Sins of Child Sexual Abuse and the Gays

Started by Dreamer, February 27, 2023, 11:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamer

Quote from: SGOS on March 29, 2023, 10:47:54 AMJesus is just the son of God. He is just a fictional secondary distraction for those of us who are still looking for evidence of the creator of all things.  I don't know what all the fuss is about Jesus.  Go directly to the source, if it exists at all, and then write a real Bible using the actual facts.

What would going directly to the source entail?

I smile thinking about how many people reject a plethora of solid, scientific facts, and then juxtaposing that with the extremely messy spiritual metaphysical world of 'facts' ...

I'd wager such a bible would have about the same or worse of a reception as the Bible.

(This may need editing. My nighttime meds are kicking in, and I often become more loquacious but less err cohesive/coherent.)
<br /><br />Individually, we are one drop.  Together, we are an ocean.<br /><br />

Blackleaf

Quote from: Dreamer on March 29, 2023, 09:22:16 PMWhat makes you think Jesus was confused?

As far as Jesus asking the man why he called Jesus good, this calls the man to consider what is good, who Jesus is, and what the man should do with his answers. That is, while I cannot and do not outright dismiss your interpretation, that is far from the only possibility. It seems more in line with Jesus' tendency to use questions when teaching.

Jesus' words on the cross in Mark were, "Father, why have you forsaken me?" He sounds pretty out of the loop to me.

Yeah, that's the typical apologetic explanation, but there's nothing in the text to suggest Jesus was being tongue-in-cheek about his response. This interpretation is based on the assumption that the Bible is meant to be read as a single unit. In reality, the anonymous authors of Matthew and John had the gospel of Mark in front of them and decided to "correct it" by inserting their own biases into the text. They added Jesus' miraculous origin story, his resurrection, many additional miracles, and changed a variety of details to serve the political agendas of their time. They made their Super Jesus into almost an entirely different character.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

Funny fact is that the gospel of Mark, without the last 12 verses that were added later, would have 666 verses. 😆
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Dreamer

Quote from: Blackleaf on March 30, 2023, 03:03:14 AMJesus' words on the cross in Mark were, "Father, why have you forsaken me?" He sounds pretty out of the loop to me.

Yeah, that's the typical apologetic explanation, but there's nothing in the text to suggest Jesus was being tongue-in-cheek about his response. This interpretation is based on the assumption that the Bible is meant to be read as a single unit. In reality, the anonymous authors of Matthew and John had the gospel of Mark in front of them and decided to "correct it" by inserting their own biases into the text. They added Jesus' miraculous origin story, his resurrection, many additional miracles, and changed a variety of details to serve the political agendas of their time. They made their Super Jesus into almost an entirely different character.

For sure, we have always fought against powers and principalities. People are capable, and intended for, great things through love. It's the disconnection between that need instilled within us, and the realities and fears of the world that leads to much of our suffering.

Christianity was for the people. It heralded a paradigm shift, revolution, anti-racism, anti-establishment. That's a real problem for people in power who seek injustice, repression, violence.

But Jesus' call to follow him and preach the Good News to all the land was not easy to quelch. So, rulers did what they could to use the Bible to prop themselves up. It's a regular part of the human tapestry, leaders who abuse their positions at the detriment of, well, everyone. It's dangerous to place your hatred and biases as stemming from God, as if you can whitewash shit and call it a miracle. Of course the Bible is not immune; it's particularly useful to leaders because of the nature of spiritual beliefs to permeate everything we do.

The various books of the Gospels were taken from accounts handed down, several times over. The apostles also had very different vantage points at this crowded public execution. But his last words were recorded in two places (maybe more?)....

"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" has always been peculiarly comforting to me. Here's Jesus, literally the full and complete embodiment of the Light, and he's praying a prayer of complaint!

Many in the crowd were Jewish, or versed in Judaism, and they would have recognized Jesus' words as the same as David's in Psalm 22, "My God, my God why have you forsaken me?"

It's comforting to me because... Jesus was without sin, blameless, and yet he cried out in complaint, in supplication, just the same.

And, that was the last that Jesus spoke before dying. God did grant Jesus peace, and proved that death had no sting, when Jesus rose 3 days later.

I like the showings of Jesus' humanity. I like the permission to be broken, that it doesn't mean we're separated or wrong.
<br /><br />Individually, we are one drop.  Together, we are an ocean.<br /><br />

Dreamer

Quote from: aitm on March 29, 2023, 07:02:35 AMFunny how xians, many of them blame Jews for killing jebus, oddly unaware that without that action the whole of their religion would not exist.
Jebus wasn't sacrificed, ffs he got upgraded from a smelly liberal desert wanderer to a god. Seems like a pretty good deal.

Anti-Semitism is senseless to begin with, but it's downright perplexing when Christians do it.... Ya know, Jesus was a Jew....

The sacrifice was enduring the suffering, humiliation, and pain. Death itself, a blameless man preaching peace murdered by many. Pilate can ceremoniously wash his hands all he wants; they're still covered in blood.

SGOS

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 30, 2023, 03:34:28 AMFunny fact is that the gospel of Mark, without the last 12 verses that were added later, would have 666 verses. 😆
It must be the "Mark" of the Devil.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Dreamer on April 02, 2023, 04:14:39 AMAnti-Semitism is senseless to begin with, but it's downright perplexing when Christians do it.... Ya know, Jesus was a Jew....

The sacrifice was enduring the suffering, humiliation, and pain. Death itself, a blameless man preaching peace murdered by many. Pilate can ceremoniously wash his hands all he wants; they're still covered in blood.
This is so backwards and wrong.  God is perfect, right?? So how did so much evil enter into this world except for the planning and crafting of it for this world by the perfect creator??  So who should be punished for the botching of his creation?  Him, of course.  But who does get the blame--yeah, you get it, the victims.  I guess God's Ark was an earlier botched  attempt to 'fix' his mistake; and that did not work either.  So, why not invent human sacrifice?  He gave it a shot.  Did that work?  Not really, for 'sin' did not exit this world.  God made certain people 'actors' in his little play--they had no choice.  So, why does anybody have blood on their hands except for god???  They don't, but he does! 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

Quote from: Dreamer on April 02, 2023, 04:14:39 AMThe sacrifice was enduring the suffering, humiliation, and pain. Death itself, a blameless man preaching peace murdered by many. Pilate can ceremoniously wash his hands all he wants; they're still covered in blood.
Pish posh. The Jews did what the Old Testament demanded they do. Kill the false prophet.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 02, 2023, 09:20:42 AMThis is so backwards and wrong.  God is perfect, right?? So how did so much evil enter into this world except for the planning and crafting of it for this world by the perfect creator??  So who should be punished for the botching of his creation?  Him, of course.  But who does get the blame--yeah, you get it, the victims.  I guess God's Ark was an earlier botched  attempt to 'fix' his mistake; and that did not work either.  So, why not invent human sacrifice?  He gave it a shot.  Did that work?  Not really, for 'sin' did not exit this world.  God made certain people 'actors' in his little play--they had no choice.  So, why does anybody have blood on their hands except for god???  They don't, but he does! 
In the KJV, in Isaiah 45:7, God says that it is he that creates evil. Other versions use different words, such as "calamity" in order to soften the blow.
  That's the only reason those newer versions were written, so people wouldn't realize what a monster the Christian God really is.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Dreamer

Quote from: Mike Cl on April 02, 2023, 09:20:42 AMGod made certain people 'actors' in his little play--they had no choice. 

What do you base this on?

Dreamer

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 02, 2023, 11:28:58 AMThat's the only reason those newer versions were written, so people wouldn't realize what a monster the Christian God really is.

In your view, KJV is more superior (reliable)? Why is that? KJV added and deleted, and that's not even talking about the Councils of Nicea..

Dreamer

Quote from: aitm on April 02, 2023, 10:49:09 AMPish posh. The Jews did what the Old Testament demanded they do. Kill the false prophet.

Pish posh. They only did to Oliver what social norms demanded they do. Beat him for asking for more of some disgusting food.

Dreamer

Quote from: Blackleaf on March 30, 2023, 03:03:14 AMJesus' words on the cross in Mark were, "Father, why have you forsaken me?" He sounds pretty out of the loop to me.

For sure, we have always fought against powers and principalities. People are capable, and intended for, great things through love. It's the disconnection between that need instilled within us, and the realities and fears of the world that leads to much of our suffering.

Christianity was for the people. It heralded a paradigm shift, revolution, anti-racism, anti-establishment. That's a real problem for people in power who seek injustice, repression, violence.

But Jesus' call to follow him and preach the Good News to all the land was not easy to quelch. So, rulers did what they could to use the Bible to prop themselves up. It's a regular part of the human tapestry, leaders who abuse their positions at the detriment of, well, everyone. It's dangerous to place your hatred and biases as stemming from God, as if you can whitewash shit and call it a miracle. Of course the Bible is not immune; it's particularly useful to leaders because of the nature of spiritual beliefs to permeate everything we do.

The various books of the Gospels were taken from accounts handed down, several times over. The apostles also had very different vantage points at this crowded public execution. But his last words were recorded in two places (maybe more?)....

"My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" has always been peculiarly comforting to me. Here's Jesus, literally the full and complete embodiment of the Light, and he's praying a prayer of complaint!

Many in the crowd were Jewish, or versed in Judaism, and they would have recognized Jesus' words as the same as David's in Psalm 22, "My God, my God why have you forsaken me?"

It's comforting to me because... Jesus was without sin, blameless, and yet he cried out in complaint, in supplication, just the same.

And, that was the last that Jesus spoke before dying. God did grant Jesus peace, and proved that death had no sting, when Jesus rose 3 days later.

I like the showings of Jesus' humanity. I like the permission to be broken, that it doesn't mean we're separated or wrong.

Dreamer

Quote from: SGOS on April 02, 2023, 06:41:44 AMIt must be the "Mark" of the Devil.

Our local phone company has quite the sense of humor..

We have a First Assembly of God Church in my town.

When the church would call out, the caller id said 1st Ass Church.

Pastor called and complained. The company said they changed it. When he called out, it now said FAG Church (and this dude was pretty homophobic, yeesh!).

Pastor called back to request to be the 1st Ass Church again. And, they remain that name to this day lol

My Meeting? The company gave us a phone number ending in 666...

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?