News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

kilodelta

They killed Bullfrog?! Up until this moment in my life, I was a happy person. That no longer is true.

Populous was an awesome game that needed a good sequel. The spells casting words were epic.

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Hydra009

Quote from: kilodelta on May 12, 2015, 04:55:42 PM
They killed Bullfrog?!
They were acquired by EA in 1995, had an abnormally high spate of game cancellations, went defunct in 2001, and officially ceased to exist in 2004.  The CEO admitted to screwing up with both Bullfrog and Westwood.

kilodelta

The look on his face is priceless.

Shiranu

So, school just ended, I have no work atm and...

Final Fantasy X Remastered just came out.

Life is good. Life is really good. I feel like I'm like... 12 again.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

kilodelta

I can't wait until I turn 12.

kilodelta

Mike Cl

Anybody pick up Galactic Civilizations III today and play it?  Good---bad?????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

kilodelta

I too wish to know about Galactic Civilizations III... who's jumping in first?

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Mike Cl

Quote from: kilodelta on May 15, 2015, 08:45:45 PM
I too wish to know about Galactic Civilizations III... who's jumping in first?
I've been reading the comments on Steam about the new release.  So far the thumbs down comments have been running at about 40%--that's way too high for me.  I love the concept, but I think I'll wait until they patch it a bit more before I take the plunge.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

kilodelta

Quote from: Mike Cl on May 20, 2015, 06:30:53 PM
I've been reading the comments on Steam about the new release.  So far the thumbs down comments have been running at about 40%--that's way too high for me.  I love the concept, but I think I'll wait until they patch it a bit more before I take the plunge.

Yeah. That does seem a bit too high.

Hydra009

I've finished Walking Dead.  Overall, I liked the game very much.  I love the idea of making hard choices, but it can be very stressful making these snap judgements with dire consequences with no time to think it over.  It's hard to make the "right" decisions.  And the game definitely made me feel for the characters, especially Clementine.

My first playthrough, I went with more or less a Shane approach.  Protect Clem, BFFs with Kenny, Larry can go to hell.  You help out, I'll help you out.  You put the survival of the group at risk, I'll put you down myself.  I killed so many zombies and non-zombies...

On my second playthrough, I tried to be more generous and forgiving but it really bothered me how little my actions actually mattered.  For example, I really wanted to save a character who had died in the last playthrough.  Couldn't be done.  That character dies the exact same way no matter what I did.  With slight differences, everything more or less unfolded in exactly the same way.  It just felt so linear.

Also, the game desperately needs a save/load button rather than just relying on autosaves.  Or maybe a way to rewind just the last 30 seconds of gameplay.  I can't tell you how many times I've messed something up only to reload from the last autosave and have to hear the same dialogue over and over and over again.  Gah.

kilodelta

So, if one decided to be a complete ass to everyone in Walking Dead, would it end having the same result?

PickelledEggs

for anyone with playstation plus, Chase the Sun is amazing and it's free this month to add to your library.  Super addicting