Hydra009

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Ultimately, it either gets cleaned up or that historic site just gets trashed.  I know which one I'd prefer.

Granted, it's not terribly diplomatic to clean up right in front of worshipers' faces, but it's a necessary job.  There's a certain irreverent comedy to be had in a lowly janitor breaking the spell and treating the scraps of paper as what they literally are compared to the worshipers treating them as communication to the divine.

Shiranu

Quote from: GSOgymrat on January 23, 2018, 11:31:53 PM
That's an angel collecting the prayers.

>Triggered Israeli Fundamentalists incoming to tell you how Africans are the spawn of Satan who need to be kicked out immediately...
>Remembers Israeli Fundamentalists don't actually visit this forum.

You're safe for now.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: Shiranu on January 23, 2018, 11:47:47 PM
>Triggered Israeli Fundamentalists incoming to tell you how Africans are the spawn of Satan who need to be kicked out immediately...
>Remembers Israeli Fundamentalists don't actually visit this forum.

You're safe for now.

Actually, that is part of a bigger problem, as to the nature of modern Israel.  We can't all be Germany or Sweden where we take all the illiterate poor in ... for exploitation ;-) ... yes, Germans and Vikings are so ... trustworthy.

Orthodox Jews reject most Jewish Israelis for religious reasons.  Israelis don't accept Palestinians who are born there ;-( .. why would you expect them to accept a bunch of non-Jewish refugees of any skin color?  They did accept most of the Falasha, and many other non-white Jews before that.  Move all the refugees to California.

So I can't let you crypto-anti-semites get away with this even though I don't support the modern Jewish state.  In fact, Israel accepts Chinese immigrants ... if they are Jewish (crypto-Jews from China).  It really has nothing to do with skin color ... don't project your (death to American South) fantasies on other countries.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 23, 2018, 09:24:26 PM
That's messed up.

Those are prayers, on paper ... placed there by worshippers, or on behalf of distant worshippers.  Ignorant savages ;-)  Now I have seen pictures of beer cans and other trash on the slopes of Mt Fuji ... because of Shinto perhaps?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 25, 2018, 06:05:50 PM

"Conveniently, everything I think is true is exactly what God has decided is true."
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 25, 2018, 06:19:23 PM
"Conveniently, everything I think is true is exactly what God has decided is true."
Yeah, as Anne Lamott said, "You can safely assume that you’ve created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do."
God Not Found

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.