News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Independence, or else .

Started by Green Bottle, September 08, 2014, 12:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Bottle

Well there's just 11 days until Scotland decides its own fate, and i must admit to being just a wee bit nervous about the outcome.
Anyway before i get into it here's a wee tune, i hope you all like it

http://youtu.be/dZrdo1PuUvQ

Ever since the SNP first announced there would be a referendum the no voters have been ahead in the polls, but recently the gap has narrowed significantly and the latest poll from a cpla days ago puts the Yes campaign  ahead 51% to the no s 49% so its looking like it could be a close one and go either way.

By Paul T Kavanagh
Ever since the independence referendum was announced, Scotland has witnessed a gradual deterioration in the standard of debate, with scaremongering in place of reason and myth masquerading as truth.

This has left many Scots bewildered, and sadly, hopelessly misinformed.

As an antidote to the very many claims put forward by those who would oppose Scotland and her people taking back all of the powers currently reserved to Westminster, Paul T Kavanagh has compiled a humorous but informative A to Z that debunks many of the wild assertions that have made their way into the 'Great Debate'.

The list is updated periodically and checked for accuracy.  We hope it both educates and entertains. 

Non-commercial use of this article is positively encouraged.  Feel free to copy, quote or share
http://www.newsnetscotland.com/index.php/scottish-opinion/4341-a-unionist-lexicon-an-a-z-of-unionist-scare-stories-myths-and-misinformation

The above article is just a small sample of the shite Bitter Together and the Union apologists have been coming out with to try to put off the voters from choosing freedom against continued English domination.

Ill be updating this thread over the next week or so and into next thursday when the big vote takes place, so id appreciate any comments any of you might have,  and ill try not to slip into the local slang or dialect if i can , cant promise tho.

Och Aye The Noo.

God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

stromboli

My hopes are with you. I have been following this in the news. Good luck on independence. As I've said before, Scotland has a unique identity and a unique culture. They deserve to be independent and should be.

GrinningYMIR

If they want to be independent they should be independent, though I'm concerned about the UK's Trident missiles they have up there, supposedly they're in the best possible location, and I heard that Scotland isn't too fond of nukes

Good luck Bottle, hope it goes your way
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Green Bottle

Quote from: stromboli on September 08, 2014, 12:36:50 PM
My hopes are with you. I have been following this in the news. Good luck on independence. As I've said before, Scotland has a unique identity and a unique culture. They deserve to be independent and should be.
Thx Stromboli i know Scotland has a wee place in ur heart... :pidu:

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on September 08, 2014, 12:40:16 PM
If they want to be independent they should be independent, though I'm concerned about the UK's Trident missiles they have up there, supposedly they're in the best possible location, and I heard that Scotland isn't too fond of nukes

Good luck Bottle, hope it goes your way
Cheers Grin, so do i but it looks like it could be very close, and most of us here are also concerned about havin nukes on our doorstep and want them removed but we'll have to see what happens.

SGOS

Is there an identified self interest group that is opposed to independence?  Take out the political bullshit arguments and what do you think the ulterior motive against independence really is?

josephpalazzo

Quote from: stromboli on September 08, 2014, 12:36:50 PM
My hopes are with you. I have been following this in the news. Good luck on independence. As I've said before, Scotland Texas has a unique identity and a unique culture. They deserve to be independent and should be.

FIFY

Shiranu

The vote will be on my birthday, so that's pretty cool.

As someone of Celtic heritage I have an emotional desire to see Scotland gain it's independence peacefully for the first time in it's history (first Celtic nation to earn it peacefully at all, yeah?). Economically I just fear that it will be hard to keep afloat... structuring awhole new country is not something very easily done.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Green Bottle

I think most people realise that it wont be easy but are willing to take a chance an see what happens, and that can only be a good thing imo.
Economically i think we will get by cos all the millions of revenue generated by the north sea will stay in scotland instead of passing us by on its way down to the westminster coffers, and dont forget the scottish whisky industry also is worth millions more , and then u got tourism, more millions .
And with the power to set our own tax rates and such there's nuthing to fear about going it alone.
As i said at the start of this thread all we have been getting from the bitter togethers are scare stories about how bad it will be for us, fuckin total bollox, the unionists are getting worried  because it seems that yes is gaining ground and have a bit of momentum now.

''The vote will be on my birthday, so that's pretty cool.''

Well Shiranu i hope you have a good next thurs but i hope i have a better one cos honestly if we get it i will be one of  the happiest Scotsman alive....

Shiranu

Quote from: Green Bottle on September 08, 2014, 06:54:08 PM
I think most people realise that it wont be easy but are willing to take a chance an see what happens, and that can only be a good thing imo.
Economically i think we will get by cos all the millions of revenue generated by the north sea will stay in scotland instead of passing us by on its way down to the westminster coffers, and dont forget the scottish whisky industry also is worth millions more , and then u got tourism, more millions .
And with the power to set our own tax rates and such there's nuthing to fear about going it alone.
As i said at the start of this thread all we have been getting from the bitter togethers are scare stories about how bad it will be for us, fuckin total bollox, the unionists are getting worried  because it seems that yes is gaining ground and have a bit of momentum now.

''The vote will be on my birthday, so that's pretty cool.''

Well Shiranu i hope you have a good next thurs but i hope i have a better one cos honestly if we get it i will be one of  the happiest Scotsman alive....

Wait, I thought the vote is on the 17th?

MERDE!

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Green Bottle

no mate,. the vote is next thursday the 18th...

Green Bottle

Munch

I'm kinda nervous about it, only because I dunno what it means for the future given I've close friends and family up in scotland who I want to move with one day, but if it goes independent dunno how that'll effect me looking to move there, or even go there for a holiday without ID
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

PickelledEggs

Congrats, bottle! Many of my favorite things are Scottish. Liquor... Billy Connoly... Karen Gillan....

Moralnihilist

Quote from: PickelledEggs on September 08, 2014, 09:45:02 PM
Congrats, bottle! Many of my favorite things are Scottish. Liquor... Billy Connoly... Karen Gillan....

Don't forget the wonder that is know as Wee Heavy.
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

stromboli

QuoteSome Scottish historians theorize that Charles Stuart didn't flee Scotland after the failed 1745 uprising; instead, he had a few too many Wee Heavies in the Outer Hebrides and then just sort of woke up in France. History may keep her secrets, but you can share the experience of a Wee Heavy. There's a little Jacobite Revolution in every bottle. These are the very strongest of all Scottish ales, with a garnet-brown hue, profound maltiness and high alcohol content.

:jook: :pidu: