News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

So I went to a Mortal Kombat weekly tourney tonight.... and actually did pretty decent! I lost the first one, but I won the second, then the third I also lost, but it was close. All things considered, especially since I am very rusty with fighting games in general, I did pretty well.

[rant]
plus btw. FUCK Dota 2. Seriously. Never playing that game again. Will be uninstalled permanently. I am not dealing with people that don't understand teamwork, how to ward, how to push a lane, how to speak english or at the very least, do a warning ping.... never. Not again. I can't deal with that frustration. I'm going to try out League of Legends again.... if that is at all close to being as frustrating as dota in those ways, I quit mobas all together and am sticking to starcraft for my RTS fix. At least with starcraft, if I lose, I can just blame my self and my own mistakes, rather than having to rely on some shit teammates that shotgun mid and then feeds the other team/killsteals the carry [/rant]

Hydra009

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 29, 2015, 02:20:56 AMI am not dealing with people that don't understand teamwork, how to ward, how to push a lane, how to speak english or at the very least, do a warning ping.... never. Not again. I can't deal with that frustration.
Cooperative online games in general suffer these sorts of problems. 

The best solution I've found is simply to make a team in advance.

kilodelta

The X-Wing series is on Steam. The original X-Wing is what got me into computer gaming. I've got wood.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Shiranu

Quote from: kilodelta on May 03, 2015, 12:24:55 PM
The X-Wing series is on Steam. The original X-Wing is what got me into computer gaming. I've got wood.

Oh mah god.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Mike Cl

My first exposure to this was pong.  I was the household champ for awhile. :))  I developed a wicked curve.  The first real platform game was Shark! Shark! on Intellivision. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

GrinningYMIR

fallout 4 rumors at E3 this year..come on Bethesda come on...
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

wolf39us

GTA V for PC is starting to annoy me a little.  Despite my SSD, the load times are pretty bad.  Connecting to the online service takes forever and if my connection drops off for even a second, I get booted out of the server. 

Pretty annoying because I have to deal with my mother's WiFi until I found a place to move to!

PickelledEggs

Got Bloodborne for PS4. After a few min, I noticed my character's suit was drenched. It took me a few seconds for my mind to realize it wasn't raining and that it was blood.... lol

DeathandGrim

Kurrently playing MKX and Minecraft.

My internet is commiting suicide 1-2 times a day so I'm on a hiatus from LoL right now.
You argue with a god of death?

We all make bad decisions.

"Born Asian -- Not born this way"

the_antithesis

So after months of fighting with the PS3 controller on my PC, I finally got a cheapo Xbox 360 controller.

I was surprised by the PS3 controller. Looking it up online, I figured I'd have to do some major drive voodoo to get it to work, so I downloaded the necessary files that most resources said I would need, set myself up in a wi-fi location since I can't afford internet in my home, had a live chicken standing by in case a blood sacrifice was necessary and settled in for a lengthy session of frustration. But when I plugged it in, a popup read "PS3 controller detected. Installing drivers." "What?" I said. "Drivers installed. Device is now ready to be used," it replied. "Fuck, that was easy," I thought to myself. The chicken agreed and edged slowly towards the door.

After that, it's been a frustrating experience as my laptop stopped recognizing the device. Trying a different USB port sometimes fixed this, but it needed to re-install the drivers. It's just a pain since I mostly play games at home where this doesn't happen.

So, now I have a Rock Candy Xbox 360 controller because Xbox controllers are expensive as fuck. I noticed after I got it out of the box that it lacked vibration support since I could see it lacked the vibrator motors through the clear plastic. No big deal since most of the time I'm playing games that do not vibrate anyway. But annoying since this cost about five bucks more than the PS3 controller which did.

However, it does work a lot better, but that's only because the games I have loaded, like MAME, Pinball Arcade and Bioshock 2 specifically have Xbox 360 controller support. The PS3 controller also worked with MAME, I think, but it would, wouldn't it? Other emulators needed to have the inputs configured a bit, but worked fine after that. Only Minecraft didn't work, but there's probably a mod for that. I can't be arsed right now. But Pinball Arcade is much, much better with a controller. I mean, holy fucking shit. Would have been nice if I could have used the PS3 controller with these games, but they simply aren't supported. I could try utilities like Xpadder to make the computer think the PS3 controller is a 360 controller, but fuck it.

That all said, I'm not a fan of the layout or feel of the Xbox controller. That could just be familiarity. I'm used to a Playstation controller, is all. By and large, they aren't that different. I might try cram the 360 controller guts into the Nyco PS3 controller shell because I still find it more comfortable. But, whatever.

So that works. It'll be interesting if the Xbox controller stops working properly after a while. Will keep you posted.

trdsf

Can anyone recommend any ad-free games for an Android phone?  Preferably of the math/logic/puzzle variety.  I finally bought one.  For the price, I'd've been an idiot not to (ten bucks, marked down from fifty).  I held off as long as I could, but my inner Luddite finally surrendered.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

DeathandGrim

Quote from: trdsf on May 10, 2015, 05:20:57 PM
Can anyone recommend any ad-free games for an Android phone?  Preferably of the math/logic/puzzle variety.  I finally bought one.  For the price, I'd've been an idiot not to (ten bucks, marked down from fifty).  I held off as long as I could, but my inner Luddite finally surrendered.

I'd recommend Plants vs Zombies 2. It's a very fun and challenging game. Warning: there are ads in the game but you choose if you want to play them for in-game currency, usually 30-60 seconds. And there are microtransactions for extra plants.

I would recommend more but I mean I play mostly free games on my Android so they run ads

You argue with a god of death?

We all make bad decisions.

"Born Asian -- Not born this way"

trdsf

Quote from: DeathandGrim on May 10, 2015, 06:35:25 PM
I'd recommend Plants vs Zombies 2. It's a very fun and challenging game. Warning: there are ads in the game but you choose if you want to play them for in-game currency, usually 30-60 seconds. And there are microtransactions for extra plants.

I would recommend more but I mean I play mostly free games on my Android so they run ads
For the right app, I might be willing to pay -- I have zero tolerance for ads.  I'm in the process of suing my cell company because they texted me an ad after they were told not to and told me they wouldn't.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur