Sins of Child Sexual Abuse and the Gays

Started by Dreamer, February 27, 2023, 11:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

More pathetic excuses. God said it. Period....no pun intended.LOL
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Cassia

Quote from: Dreamer on April 12, 2023, 10:32:52 AMHow apt to note the deep Roman Catholic roots of Tolkien so evident in Middle Earth.

The Lord of the Rings was a fundamentally religious and Catholic work; unconsciously so at first, but consciously in the revision.
Right. Sure, everything good is really Christian. We all know that. And your god wasn't just one in a clan of gods and your religion wasn't a redo of an old Persian religion. And Jesus isn't 2,000 years late. Oh no, you have the new and true religion, Dreamer, LOL.

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

aitm

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 12, 2023, 05:00:21 PMOne God to rule them all? 🤑
The fact that "god" admits there are other gods are dismissed by the deluded. Even though all the "other" gods provide the exact same statistical averages of survival, wealth and longevity is glossed over by the deluded. They refuse to see that one god is simply no better than the other gods and surprising enough no god offers the exact same probabilities.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Dreamer

If ONLY I was sourcing the author!

What?

That was a direct quote?

Go ahead and argue against Tolkien about his own writings!
<br /><br />Individually, we are one drop.  Together, we are an ocean.<br /><br />

Dreamer

Quote from: aitm on April 12, 2023, 01:21:43 PMMore pathetic excuses. God said it. Period....no pun intended.LOL

lol Oh, okay. I didn't realize that you were privvy to a litmus test that signals true divine words.

You should be able to clear up a lot of shit now.
<br /><br />Individually, we are one drop.  Together, we are an ocean.<br /><br />

Dreamer

Quote from: Cassia on April 12, 2023, 01:53:34 PMRight. Sure, everything good is really Christian.

Sorry if your choice was ironic, and I utilized that. Your arguments are with Tolkien, not me. I was just directly quoting his own words about his own universe, but you know, I'm sure someone must know better..

🫠

Dreamer

hu·bris
noun
excessive pride or self-confidence

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Cassia on April 12, 2023, 07:27:55 AMI know elves and wizards as much more than words. I can speak of my direct experience as much as to the Trilogy. Gandal reveals mysteries even today, and it has always been just as easy to claim to be His speaker as it is now, leaving it up to us to separate the wheat from the chaff. As Gandalf says "I have found that it is the small everyday deed of ordinary folks that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."

Currently reading the silmarillion for the first time, btw.
Not that fat in yet, but it is an easier read, so far, than I feared.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Dreamer on April 12, 2023, 10:17:31 PMhu·bris
noun
excessive pride or self-confidence
That word fits you to a T!.  And you base much of your 'beliefs' (you are incapable of critical thought) on fictional writings and characters.  Willful ignorance is you. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Blackleaf

Quote from: Dreamer on April 12, 2023, 12:45:44 AMI have found humans to be bloodthirsty. And highly irrational.

I know God as much more than words. I can speak of my direct experience as much as to the Bible. God reveals mysteries even today, and it has always been just as easy to claim to be God's speaker as it is now, leaving it up to us to separate the wheat from the chaff.

However, is this underlying implication that I must be interpreting Scripture wrong, wrought from a stance of knowledge (I know exactly what is literal and what is figurative), in an attempt to demonstrate a futility (it is unknowable what is literal or figurative and therefore pointless at best and lying at worst), or some other supposition?

I'm saying that you use very self-serving logic when it comes to the Bible. This passage makes God look bad? Throw it in the allegory pile. This one sounds nice? Throw it in the literal pile.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Dreamer

Quote from: Blackleaf on April 13, 2023, 11:08:29 AMI'm saying that you use very self-serving logic when it comes to the Bible. This passage makes God look bad? Throw it in the allegory pile. This one sounds nice? Throw it in the literal pile.

Hmm, what have I done this with?

Please show me one example of me deeming something literal and then me declaring something else as allegory. Even just one.

I'll wait.