter what you do.  Some characters can survive if you're good to them, but for most of them, it's completely out of your hands.

For example, there's a bunch of cannibals.  I can either kill them or let them live.  If I let them live, they get eaten by walkers immediately after.  I come across a car filled with supplies.  I can choose to loot it or leave it be.  If I don't loot it, the group loots it and gives me some of the loot.  There's an adult who stepped in a bear trap and two high schoolers are with him.  If I help free him, one of the kids gets eaten and the adult dies from his wounds anyway.  If I don't free him, the adult gets eaten and one of the kids tries to grab at my gun and gets shot and dies.  Either way, you pick up the same high schooler as a FNG.

Simply put, it's more the illusion of choice than it is actual choice.

kilodelta

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 25, 2015, 04:50:45 PM

Simply put, it's more the illusion of choice than it is actual choice.

That graph shows what happens really well. It kind of reminds me of Knight of the Old Republic without the dark side / light side ending.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

_Xenu_

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 21, 2015, 01:47:29 PM
I've finished Walking Dead.  Overall, I liked the game very much.  I love the idea of making hard choices, but it can be very stressful making these snap judgements with dire consequences with no time to think it over.  It's hard to make the "right" decisions.  And the game definitely made me feel for the characters, especially Clementine.

My first playthrough, I went with more or less a Shane approach.  Protect Clem, BFFs with Kenny, Larry can go to hell.  You help out, I'll help you out.  You put the survival of the group at risk, I'll put you down myself.  I killed so many zombies and non-zombies...

On my second playthrough, I tried to be more generous and forgiving but it really bothered me how little my actions actually mattered.  For example, I really wanted to save a character who had died in the last playthrough.  Couldn't be done.  That character dies the exact same way no matter what I did.  With slight differences, everything more or less unfolded in exactly the same way.  It just felt so linear.

Also, the game desperately needs a save/load button rather than just relying on autosaves.  Or maybe a way to rewind just the last 30 seconds of gameplay.  I can't tell you how many times I've messed something up only to reload from the last autosave and have to hear the same dialogue over and over and over again.  Gah.
Welcome to Telltale Games, I have pretty much everything they've ever made. Its true your decisions only matter up to a point, but if you play through season 2 there's five possible endings.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Hydra009

Sweet.  I plan on starting season 2 soon.

DeathandGrim

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 25, 2015, 04:12:36 PM
for anyone with playstation plus, Chase the Sun is amazing and it's free this month to add to your library.  Super addicting

What's your opinion on PS4? I've been hesitating to buy one because my PS3 collects dust now thanks to minecraft and LoL.
You argue with a god of death?

We all make bad decisions.

"Born Asian -- Not born this way"

PickelledEggs

Quote from: DeathandGrim on May 26, 2015, 04:41:56 AM
What's your opinion on PS4? I've been hesitating to buy one because my PS3 collects dust now thanks to minecraft and LoL.
I like it.
I originally got it for MKX because my computer apparently can't run it, but after getting Bloodborne and with Playstation plus, I'm liking it a lot. PS Plus every month makes a new set of games free to add to your library.

DeathandGrim

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 26, 2015, 09:23:49 AM
I like it.
I originally got it for MKX because my computer apparently can't run it, but after getting Bloodborne and with Playstation plus, I'm liking it a lot. PS Plus every month makes a new set of games free to add to your library.

I did drop $90 for the best PC port of MKX ever (don't get it) so you dodged a cannonball there it runs like ass.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: DeathandGrim on May 26, 2015, 10:12:05 AM
I did drop $90 for the best PC port of MKX ever (don't get it) so you dodged a cannonball there it runs like ass.
I did get it and wasted my money on it. That's one of the reasons I know it doesn't work. Aside from my computer being borderline  compatible with it, the pc port is absolute ass. I'm over at testyourmight.Com too. Apparently High Voltage is just a shit software company and can't do a decent port. Same problem with Injustice for pc.

Sent from your mom.

DeathandGrim

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 26, 2015, 10:15:37 AMHow does High Voltage even get work? The Injustice port is OK, it runs smoothly but still has the odd lag during stage transitions. Batgirl is still in the game anyway so really why play?

My MKX went from a solid 60 fps to an at best 45 fps after that large patch.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: DeathandGrim on May 26, 2015, 11:12:00 AM

Idk how High Voltage gets work since they suck at what they do. Injustice's online was shotty and was completely broken and I don't even know what they did with MKX.

But anyway. It's really good for PS4.... and the PS4 is amazing in general. Bloodborne is good, ElderScrolls online is coming out in a week or so also, subscription free, plus they give you a few games every month for free.

Mike Cl

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 27, 2015, 01:21:08 AM
Idk how High Voltage gets work since they suck at what they do. Injustice's online was shotty and was completely broken and I don't even know what they did with MKX.

But anyway. It's really good for PS4.... and the PS4 is amazing in general. Bloodborne is good, ElderScrolls online is coming out in a week or so also, subscription free, plus they give you a few games every month for free.
Pickled, I game only on a PC.  You said the PS4 is amazing.  Why?  If one games on a PC, would they be happy with a PS4?  I have only recently thought of getting a gaming machine, but don't know which is best, nor if it would even be advisable for since I like the games on my PC so well. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 27, 2015, 09:18:48 AM
Pickled, I game only on a PC.  You said the PS4 is amazing.  Why?  If one games on a PC, would they be happy with a PS4?  I have only recently thought of getting a gaming machine, but don't know which is best, nor if it would even be advisable for since I like the games on my PC so well.
It depends. I'm liking a few of the PlayStation exclusives and mortal Kombat has all the better gamers on PlayStation 4,so it works out for me. Plus I have a ps Vita and since you need PlayStation plus to play online for ps4 and you get free games, there are a bunch of games I already have for my vita that I didn't even need to pay for. And the Vita is great for me when I'm not home and want to game.

Sent from your mom.

Mike Cl

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 27, 2015, 11:38:12 AM
It depends. I'm liking a few of the PlayStation exclusives and mortal Kombat has all the better gamers on PlayStation 4,so it works out for me. Plus I have a ps Vita and since you need PlayStation plus to play online for ps4 and you get free games, there are a bunch of games I already have for my vita that I didn't even need to pay for. And the Vita is great for me when I'm not home and want to game.

Sent from your mom.
thanks for sending this, mom.  For me, Steam offers free games at times, as well.  And I can't get around the fact that the graphics are better on a PC.  Plus, I can play a PC game and watch TV at the same time. :))  Thanks for the info.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 27, 2015, 11:43:29 AM
thanks for sending this, mom.  For me, Steam offers free games at times, as well.  And I can't get around the fact that the graphics are better on a PC.  Plus, I can play a PC game and watch TV at the same time. :))  Thanks for the info.
It's not free to play games that they give away they flat out discount certain games for a month to the price of free and you can just add them permanently to your library. Even after they go to regular price. Graphics are better on PC and I still like pc games more, but I am enjoying my ps4 and PlayStation Vita very much even though I consider myself a pc gamer.

Sent from your mom.

DeathandGrim

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 27, 2015, 09:18:48 AM

This is exactly my thinking. If I'm gonna drop $400 on a console I wanna be able to get at least equal its value in games. The PS3 had an incredible lineup and I don't regret getting one but this generation is so dry when it comes to a quality catalog. A few exclusives that I have my eye on like: Uncharted 4, LBP 3, and a possible Resistance reboot. But that's at best $180.

And what happened to The Last Guardian? It's been a whole 8 years and I've seen nothing :(