News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 28, 2018, 12:48:32 PMHonestly, I was never good at geography. If you pointed to a random state in America, I couldn't even tell you what it was (unless you happened to pick Texas)
A few games of Risk or Rise of Nations will clear that right up.

QuoteBut this guy can't seem to get the idea that Africa is a continent, not a country.

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on January 28, 2018, 12:48:32 PM
Honestly, I was never good at geography. If you pointed to a random state in America, I couldn't even tell you what it was (unless you happened to pick Texas). But this guy can't seem to get the idea that Africa is a continent, not a country.

Knew all the states and capitals by the time I was six.

The answer is ... Hartford Connecticut ... so what is the question?

Technically, most Egyptians consider themselves Arabs, not Africans, because of prestige reasons.  Of course Egypt is in Africa, and many Egyptians have Nubian ancestry (Black) but most are Hamito-Semitic (Brown).  Like in most places, the lighter your skin, the higher caste you are (because it is assumed you live indoors, you don't work in the fields).  N Italians have this prejudice against S Italians for example.  The N Italians are more Franco-Germanic in ancestry ... the S Italians are more Italo-Arabic.  But of course, these biases are only bad, if White Americans hold them.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 28, 2018, 12:56:04 PM
Well, have you ever heard of a Swazilander-American? Central-African-Republic-American? ;)

Since Americans are almost entirely ignorant in general, and with geography in particular, they are lucky for formulate "African-American" as opposed to less complementary epithets.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 28, 2018, 01:00:59 PM
A few games of Risk or Rise of Nations will clear that right up.

I play Risk with a group, but it's typically set in a fantasy universe like Game of Thrones. So I know what Westeros and Essos are.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

Quote from: Baruch on January 28, 2018, 01:19:32 PM
Knew all the states and capitals by the time I was six.

I knew a lot of things when I was six. I memorized the books of the Bible in order too. But information that isn't put to use tends to go away. Meanwhile, I still remember the original Pokemon theme song. You teach me and I'll teach you.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Some people are hydrophobic, others are Putin-lap phobic ;-)  But really, most American politics is the result of untreated mental illness anyway.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

aitm

Could as easily come from a inquisition "fun-toy"
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on January 31, 2018, 04:42:47 PM

I'm glad I just heat up water in a mug in the M/W and then just drop a green tea bag in there. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Gawdzilla Sama

I'm thinking we could sell pre-heated hot water to the millennials. "Just pop it in the microwave for two minutes!"
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers