News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Independence, or else .

Started by Green Bottle, September 08, 2014, 12:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Bottle

Quote from: Munch on September 08, 2014, 09:23:22 PM
I'm kinda nervous about it, only because I dunno what it means for the future given I've close friends and family up in scotland who I want to move with one day, but if it goes independent dunno how that'll effect me looking to move there, or even go there for a holiday without ID
I wouldnt worry about it mate, i dont think were gonna start building the border up as soon as a yes vote comes in, i think travel between Scotland and england will be as easy as it is now, and i also have cousins down south and as they tell me they are all for it and wish us well..

Quote from: PickelledEggs on September 08, 2014, 09:45:02 PM
Congrats, bottle! Many of my favorite things are Scottish. Liquor... Billy Connoly... Karen Gillan....

Aye man, i like all of those too, Karen gillan mmmmmm

Quote from: Moralnihilist on September 09, 2014, 09:55:37 AM
Don't forget the wonder that is know as Wee Heavy.
Ah Wee Heavy, our other other other National drink.. :jook:

Quote from: stromboli on September 09, 2014, 11:25:21 AM
:jook: :pidu:

Lates news from the campaign, its been reported today that  (pmsfl) prime ministers questions tomorrow in westminster has been cancelled and Smarmy Cameron and his opposite numpty Milleband will travel up here in panic to try to persuade (Beg) voters not to vote yes, they are getting desperate now it seems... :fU:

An now, here's a class tune.

http://youtu.be/-SotTAs9hEM
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Green Bottle

Aye well , they came, they talked shite, an they left.

Yes the prime minister and his monkey Clegg, milliband the leader of the opposition, and others all came up to Scotland to beg/plead/with us not to go (please please dont leave us)fuckin sickenin.
Cameron couldnt even bring himself to go outside and meet the ordinary voters for fear of being heckled, so he was hidden away in an office building with a room full of his own supporters in Edinburgh.
The same with Milliband , another coward hiding away from the crowds, the only one i saw with any bottle was Prescott out an about in the streets but he was heavy heckled an took some abuse but at least he was out there among it.

A week to go now and its still neck an neck , or as they say, too close too call.
You can tell that westminster are getting worried as all the lies and scaremongering doesnt seem to be having any effect on the voters, yes the bitter togethers are still out there but the yes campaign is shouting the loudest an is being more honest and the people know it...

Munch

GB, don't you think your doing the same kinda thing, as other political groups are, in pinning yes vote gifs around?

I'm completely against this kind of thing overall, because as you say, if the voting system is showing a neck and neck lead in the yes and no, this means in the end half the people voting will be left disillusioned by their own countrymen. Its a ridiculous game and the reason why I don't vote for anything political anymore.

why should half of scotland be made to feel like their opinion matters for nothing in this kind of game?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Green Bottle

Quote from: Munch on September 12, 2014, 09:33:17 PM
GB, don't you think your doing the same kinda thing, as other political groups are, in pinning yes vote gifs around?

I'm completely against this kind of thing overall, because as you say, if the voting system is showing a neck and neck lead in the yes and no, this means in the end half the people voting will be left disillusioned by their own countrymen. Its a ridiculous game and the reason why I don't vote for anything political anymore.

why should half of scotland be made to feel like their opinion matters for nothing in this kind of game?

But everyone in the country who intends to vote believes their opinion does matter , wether they are on the Yes side or on the No.
But aye, i think i see what u mean, people on either side mite think that but not until the result is known.
And after its all over half the country will be overjoyed and the other half depressed , but i really hope we can move forward as a nation , free or not.

And as far as ''pinning Yes vote gifs around well i think im entitled considering ill be voting Yes.... :pidu:

Hijiri Byakuren

If Scotland is really that divided on the issue, then this can only end in tears.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Munch

I'm now concerned about reports flying around about the increase to phone bills, and the no voters suffering because of there decision, reports claiming Scottish nationalists will chase out anyone who voted no, as well as supermarkets closing themselves over it, thus huge unemployment.

If claiming this kind of independence is a good thing even at the costs of people's livelihood, then no, more will be lost if it gets this bad. I'm genuinely fearful for my loved ones.

Green Bottle

Quote from: Munch on September 13, 2014, 11:38:21 AM
I'm now concerned about reports flying around about the increase to phone bills, and the no voters suffering because of there decision, reports claiming Scottish nationalists will chase out anyone who voted no, as well as supermarkets closing themselves over it, thus huge unemployment.

If claiming this kind of independence is a good thing even at the costs of people's livelihood, then no, more will be lost if it gets this bad. I'm genuinely fearful for my loved ones.
There have been plenty of  '' reports flying around  and most of them from the no camp have been scaremongering shite, u sounding like someone who believes all you are hearing on the news about how bad it will be , how worse off we will be, pessamistic , considering no one knows what will happen .
Dont listen to the lies mate an dont be  '' fearful for your loved ones, that just daft....

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on September 13, 2014, 11:34:18 AM
If Scotland is really that divided on the issue, then this can only end in tears.
Yes its a possibility, but i hope it doesnt happen that after this vote we end up a seriously divided country, but this is the most important vote in our history and emotions are running high
and Families are falling out over this ....

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Green Bottle on September 13, 2014, 11:58:19 AMYes its a possibility, but i hope it doesnt happen that after this vote we end up a seriously divided country, but this is the most important vote in our history and emotions are running high
and Families are falling out over this ....
Well you go ahead and fix your country with that hope. Me, if I know for a fact I'm headed for an unstable situation, I generally try to avoid it. I'm too pragmatic to allow myself to rely on hope.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Green Bottle

Thats just it, nobody knows whats gonna happen and nobody can say for certain that they know for definate this or that.
So until then ill continue to hope  that Yes win and that Scotland will be a better place because of it.

Munch

Trust me I am a very pessimistic person and know what Bullshit national and international news spins. And honestly if I didn't have family in Scotland like I do I'd be all for whatever makes you happy. I'm just focused on what matters to me the most, those who I care about and how it will effect them.

Green Bottle

So we both agree that the Media spin the bullshite an thats why im saying to you not to believe all this negative cr@p,
Do a bit of digging yourself then come back and tell me how worried/not worried u are, here's a cpla sites u might like to look at.

http://theproblemwithpoliticaljokes.com/scotland-dithers-a-guide-to-the-scottish-independence-referendum/

http://wingsoverscotland.com/

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/feb/19/scottish-independence-76-things-apologise

Munch

Well i've looked at a lot of sites and reports already, and there is obviously a lot of fear mongering abound, not just from British politicians but also from scottish as well with threat of what they will do to no voters, like Alex Salmond.
While I hope all I'm reading is a load of fear tactics, it does still give a possible risk scenario, something that may or may not happen.

stromboli

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vDil1l86cQ

Connery said a long time ago he wouldn't go back to Scotland until it is a free nation. So......

LET'S SEND SEAN CONNERY HOME!

Munch

Never really liked Connery, always seemed to be underhanded and egotistical

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Munch on September 13, 2014, 01:17:34 PM
Well i've looked at a lot of sites and reports already, and there is obviously a lot of fear mongering abound, not just from British politicians but also from scottish as well with threat of what they will do to no voters, like Alex Salmond.
While I hope all I'm reading is a load of fear tactics, it does still give a possible risk scenario, something that may or may not happen.

This is not in reference to Scotland particularly but to anywhere there is political instability. You'll get a flight of capital and a substantial decrease in investment. So money and jobs are going to be scared, at least until the political situation stabilizes. And I believe this would be true for Scotland in the event that it breaks away. But knowing this should be made clear to the population as this also tests the convictions of the population: are you willing to suffer economically to some extent in order to get some more independence? The key word is "more" as no one really knows how much "more" you'll gain, how much "more" you'll suffer.