News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

TV Series Thread

Started by PickelledEggs, August 26, 2014, 06:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorginak

Not particularly in the mood for gaming at the moment, so I'm watching season three of The Umbrella Academy.

Sorginak

Season four of Charmed

Sorginak

Time now for The Longest Night
QuoteCentres on a psychiatric prison where a group of armed men aim to capture an incarcerated serial killer, but are met with resistance from the prison director.

Sorginak

Season four of Legacies.

Sorginak

Legacies:
I suppose I should have seen her death coming. In a reasonable way, it's a better way to avoid what is referred to as the merge between the twins.

Okay......so not dead. Well, that was a twist.

Sorginak

That was the official final season of Legacies. Having known season five was canceled, they were able to end it properly.

Now, onto Hold Tight
QuoteWhen a young man goes missing soon after his friend dies, life in a tight-knit, affluent Warsaw suburb slowly unravels, exposing secrets and lies.

Sorginak

Continuing with Coben's works, Gone for Good
QuoteGuillaume thought he had drawn a line under the terrible tragedy which saw the two people he loved the most die. Ten years later, Judith, whose love has made his life worth living again, suddenly disappears during his mother's funeral.

Sorginak

A little burnt on crime, so I'm going to check out some horror with the Resident Evil tv series.
QuoteNearly three decades after the discovery of the T-virus, an outbreak reveals the Umbrella Corporation's dark secrets. Based on the horror franchise.

Hydra009

Jeez, there's a Resident Evil TV series now??  There's way too much out there now than I can handle.  Like a firehose pointed at a teacup.

The Orville (Strange New Worlds if I get bored)
Obi Wan
What We Do In The Shadows
Stranger Things
The Boys
Resident Evil

Am I missing anything popular in the scifi-action aisle with the goofball humor endcap?

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 09, 2022, 07:31:03 PMHow do none of the gods know where the tomb is? Aren't the ones who sealed her there?
Late reply with my apologies, but the gods used their mortal avatars to seal Ammit in an ushapti (aka urn) and instructed a mortal Egyptian named Senfu to bury Ammit's urn and to record the location should the gods decide one day to reverse her banishment.

Very convoluted and kind of a plot hole since basically anyone can stumble on Senfu's tomb and then find Ammit and release her.  Even if there was a mild earthquake, some construction nearby, or even just a cat with a habit of knocking urns off shelves, that'd be enough to undo the banishment.

Quote"I, Mark, who has NO REASON to lie, am telling you that this man has started a death cult! He told me that waiting for someone to do evil and then punishing them for it is acting too late, and that he wants to 'cut evil from the root.' He uses a glowing staff with alligator heads on it to judge people based on the actions they may take in the future, and he murders them with magic if they don't pass! He says he wants to release this goddess so that she could do the same on a global scale!"
They might not care very much about the Konshu-Ammit justice debate (kind of a meaningless distinction to a god, tbh) but they would VERY MUCH care about Ammit's magical artifact.  Definitely a bit of an oversight during the banishment.

They would almost certainly deprive Harrow of his staff and then drop him off halfway around the world or erase his memory or whatever they do to tie up loose ends.

Sorginak

The Orville (Strange New Worlds if I get bored) Watched a couple seasons, enjoyed it, but never stayed up-to-date with it.

Obi Wan Not interested.

What We Do In The Shadows Tried to like it, but didn't.

Stranger Things Very much enjoy this one.

The Boys Saw the first season, but it's overrated from my perspective.

Resident Evil Liking it so far.

There are lots others I've seen and enjoyed on Netflix, and maybe later I'll provide a list.

Sorginak

Well, okay, here's a list:

Black Mirror
Dark
The Umbrella Academy
Legends of Tomorrow
Love, Death and Robots
The 100
Altered Carbon
3%
The Rain
Supergirl
Travelers
Sweet Tooth
Russian Doll

Sorginak

With that done, now I'm checking out Queen
QuoteAfter a decades-long absence, a renowned Parisian tailor and drag queen returns to his hometown in Poland to make amends with his daughter.

GSOgymrat

I read the first volume of The Boys comic to see if I would like the show. I tend to read the book before seeing the screen adaptation. It's not for me.

I collected X-Men comics for 35 years but now I am currently burned out on the entire superhero genre.

Blackleaf

Quote from: GSOgymrat on July 15, 2022, 09:17:53 AMI read the first volume of The Boys comic to see if I would like the show. I tend to read the book before seeing the screen adaptation. It's not for me.

I collected X-Men comics for 35 years but now I am currently burned out on the entire superhero genre.

Eeeeeeh. I'm not sure how fair it is to compare a super hero show to its source material. I haven't read the comic for The Boys, but I am aware of how much the MCU deviates from the comics they're based on. Not to mention, even if the story were 100% the same, the change of medium from print to live action can change quite a lot. After seeing the original Harry Potter movie, I read through the books as soon as they came out. Seeing that giant snake in the movie "The Chamber of Secrets" was so much freakier to me than just reading about it in the book. It almost turned into a horror movie to me, it was so tense.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--