If Christianity disappears so will civilization.

Started by Art Axmann, June 03, 2014, 09:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: Art Axmann on June 03, 2014, 09:38:00 PM

If Christianity were to vanish from off the face of the earth all that is of beauty and reason will also vanish. If Christianity is no more then all that is of compassion and sacred and ethical will also slip away

At some point culture and civilization will also disappear and slowly humanity would revert back to a  premordial existence of nothing  more than a form of bestial vegetation ;and in time life itself would disappear and once again the earth would mindlessly orbit the sun ,devoid of meaning,devoid  of purpose.
How much thought have you put into this?

Moralnihilist

The OP seems to have an inflated sense of intelligence, I wonder what his/her education level is? He jumps to the Aztecs to prove that christinsanity is somehow the backbone of morality. Yet he conveniently leaves out the Roman empire(pre christinsanity), the early period of Islam(750 CE â€" c. 1258 CE), and the Greek civilizations.

Lets start with the Romans shall we? The Roman empire was responsible for more education, tech advances, and quality of life increases than any other culture at that time. In areas where the Romans conquered the quality of life for the natives went through the roof. They had roads, plumbing, a functioning government where they had a say, and a stable monetary system introduced.

Now on to the early Islamic period. During this time science flourished. Knowledge was preserved by translating Indian, Asyriac, Iranian and Greek knowledge was translated into Arabic. Most of these works would have been lost to time if not for the Islamics of that time. The great thing was that they welcomed ALL regardless of religious affiliation.

Do I really need to go over what the Greeks brought to the table?

And now lets look at christinsanity. When the Western Roman fell and christinsanity took over the reigns(5th to the 10th centuries) the quality of life for those NOT in the ruling classes(read as favored by the church) went south fast. Infrastructure fell apart, the monetary system collapsed, disease ran rampant due to massive unsanitary conditions, science fell by the wayside, and people were regularly worked or starved to death.

And now lets look at the modern world where christinsanity has a toe hold in America. Education standards are falling, infrastructure is falling apart, the monetary system is collapsing, sciences and maths are falling by the wayside, and people are regularly working themselves to death.......

Gee this is sounding familiar isn't it?

=EDIT=
BOOM!! Knowledge
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

stromboli

Quote from: Moralnihilist on June 04, 2014, 09:10:10 AM
The OP seems to have an inflated sense of intelligence, I wonder what his/her education level is? He jumps to the Aztecs to prove that christinsanity is somehow the backbone of morality. Yet he conveniently leaves out the Roman empire(pre christinsanity), the early period of Islam(750 CE â€" c. 1258 CE), and the Greek civilizations.

Lets start with the Romans shall we? The Roman empire was responsible for more education, tech advances, and quality of life increases than any other culture at that time. In areas where the Romans conquered the quality of life for the natives went through the roof. They had roads, plumbing, a functioning government where they had a say, and a stable monetary system introduced.

Now on to the early Islamic period. During this time science flourished. Knowledge was preserved by translating Indian, Asyriac, Iranian and Greek knowledge was translated into Arabic. Most of these works would have been lost to time if not for the Islamics of that time. The great thing was that they welcomed ALL regardless of religious affiliation.

Do I really need to go over what the Greeks brought to the table?

And now lets look at christinsanity. When the Western Roman fell and christinsanity took over the reigns(5th to the 10th centuries) the quality of life for those NOT in the ruling classes(read as favored by the church) went south fast. Infrastructure fell apart, the monetary system collapsed, disease ran rampant due to massive unsanitary conditions, science fell by the wayside, and people were regularly worked or starved to death.

And now lets look at the modern world where christinsanity has a toe hold in America. Education standards are falling, infrastructure is falling apart, the monetary system is collapsing, sciences and maths are falling by the wayside, and people are regularly working themselves to death.......

Gee this is sounding familiar isn't it?

=EDIT=
BOOM!! Knowledge

Methinks you pour fine wine into a bottomless cup with this one.

PopeyesPappy

People can find fault with anything and they usually do. The idea that you can count on people to act  in their own best interests is not always the case. People are easily fooled.
But the tremendous attack going on by homos and atheists and secularists and non-Christians against Christian hegemony in America is poorly thought out.

If Christianity were to vanish from off the face of the earth all that is of beauty and reason will also vanish. If Christianity is no more then all that is of compassion and sacred and ethical will also slip away

At some point culture and civilization will also disappear and slowly humanity would revert back to a  premordial existence of nothing  more than a form of bestial vegetation ;and in time life itself would disappear and once again the earth would mindlessly orbit the sun ,devoid of meaning,devoid  of purpose.

Be careful what you pray for ;you just may get it!

Fuck you, you sorry piece of shit. I don't need your despicable dogma to tell right from wrong. Unlike you I don't need the threat of eternal damnation to force me to act a decent human being.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Mr.Obvious

As a student of sociology I know of no evidence that you could use to back up the OP-statement.

I'll leave at that for now, others have said all there is to say in better ways than I could in this thread.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

stromboli

The axeman axe
done took some whacks
was dull, unfortunately.
Hit and run poster? hard to say
maybe he'll come back this way
just have to wait and see.  :biggrin:

josephpalazzo

People can find fault with anything and they usually do. The idea that you can count on people to act  in their own best interests is not always the case. People are easily fooled.
But the tremendous attack going on by homos and atheists and secularists and non-Christians against Christian hegemony in America is poorly thought out.

Be careful what you pray for ;you just may get it!

In denying climate change, if the christian right gets its way  and successfully prevents governments from implementing what's needed to avoid the impending disaster, then yes, civilization will be destroyed.

Green Bottle

When asked the question,  '' What the fuck is this guy talkin about '  the correct response is EH..?     

God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

EldonG

Shol'va

Oh wow, so, like, a reverse Big Bang kinda deal.

QuoteBe careful what you pray for ;you just may get it!
Next time you have a thought, just let it go

Art Axmann

Quote from: SGOS on June 04, 2014, 08:15:13 AM
How much thought have you put into this?

I put a great deal of thought into this. What I'm sensing is a great deal of confusion between the morality and ethical component of my argument and the " other civilizations"  and their accomplishments that predate the Christian Faith.

What I'm asking others to do is  to compare the teachings of Christianity in their application to the furthering   of human existence with the teachings and practices of other faiths and beliefs.

If Christianity were to suddenly disappear ,then these other faith groups would be all that  mankind would have to ensure human progress on planet earth.
The big problem in the minds of the uninformed in America is that without morality ,without the sacred ,and without the ideology resulting from out of it , all mankind would revert  slowly back toward a bloodthirsty sadistic state of existence.
All one need do is to look at the current state of those devoid of Christian morality and multiply that by a factor of one thousand .
And that's what the world would be looking at. A return to a lifestyle of pure primitive savagery ..
Christianity is the only religion on planet earth that provides for the sacred ,the holy and all that is of beauty and light to  further mankind's progress . 

Edited to fix the quote tags. Pappy

Shol'va

QuoteAll one need do is to look at the current state of those devoid of Christian morality and multiply that by a factor of one thousand
You mean, like virtually every country that is not a theocracy, including the USA?

Shol'va

On second thought, I think you are so deep into the lake of ignorance that I can't reach down far enough to grab you from sinking further, and sure as shit am not going to jump in after you.
Swim to the surface on your own. You have the power. Do you have the will?

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Art Axmann on June 04, 2014, 07:39:49 PM
Christianity is the only religion on planet earth that provides for the sacred ,the holy and all that is of beauty and light to  further mankind's progress . 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6YfJZ9hxLQ
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

EldonG

What I'm asking is for you to compare the ignorance in that book to the knowledge we have today...if you don't agree that we've made advancements beyond compare because we understood how little actual knowledge there was...why are you on the internet?