News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The FIFA Worldcup Brazill

Started by Jutter, June 13, 2014, 10:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jutter

It's world-championship football time. No, not american throw-egg. I'm talking about the football involving an actual ball, actually being played with -go figure- the feet actually. To you it might be something involving moms, or you'd wish the sport wasn't spoiled by the thoroughly corrupt FIFA, or you'd agree with me that Brazill needs food more than it does a football tournament, but the worldcup is here... and MAN did it get off on a spectacular start.

The current european champion, and reigning worldchampion, Spain got schooled by the dutch 1-5.
Nobody saw this coming from hollands currently underwhelming lineup. (the forwards are worldclass seasoned tournament veterans. Robben, Van Persie. But the rest is quite wet behind the ears.) Especially not playing a very defensive and thus un-dutch 5-4-3 system. Pessimism magicly transformed into euphoric confidence here in the lowlands,

and the pubs were orange and jolly.

dutch commentary. the magic starts one minute inHolland plays in blue.

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/netherlands-exact-revenge-defeats-defending-world-cup-champion-spain-061314
No religion for me thank you very much; I 'm full of shit enough as it is.

Being flabbergasted about existence never made anyone disappear in a poof of flabbergas, so nevermind why we're here. We ARE here.

Shiranu

I saw the second half... that was a beautiful game from the =Oranje, hate them as I may... expecially VP's Flying Dutchman header and Robben just absolutely embarrassing Iker and the defense.

Italy and Brasil are still my two favourites to win it (biased, heavily)... but the Dutch looked really great today. Espana is dead.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

josephpalazzo

I'm watching it. Though I must admit that I don't believe Italy will make it very far, so I'm not that enthused about this world cup. Saw Australia Vs Chile yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised that the the game was quite exciting actually. Today, I'll be glued to the TV watching Italy Vs England.

Forza Italia.

Green Bottle

Great start tae the world cup apart fae the referee in the 1st game who was obviously a homer'', wonder how much he was paid eh...anyhow Brazil were not as gd as the brazil of old, all the old flair just wasnt there an they were lucky in the end up, an gd tae see that wee divin fk naymar livin uptae his rep.. :fU:
Unlucky Croatia in that game.
An talkin about the officials, the linesman in the Mexico game needs his fkn eye's tested, 2 perfectly gd goals for mexico called offside, sack th bstrd''. an mexico only win 1 . 0 v Cameroon but it shda been 3.
Best game so far has been Spain v Netherlands , spain absolutely humped an humiliated by the dutch 5 . 1 bloody brilliant.
Chile v Australia was another gd game with the ozzies well an truly pumped 3 . 1
Enjoyin it so far an lookin forward tae the ''big game th nite, Cmon Italy.......... :pidu: :dance: :clap: :popcorn:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Mr.Obvious

Saw the Dutch-Spanish match last night half-and-half at a party.
The Dutch are like the Lannisters now, after losing the to Spain last time; they always pay their debts.

But still, if I'm going to support any team. It's Belgium.

And you should too:

They are a perfect symbol for us atheists XD

Go Red Devils!

link: http://static2.demorgen.be/static/photo/2012/17/13/1/20120828145945/media_xl_5115976.jpg
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on June 14, 2014, 10:52:10 AM
Saw the Dutch-Spanish match last night half-and-half at a party.
The Dutch are like the Lannisters now, after losing the to Spain last time; they always pay their debts.

But still, if I'm going to support any team. It's Belgium.

And you should too:

They are a perfect symbol for us atheists XD

Go Red Devils!

link: http://static2.demorgen.be/static/photo/2012/17/13/1/20120828145945/media_xl_5115976.jpg

Oh yeah, Italy has the pope on their side... oh wait, he's from Argentine... :wall:

Shiranu

Italia man... I love how my friends are like, "But... but... England deserves respect, they played good!".

No, no they didn't... Italy played good, beautiful at times with great teamwork, movement and ambition.

England played, "Let's spam the ball to a fast person and hope he can score" counter-attack. It works, okay whatever... but to say it was on the same level that Italy played today? Fuck that.

Also; that Pirlo freekick... if that had gone in, goal of the tournament, even over "The Flying Dutchman". But I am very biased...

Forza Italia :D!
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SilentFutility

Quote from: Shiranu on June 14, 2014, 08:00:05 PM
Italia man... I love how my friends are like, "But... but... England deserves respect, they played good!".

No, no they didn't... Italy played good, beautiful at times with great teamwork, movement and ambition.

England played, "Let's spam the ball to a fast person and hope he can score" counter-attack. It works, okay whatever... but to say it was on the same level that Italy played today? Fuck that.

Also; that Pirlo freekick... if that had gone in, goal of the tournament, even over "The Flying Dutchman". But I am very biased...

Forza Italia :D!

They played slightly better in the final third of the pitch but their defence was weak and exploitable and the game was about even in the midfield.
Sadly, you're right, England mostly used fast runners which although effective a lot of the time I feel as though good, linked together passes would have been very effective at creating big gaps as Italy's back four was often displaced by one person making a run wide and drawing half of their back line across the pitch.

Italy did play well coming forwards, certainly better than England did, but I would hardly say they played exceptionally and overall they won because of clever attacking passing but they certainly did not control the game, neither team did.

They will have to play a lot better than that to win the world cup, but then maybe they will. I think they could win the group for sure.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: SilentFutility on June 15, 2014, 05:25:45 AM
They played slightly better in the final third of the pitch but their defence was weak and exploitable and the game was about even in the midfield.
Sadly, you're right, England mostly used fast runners which although effective a lot of the time I feel as though good, linked together passes would have been very effective at creating big gaps as Italy's back four was often displaced by one person making a run wide and drawing half of their back line across the pitch.

Italy did play well coming forwards, certainly better than England did, but I would hardly say they played exceptionally and overall they won because of clever attacking passing but they certainly did not control the game, neither team did.

They will have to play a lot better than that to win the world cup, but then maybe they will. I think they could win the group for sure.

Agree with your assessment. I was delighted by Italy's performance as in the past they often do terrible in the first round - the one in 2010, they were so bad,they got eliminated. So this one goes against tradition. LOL. I was also delighted that they kept their strength on defence, the hallmark of every Italian teams in the past, and this time around, they showed some creativity in launching certain offenses. And kudos to England for its bold move in using young players - Sterling and Sturridge were a feast to watch. Rooney performed well, but I think there's too much expectation on him, though I believe he can deliver. Gerrard was too hard on himself in an interview after the match, his performance was no shame. I can't wait for Friday, Italy's next game.

Green Bottle

Been a great tournament so far i think wi gd victories for Germany, France, Belgium, an the Usa beatin Ghana 2 . 1 , Brazil drawing their 2nd game v Mexico but the mexicans pld well an deserved to win it. best result so far Italy 2 . England 1   :clap: :clap: just started  is Netherlands v Australia , shd be an easy win for the dutch if they keep up the form fae the 1st game ....an later its Spain v Chile, Spain need to play better in this 1 but Chile a gd team, an Cameroon v Croatia, think it'l be a win for the croats........ :pidu:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Jutter

As it turned out, NL-AUS wasn't an easy win, but a win nonetheless. 3-2
Kudos to the scocceroos; that first australian goal was a gem.
No religion for me thank you very much; I 'm full of shit enough as it is.

Being flabbergasted about existence never made anyone disappear in a poof of flabbergas, so nevermind why we're here. We ARE here.

Shiranu

Ochoa yesterday... I have always been a fan of his, even when he was with América (more of a Monterrey person [yes, I kinda keep track of the Mexican League...])... sure, he sometimes has a flair for the dramatics with his saves that he could easily save... but fuck, that's what makes him fun to watch. The fact that Corona had been being picked over him is a complete joke.

Brasil disappointed me at the front (get it together, Fred...), and being pretty much the only person who was rooting for Brasil (with packs of Mexicans around me cheering for Mexico)... it was pretty intense. Well deserved draw from Mexico, but Brasil really needs to sharpen up infront of goal if they want to win this tourny.

Also; Brazil needs a true striker... I know they are less common, but it's fucking Brasil man... you can surely produce ONE good striker.

AllPurposeAtheist

Yeah, just forget FIFA is possibly the most corrupt organization in the world or damned close. In fact just empty your bank account and give it to FIFA.  Fuck FIFA.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Shiranu

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on June 18, 2014, 03:27:58 PM
Yeah, just forget FIFA is possibly the most corrupt organization in the world or damned close. In fact just empty your bank account and give it to FIFA.  Fuck FIFA.

K.

SGOS

I caught a bit of the World Cup at Applebee's Restaurant.  I guess you'd call it a sports bar.  Apparently, European football is played with regular people, rather than genetically altered humans.