News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Trump Versus Biden

Started by Jason Harvestdancer, July 03, 2020, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Cassia on December 09, 2020, 08:21:32 PM
Screw that. Anybody in my life's circle who took Trump as an opportunity to reveal their racist, homophobic proclivities is history.

I am an angel.  My friends are angels.  My opponents are enemies.  Enemies are devils.  Per Revelation, this is the Earthly or even Cosmic apocalypse, where the good guys justifiably exterminate (see Daleks) the bad guys permanently, ushering in the millennium (see Third Reich)??

When is genocide a good idea?? "Racist etc" is the new "Jew".

Reality is worse than "trumpery" ... "Vanity of vanities; all is vanity"
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on December 09, 2020, 06:50:39 PM
Now, after 4 years of saying Trump supporters are deplorable racist white supremacists, Democrats are saying it is time for reconciliation.

Biden is saying it's time for reconciliation. Because it's to his advantage that he try to build rapport with people on all sides, or else he wouldn't be able to get anywhere. It's also kind of his responsibility to bring people together as one rather than constantly try to divide us by party line...? I still say Trump's bigoted, antivaxx, religious nutjob, shamelessly hypocritical morons can fuck themselves. Don't confuse one person's rhetoric with the entire party changing their tune. And Heaven forbid we have a President who doesn't constantly demonize everyone else, right? Maybe if Biden claimed to be the most persecuted President in history and declared all Conservative media to be a threat to our national security you'd feel more comfortable?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on December 09, 2020, 07:16:18 PM
Don't give them ideas.

Right, because Democrats are the violent bigots here. Fuck off, you moron. And stop pretending to be in the middle. You couldn't spot Conservative bullshit if it Tweeted at you every day, for four years straight.
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on December 10, 2020, 02:21:06 AM
Biden is saying it's time for reconciliation. Because it's to his advantage that he try to build rapport with people on all sides, or else he wouldn't be able to get anywhere. It's also kind of his responsibility to bring people together as one rather than constantly try to divide us by party line...? I still say Trump's bigoted, antivaxx, religious nutjob, shamelessly hypocritical morons can fuck themselves. Don't confuse one person's rhetoric with the entire party changing their tune. And Heaven forbid we have a President who doesn't constantly demonize everyone else, right? Maybe if Biden claimed to be the most persecuted President in history and declared all Conservative media to be a threat to our national security you'd feel more comfortable?

Do I love Big Brother?  Hardly, I have hated Big Brother all my life.  Strap a caged rat to my face, will you?

China is a threat to national security.  China owns Biden.  Surrender to China, so you can get a discount at Walmart.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on December 10, 2020, 02:30:10 AM
Right, because Democrats are the violent bigots here. Fuck off, you moron. And stop pretending to be in the middle. You couldn't spot Conservative bullshit if it Tweeted at you every day, for four years straight.

Atheists are G-d's chosen people?  Well only if you are a secular NYC Jew ;-)

Democrats in 2020 are no longer Americans, maybe not even humans ;-)
===

"Antitrust lawsuit filed against Facebook by 48 US states 'may have legs'" ... take Zuckerberg apart, see if he is an android

"Things are now in motion that cannot be undone." - Gandalf the White, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King ... lots of dead bodies, but the Orcs lose
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Cassia on December 09, 2020, 08:21:32 PM
Screw that. Anybody in my life's circle who took Trump as an opportunity to reveal their racist, homophobic proclivities is history.
That's the spirit.  Say that anyone who supported Trump is a racist and a homophobe.  That's guaranteed to advance reconciliation.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Baruch

TWENTY States File AGAINST Texas  ... civil war has started!!  War is never good.  Democrats reject all Republicans and vice versa ... this is why I have been an Indy for 25 years.  Millions must die to keep the Bush, Trump, Clinton and Biden families out of jail.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Texas already talking secession!  I will support if Texas claims all the former territory of the US is now Republic of Texas ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on December 09, 2020, 09:00:35 PM
I'm still worried about mob violence.

Join BLM, AntiFa, Mafia or Democrats .. but I repeat myself ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on December 10, 2020, 11:13:13 PM
That's the spirit.  Say that anyone who supported Trump is a racist and a homophobe.  That's guaranteed to advance reconciliation.

1. Again, we're not a hive mind. Not all of us are interested in reconciliation. Especially if it's with shitty people.

2. Nowhere in her post did she say that everyone who supported Trump is a racist and a homophobe. That's a strawman.
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Blackleaf on December 11, 2020, 01:18:55 AM
1. Again, we're not a hive mind. Not all of us are interested in reconciliation. Especially if it's with shitty people.

2. Nowhere in her post did she say that everyone who supported Trump is a racist and a homophobe. That's a strawman.

I agree on your first point.  I have never liked D or R people.  Nothing to reconcile about.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

I think reconciliation would be very challenging at this point. We have two groups of significant size and influence in the US (among other groups) that don't share the same values and have completely different visions for the America they want to live in. Each side perceives the other not as having different ideas and opinions but as morally bankrupt. Americans no longer trust each other: In 2018, only 37.3 percent of white Americans and 15.3 percent of black Americans felt that most people can be trusted, according to the General Social Survey. Our political system is incentivizing our leaders to be antagonistic rather than cooperative. Social media is designed to generate outrage for profit, amplifying the extremes, and creating a distorted view of the world and our relationship to those around us. Trust in institutions that might be able to address this polarization is severely lacking for justifiable reasons. Even a crisis like the pandemic, which would normally bring Americans together, became another point of division: Seventy-two percent of Danes said they felt more united after the COVID-19 outbreak but only 18 percent of Americans felt the same.

Jason Harvestdancer

It’s been estimated that 93% of all Fox watchers are Republicans and 95% of MSNBC watchers are Democrats. Since neither side watches the other’s news programs, each side is cognizant of only its own team’s heavily slanted rhetoric.

The conservative media is awash with details of voter fraud by Democrats, whilst the liberal media states with equal conviction that Mister Trump and his lawyers have provided no details whatever.

Therefore, those who voted Republican will conclude by watching their own “unbiased” news channel that Democrats have tried to steal the election and thereby steal control of the country.

And those who voted Democrat will conclude by watching their own “unbiased” news channel that Republicans have tried to steal the election and thereby steal control of the country.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Baruch

Danes (not counting fake refugees) are all of the same race, like Japan they stick together.  Per Hitler, US is a nation of half-Black mongrels ;-)

Both sides are right, R & D are both morally bankrupt.  This is what godless consumerism gets you.  Lots of cheap Chinese stuff.  Screw Tibet, screw Uighers, screw Foxconn employees.

British Media ... D and R stole the colonies from GB first!

German media 1933-45 ... Hitler was the best chancellor ever!  I love these skeptics who drink at the dirty well of Pravda daily.

"BIDEN/HARRIS NAMED TIME MAGAZINE'S "PERSON OF THE YEAR", TRUMP LABELED "LOSER OF THE YEAR"" ... I remember when they named Hitler man of the year

"If this potato was running against Joe Biden, I’d vote for the potato." - typical Trumper can tell the difference between Biden and a potato.

"CRIMINAL PROBE INTO BIDEN FAMILY CONFIRMED, COVER UP MAY BE THE BIGGEST MEDIA SCANDAL IN US HISTOR.." .. not just for tax evasion by Hunter.  Part of the big plan, will Joe be arrested before Jan 20, making "nobody likes me" Harris the lead at the inaugural?  Republicans want to jail him, Dems want to depose him for senility after the inaugural, Joe just wants a change of Depends ;-)

Lincoln could only offer reconciliation, after he defeated the South on the battlefield.  How will CinC Biden do?

"Today: "Joe Biden is President-Elect" Tomorrow: "Russia intervened in US Supreme Court to change election results"" ... Putin helped Hillary, not Trump.  Hillary was controlled opposition, Trump was/is a lose cannon.

Diplomacy = give way to China bit by bit until China conquers the planet (aka Thucydides Trap, by people who don't understand Thucydides ... aka Sparta should slowly give way to Athens or Athens should slowly give way to Sparta .. but ignore the "archers" Persian gold coin flowing to both sides, being paid to fight each other and not bother the Persians).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Jason Harvestdancer on December 11, 2020, 09:19:58 AM
It’s been estimated that 93% of all Fox watchers are Republicans and 95% of MSNBC watchers are Democrats. Since neither side watches the other’s news programs, each side is cognizant of only its own team’s heavily slanted rhetoric.

The conservative media is awash with details of voter fraud by Democrats, whilst the liberal media states with equal conviction that Mister Trump and his lawyers have provided no details whatever.

Therefore, those who voted Republican will conclude by watching their own “unbiased” news channel that Democrats have tried to steal the election and thereby steal control of the country.

And those who voted Democrat will conclude by watching their own “unbiased” news channel that Republicans have tried to steal the election and thereby steal control of the country.

Alternative media and social media are even worse. Few alternative news sources actually have reporters that gather their own news. Alternative media trashes mainstream media for being biased but alternative media is typically very biased. Most cherry-pick stories from other sources and simply provide commentary. People have entire careers on YouTube telling their audience what they want to hear and there is little incentive for them to invite people with differing opinions on their channel. I've seen a pattern where someone starts a channel and is fairly unbiased, finds a niche audience, becomes terrified of losing it, and just settles into repeating the same narrative. Some can be pretty deceptive-- for example, the show Rising on The Hill claims to have a conservative host and a progressive host but both are actually populists who have the same values and rarely disagree.  Meanwhile, social media algorithms are designed to give people more of what they want while users themselves ignore or un-friend people with views they find objectionable.

That said, I read both mainstream and alternative media from a variety of sources. There is nothing wrong with a biased news source as long as one recognizes it's biased and is open to other perspectives. This forum and YouTube are my only social media and I don't ignore anyone on here.