News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Will Putin Invade Ukraine?

Started by Cassia, January 20, 2022, 01:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cassia on February 26, 2022, 09:48:21 AM
My sweetheart still thinks the US and NATO missed an opportunity when a younger Putin was asking about joining NATO. We decided to punish and largely ignore Russia instead. Ukraine is the slow-motion trainwreck of a result. And yeah, depending how it plays out there are other nearby pebbles in Putin's boots.

(Lol, I like it when you do this.) Yeah, similar talk goes down with friends and all. Some blames the US, some says it was a matter of time, some claims bad policies kind of made Putin right by 'cornering' him, and there are tons of despicable shitbags in social media I don't want to even talk about. I wish we could send them to Putin.

Anyway, somebody said something like that Russia wanted to be 'invited' into Nato with a special place (considering its military power?) rather than joining as a regular member, but then they thought otherwise because obviously it wouldn't happen. So it was supposed to be just a policy for a while. I don't know and I don't care either.

Russia wouldn't be in a powerful place like this if it was really cornered. Honestly, this traditional comeback to every event in the world with "America's doing!" has gone stale baack when I was in my early 20s. Yeah, Uncle Sam is the biggest genocidal psychopath, but so all the fucking countries in the region. They just cannot afford to do it in that scale and that successful. Everything's America's doing.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cassia

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 26, 2022, 11:11:14 AM
(Lol, I like it when you do this.) Yeah, similar talk goes down with friends and all. Some blames the US, some says it was a matter of time, some claims bad policies kind of made Putin right by 'cornering' him, and there are tons of despicable shitbags in social media I don't want to even talk about. I wish we could send them to Putin.

Anyway, somebody said something like that Russia wanted to be 'invited' into Nato with a special place (considering its military power?) rather than joining as a regular member, but then they thought otherwise because obviously it wouldn't happen. So it was supposed to be just a policy for a while. I don't know and I don't care either.

Russia wouldn't be in a powerful place like this if it was really cornered. Honestly, this traditional comeback to every event in the world with "America's doing!" has gone stale baack when I was in my early 20s. Yeah, Uncle Sam is the biggest genocidal psychopath, but so all the fucking countries in the region. They just cannot afford to do it in that scale and that successful. Everything's America's doing.
I agree with him that dealing with the US cannot be easy. We go from Bush to Obama to Trump. That is like three different countries right there. And also, we get tired of our "commitments" to freedom and just leave. We are split right down the middle on ideology and have insurrection and 2nd rate social services. I hate to say it, but this century feels like a big slide down for the US so far, unless we get some smart effective leadership soon..

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cassia on February 26, 2022, 11:46:04 AM
I agree with him that dealing with the US cannot be easy. We go from Bush to Obama to Trump. That is like three different countries right there. And also, we get tired of our "commitments" to freedom and just leave. We are split right down the middle on ideology and have insurrection and 2nd rate social services. I hate to say it, but this century feels like a big slide down for the US so far, unless we get some smart effective leadership soon..

Yeah, I get it. More than I can express. I hope it will turn around at some point. You have the resources.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Guys, you don't mind me. I'm exhausted, can't sleep. The people, the media here is so disgusting, I swear I wish the bastard would throw a few around here at certain targets. And I'm sick of being blamed of supporting the American Empire. Yes because the morons think their country is something else. You know, something nonemperial ffs.

drunkenshoe

What if he really gets a painfully embarrassing failure, and attempts on mass killing?

PickelledEggs

idk if it's too late to answer this, but yes... putin will invade ukraine.

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

drunkenshoe

Russia bans words ‘invasion’ and ‘assault’ in media, warns several outlets

https://theworldnews.net/il-news/russia-bans-words-invasion-and-assault-in-media-warns-several-outlets

Shiranu

Quote from: drunkenshoe on February 26, 2022, 02:13:07 AM
Can you bottle that optimism and send it to me? Until he really fails on the ground, don't you think trying to interpret the daily demeanor of a genocidal psychopath is a bit wishful thinking?

If I could, I would.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

In some more positive news, the Ukrainians apparently ambushed the Chechnyan butchers, killing one of their top generals. Don't know if Kadyrov himself is leading his little warband, but god would that make my day to hear he is nothing more now than a steaming pile of guts and goo.

https://twitter.com/WarNewsPL1/status/1497655637471207425?cxt=HHwWgoCptcH33sgpAAAA

(For those that don't know Kadyrov's... exploits... scroll down to the "Accusations of Human Rights Abuses" and following tabs to get an idea of why I will celebrate when that demon dies.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramzan_Kadyrov#Boston_Marathon_bombing
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

drunkenshoe

If he was dead, we would hear about it by now as a separate piece I think. I haven't seen anything around here. Fingers crossed.

E: There was something about him wearing Prada today though. So he was there. Aha.

E: Nope, not him.

Shiranu

The new SWIFT sanctions, in theory, seem good (if still not enough): A large, large percentage of the Russian Central Bank's holdings are kept overseas, and they've just been locked out; if Japan does the same (as it seems they will) then a large majority of Russia's economy just got completely frozen.

Unfortunately this hurts your average Russian far more than it does Putin I think, but in the long-term... they know who's fault this, and I don't think the oligarchs or working class will forget.

At this rate even if Putin captures Ukraine... he might have cost the Russian Federation in return, which would be poetic that the ex-Soviet spy brought down Russia the same way the Soviet Union fell.

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on February 26, 2022, 05:08:38 PM(For those that don't know Kadyrov's... exploits... scroll down to the "Accusations of Human Rights Abuses" and following tabs to get an idea of why I will celebrate when that demon dies.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramzan_Kadyrov#Boston_Marathon_bombing
Yep!  I was just reading about that neckbearded POS last night.  Chechnya sounds like Alabama if it had been taken over by the Taliban and then relocated to Russia.  Dreadful place.

Hydra009

Hooboy, has it been a busy day today!  I've seen a LOT of combat footage and seen St Javelin hard at work.  Russian planes getting shot down, Russian tanks shattered into burnt pieces, Russian vehicles getting Molotoved, Russian troops captured (those Ukrainian outfits are fooling no one), etc.

Hell, even Russians are killing Russians.  A Russian warship blew up a Russian warplane.  Dasvidaniya musor.

And the cherry on top is that reportedly, 5000 Russian troops have refused to serve in this conflict.

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 26, 2022, 08:54:05 PM
Yep!  I was just reading about that neckbearded POS last night.  Chechnya sounds like Alabama if it had been taken over by the Taliban and then relocated to Russia.  Dreadful place.

Mmm, add a little Mongolian-Tatar political heritage in there for more spice; as far as I can tell, the politics of the Chechnyan society has barely changed the last 700 years or so from the tribal Warlord system the Golden Horde brought with them.