News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

So let me get this straight

Started by Johan, July 18, 2014, 10:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

Attention whores who have never met are getting married in order to get themselves on TV. http://nypost.com/2014/07/15/married-at-first-sight-couples-get-hitched/
But its the gays that need to be stopped because they're ruining the sanctity of marriage. Right. :rolleyes:

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

stromboli

Irrational behavior from media whores. Never seen that before.

Hydra009

QuoteHe’s a bit touchy which is nice â€" but like not really

Mermaid

QuoteBut she continued to be visibly jilted when having to take wedding photos
Ok. Does this writer not have an English language education? Does she not have an editor?! That isn't bad grammar or lack of punctuation or even a misspelling or typo. THAT IS COMPLETELY THE WRONG WORD. Argh.

The subject of this article as well as the writer's lack of skill in basic vocabulary (despite being, presumably, a professional writer) provide further evidence that the least common denominator is what rises to the top in our culture. Mike Judge's Idiocracy may have been an incredibly stupid movie, but the premise was eerily plausible.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

stromboli

Quote from: Mermaid on July 19, 2014, 09:50:47 AM
Ok. Does this writer not have an English language education? Does she not have an editor?! That isn't bad grammar or lack of punctuation or even a misspelling or typo. THAT IS COMPLETELY THE WRONG WORD. Argh.

The subject of this article as well as the writer's lack of skill in basic vocabulary (despite being, presumably, a professional writer) provide further evidence that the least common denominator is what rises to the top in our culture. Mike Judge's Idiocracy may have been an incredibly stupid movie, but the premise was eerily plausible.
:biggrin:

the_antithesis

That kind of shit is not new.

Remember Who Wants to Marry a Multimillionaire?

AllPurposeAtheist

Nothing new at all. People have gotten married for years over lots of financial reasons the least of which have been love.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

doorknob

marriage has never been about love until it was romanticized in modern times.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Johan on July 18, 2014, 10:15:25 PM
Attention whores who have never met are getting married in order to get themselves on TV. http://nypost.com/2014/07/15/married-at-first-sight-couples-get-hitched/
But its the gays that need to be stopped because they're ruining the sanctity of marriage. Right. :rolleyes:

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
It's gotta beat selling your 9 year old daughter off..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Mr.Obvious

QuoteLast week the new FYI reality show “Married at First Sight” matched six strangers into three scientifically perfect couples that would legally wed the moment they first meet.

:huh:
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR