News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

TV Series Thread

Started by PickelledEggs, August 26, 2014, 06:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 15, 2022, 01:26:48 PMEeeeeeh. I'm not sure how fair it is to compare a super hero show to its source material. I haven't read the comic for The Boys, but I am aware of how much the MCU deviates from the comics they're based on. Not to mention, even if the story were 100% the same, the change of medium from print to live action can change quite a lot. After seeing the original Harry Potter movie, I read through the books as soon as they came out. Seeing that giant snake in the movie "The Chamber of Secrets" was so much freakier to me than just reading about it in the book. It almost turned into a horror movie to me, it was so tense.

Agreed, which is why I don't want to watch all this graphic physical and sexual violence in live action on the big screen. The Boys is a big hit show, so many people clearly enjoy this content, but it's too brutal and sadistic my tastes.

Blackleaf

Understandable. I don't like overly gory things either. It's one of the things that kinda turned me off from Attack on Titan. However, I don't know. Sometimes I'm able to tolerate it for shows like The Walking Dead and The Boys. I don't know exactly what the difference is.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Sorginak

Season five of Elite.

Hydra009

Quote from: Sorginak on July 14, 2022, 10:25:38 PMWell, okay, here's a list:

Black Mirror
Dark
The Umbrella Academy
Legends of Tomorrow
Love, Death and Robots
The 100
Altered Carbon
3%
The Rain
Supergirl
Travelers
Sweet Tooth
Russian Doll

Ooh!  Love, Death, and Robots.  Forgot that one.

That is sooo up my alley, yet I haven't actually watched all that much of it.  But what I have seen I have really really enjoyed.  I honestly think I'm scared to finish it.  That I'm going to watch all of it and then be sad that there's no more.  Just pure binge overdose/withdrawal.

I have to approach it carefully, maybe mix it with some Cosmos or Webb images so I don't go cold turkey.

I can do this.  We can do this.  One day at a time.

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 15, 2022, 03:50:03 PMUnderstandable. I don't like overly gory things either. It's one of the things that kinda turned me off from Attack on Titan. However, I don't know. Sometimes I'm able to tolerate it for shows like The Walking Dead and The Boys. I don't know exactly what the difference is.
I watched Attack On Titan with my brother while eating pizza rolls.  He got weirded out and it took me a quite a while to figure out the conncection.

Sorginak

The Woods
QuoteIn Warsaw, a prosecutor's hopes rise after a body is found and linked to his sister's disappearance 25 years earlier.

Sorginak

The last Coben mystery on Netflix, unless they decide to make more, The Innocent
QuoteAn accidental killing leads a man down a dark hole of intrigue and murder. Just as he finds love and freedom, one phone call brings back the nightmare.

Sorginak

Decided to finally watch Heartstopper
QuoteTeens Charlie and Nick discover their unlikely friendship might be something more as they navigate school and young love in this coming-of-age series.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 15, 2022, 09:39:36 PMI watched Attack On Titan with my brother while eating pizza rolls.  He got weirded out and it took me a quite a while to figure out the conncection.

What's the connection?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 17, 2022, 03:40:43 AMWhat's the connection?
When you bite into a pizza roll, red stuff comes out...

Sorginak

Did a little gaming, now back to watching something.

New Heights
QuoteMichi is a successful consultant in Zurich. But a phone call changes everything. His father took his own life. Together with his mother and two siblings, Michi must now decide between his own career or saving the family farm.

Blackleaf

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 17, 2022, 03:40:43 AMWhat's the connection?

The Titans eat people like little snacks.
--Fulke Greville--

Sorginak

Time for First Kill
QuoteFalling in love is tricky for teens Juliette and Calliope: One's a vampire, the other's a vampire hunter and both are ready to make their first kill.

Sorginak

Second attempt at watching Rebelde
QuoteAs Elite Way School starts a new term, a familiar enemy a secret society called the Lodge threatens to crash the musical hopes of the first-years.

Uncertain why I didn't continue with it before.

Blackleaf

I binged The Book of Boba Fett today. I don't see why people didn't like it. I thought it was fine. Maybe it didn't live up to the high standards of The Mandalorian, but it wasn't an incoherent mess like Obi-Wan.

Was it the colorful biker gang who looked like they belonged in Cyberpunk? It was the biker gang, wasn't it?
--Fulke Greville--