If Christianity disappears so will civilization.

Started by Art Axmann, June 03, 2014, 09:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Axmann

Quote from: EldonG on June 04, 2014, 07:52:33 PM
What I'm asking is for you to compare the ignorance in that book to the knowledge we have today...if you don't agree that we've made advancements beyond compare because we understood how little avtual knowledge there was...why are you on the internet?

You win Pal ,I admit ,I confess, I can't figure out what the hell you're saying!!!! :blahblah:

Shol'va

Quote from: Art Axmann on June 03, 2014, 09:54:04 PM
And ,if that's really the case with you ,or  just to make  your point that there're   good others in the world ;I stated that this degeneration would be slow in coming. I should've emphasized slowly..
Actually I feel at ease, now that I saw that you clarified this.
I agree with you, and by my estimation, this decline of civilization will coincide with our sun going supernova.
Sit back, relax, it's all good.

Contemporary Protestant

But the Doctor went to the year 5 billion, how do you explain that (sarcasm)

stromboli

Further mankind's progress? Today in America the religious right are doing everything possible to hinder progress. Global warming? not happening. Women's rights? Stay in the kitchen. Art? Pictures of Blonde Jesus. The word progressive has become an insult from the religious right. They have done everything they can to hold back progress, not forward it. If Carter had won instead of Reagan, we would have had an initiative to get off of oil and develop alternate energy sources. Reagan kept us on it and increased our dependence.

Ever heard of the dark ages? that was after the enlightenment of first Greece and then Rome; the dark ages was when Catholicism held sway over Europe and Eastern Asia. Scientists like Galileo and Giordano Bruno were either threatened with execution or executed. The Catholic friars destroyed the works of Aristotle and other Greek intellects. Science advanced in spite of, not because of religion.

You are the most clueless dimwit we have ever has on this forum. 

Shol'va

Quote from: Contemporary Protestant on June 04, 2014, 08:03:52 PM
But the Doctor went to the year 5 billion, how do you explain that (sarcasm)
That's fine, because the supernova phase is farther into the future than that
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_of_the_Earth

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: stromboli on June 04, 2014, 08:05:37 PM
You are the most clueless dimwit we have ever has on this forum. 

I wouldn't go that far but probably in the top 10.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

stromboli

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on June 04, 2014, 08:07:40 PM
I wouldn't go that far but probably in the top 10.

Got emotional for a moment. Sorry.

Moralnihilist

Im still waiting on the brain trusts response to my destruction of his "argument".
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

stromboli

Quote from: Moralnihilist on June 04, 2014, 08:19:50 PM
Im still waiting on the brain trusts response to my destruction of his "argument".

He hasn't responded to anything of mine, so don't expect much.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: stromboli on June 04, 2014, 08:10:34 PM
Got emotional for a moment. Sorry.

Do you remember the guy that claimed god talked directly to him?
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

EldonG

Lol...his response to mine was...duh...huh?

My basic point was that civilization advances DESPITE Christianity...and if he thinks the Dark Ages were the best civilization has to offer...why computer?

Shol'va

I think these posts are funny, coming from folks that maintain atheists have no objective morality.
So by what standard are you presenting the argument that the end of society is bad to someone that inherently isn't supposed to have a standard and therefore incapable to objectively determine something to be bad?
"Hey, I know you can't think for yourself, but I want you to think about this"

Logical fail

aitm

My apologies...I axed the axe man....sorry bout that.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hakurei Reimu

I was struck by my own psychohistorical thought reading this:

If Axeman disappears, will this thread follow?
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

stromboli

If he represents the intellectual elite among xtians, we got nothing to fear. Axeman probably gets lost in his own closet.