Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

72 virgins? For real dude?

Started by SHIN KAIRI, March 16, 2013, 11:10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_antithesis

Quote from: "Belial"
Quote from: "the_antithesis"
Quote from: "Belial"All religions have their old timey ideas and interpretations that, over time are outdated.
So, what's to keep from throwing out the whole idea and how does one determine which ideas are true and which ones are safe to throw away?
I keep ideas that I am fond of.

Sounds like the word of a perfect god.

Belial

Quote from: "the_antithesis"Sounds like the word of a perfect god.

After it is manipulated with human interpretation, yes absolutely.

the_antithesis

It's also a piss-poor way to decide on religious dogma. It's basically based on a whim. Your whim. So your god is basically you. It's like a G.I. Joe. You stole the old Canaanite war god from the last group that was raping it and made it your own Cobra Commander.

Belial

Quote from: "the_antithesis"It's also a piss-poor way to decide on religious dogma. It's basically based on a whim. Your whim. So your god is basically you. It's like a G.I. Joe. You stole the old Canaanite war god from the last group that was raping it and made it your own Cobra Commander.

Sorry, I dont know much about GI Joe. I honestly do not know what you mean.

the_antithesis

Quote from: "the_antithesis"It's also a piss-poor way to decide on religious dogma. It's basically based on a whim. Your whim. So your god is basically you. It's like a G.I. Joe. You stole the old Canaanite war god from the last group that was raping it and made it your own Cobra Commander.

It's a toy. Like a puppet.

Belial

Quote from: "the_antithesis"

It's a toy. Like a puppet.

So I had a puppet that was getting assaulted by another puppet.  I took the canaanite puppet and...transformed it into another cobra commander puppet?  

This doesnt make sense to me.

Bibliofagus

Quote from: "Belial"So I had a puppet that was getting assaulted by another puppet.  I took the canaanite puppet and...transformed it into another cobra commander puppet?  

This doesnt make sense to me.

That´s the point he´s making.
Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"Faith says, "I believe this and I don\'t care what you say, I cannot possibly be wrong." Faith is an act of pride.

Quote from: \"AllPurposeAtheist\"The moral high ground was dug up and made into a walmart apparently today.

Tornadoes caused: 2, maybe 3.

Bibliofagus

Quote from: "Jmpty"So, it's a cafeteria style religion? Like a buffet? You just get to pick the things you like, and leave the rest?

Pretty much. Well, you choose amongst the better tasting flavor. If you have two interpretations and two understandings of what Islam is, you can freely choose amongst the options.  You cant simply not choose any flavor, then you would be a non believer.

So it´s okay to think allah is a prick?
Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"Faith says, "I believe this and I don\'t care what you say, I cannot possibly be wrong." Faith is an act of pride.

Quote from: \"AllPurposeAtheist\"The moral high ground was dug up and made into a walmart apparently today.

Tornadoes caused: 2, maybe 3.

Plu

Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"What kind of a christian would I be if I said no?

An honest one. The fact that you're not in jail already shows that you're not doing what the bible asks, because there's plenty of sinning that is punishable by death going on around you.

Fidel_Castronaut

Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"Please... if you don't want to become christians, at least become atheists; because they will have it far better than you during the tribulation.

Yeah, the least you could do is become that second rate type of human who is an atheist, then you can work your way up to the right path which, as everyone knows, is following jésus.

Incidentally, do those virgins have to wear full Islamic dress when not being forced to have sex with some guy they don't know (I'm assuming the virgins don't get a say)?

Really, for a religion that professes to uphold magical morals on sexuality to preserve a women's chastity and prevent a man from raping everyone he sees not covered head to toe in a Saudi bed sheet, Islam sure is obsessed with a vaginas and hymens.

Like most religions, really.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Jedster

Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"
Quote from: "aitm"curious question from a person who urges one to read the new testament FIRST. Typical of those embarrassed by the OT.
Not at all embarrassed by the OT. In fact, I firmly believe that someone who has limited knowledge on The OT will never fully understand the NT.

Without the foundation, everything crumbles.

And what is your knowledge of the OT?
It surprises me that someone who has more than  "limited knowledge" of the OT, doesn't know what 'shin' means.

pr126

I was often wondering about these garments worn in Saudi Arabia and other hot countries, where the males are wearing white, light cotton robes letting the breeze through, and reflect the sunlight, quite comfortable I should think.

While females wearing heavier black robes (must not be revealing) and absorb the heat of the sun more, leading to all sorts of health problems.

Blocking out the sun leads to vitamin D deprivation, excessive sweating, building up bacteria, and highly uncomfortable as well.

Allah hates women.
Well, Allah seems to hate everything living really, as it is the complete psychological makeup of it's creator, the psychopathic, mentally deranged Muhammad.

SHIN KAIRI

Quote from: "Plu"
Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"What kind of a christian would I be if I said no?
The fact that you're not in jail already shows that you're not doing what the bible asks
Hhhhmmm not so sure about where you got that idea :/

Romans 13:1 Everyone is to obey the governing authorities. For there is no authority that is not from God, and the existing authorities have been placed where they are by God. 2 Therefore, whoever resists the authorities is resisting what God has instituted; and those who resist will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers are no terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you like to be unafraid of the person in authority? Then simply do what is good, and you will win his approval; 4 for he is God's servant, there for your benefit. But if you do what is wrong, be afraid! Because it is not for nothing that he holds the power of the sword; for he is God's servant, there as an avenger to punish wrongdoers. 5 Another reason to obey, besides fear of punishment, is for the sake of conscience. 6 This is also why you pay taxes; for the authorities are God's public officials, constantly attending to these duties. 7 Pay everyone what he is owed: if you owe the tax-collector, pay your taxes; if you owe the revenue-collector, pay revenue; if you owe someone respect, pay him respect; if you owe someone honor, pay him honor. 8 Don't owe anyone anything — except to love one another; for whoever loves his fellow human being has fulfilled Torah. 9 For the commandments, "Don't commit adultery," "Don't murder," "Don't steal," "Don't covet,"[a] and any others are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself." 10 Love does not do harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fullness of Torah.
Presuppositionalism wins everytime.

This will guide you to The Light ]http://shinkairi.blogspot.com/[/url]

Isaiah 55:9 "As high as the sky is above the earth are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Plu

So basically, the bible is a useless collection of literature, because you're not supposed to do what it says in there but what the government asks of you? That's an interesting take on things. Especially considering the bible and the government are in direct opposition on many subjects.

SGOS

72 virgins!  Not 59 or 83.  Is 72 the ideal number of virgins a guy needs?  I'd be pissed if I got to heaven and Allah had only given me 64.  What??  Did some other creep end up with 8 of my virgins?  I was promised 72, and I expect 72.  I blew myself up in a suicide attack, and killed 50 men, women, and children, and I'm only getting 64 virgins?

The Book of Revelations gets obsessed with 7.  There are 7 dragons, each with seven heads, and each head having 7 tongues of flame, and on an on in horrible things made worse when they come in sevens.  But why 7?  If the numbers varied among things, it wouldn't be as believable?  But no, everything is sevens, and now it's like oooh, all scary and creepy.

You're walking down the road to Hell, and there's a dragon.  Not to worry.  It's just another stupid dragon.  You've seen hundreds of dragons, right?  But then you realize there are exactly 7 dragons, and now you're fucked, big time.  You cry out, "Why?  Why, God, does there have to be exactly 7 dragons?