Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 23, 2014, 01:50:26 PM
Whenever I bring it up with people irl:

Dawn of War?  Oh, you mean God of War.  Yeah that game's great.

Every friggin' time.
God of War wasn't even that good... although I had it for PSP so that might be part of it.

I want dawn of war though. Hopefully it goes on sale soon.

GrinningYMIR

I think its like 15 bucks right now, tell me if you get it!

My Dota will be ready tonight by the by
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

GrinningYMIR

So dead space 4 has been officially-unofficially canceled, not too surprised to be honest. I felt like Dead Space 3 was pretty weak in terms of story, and general scariness.
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

PickelledEggs

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on December 23, 2014, 02:29:35 PM
I think its like 15 bucks right now, tell me if you get it!

My Dota will be ready tonight by the by

YEEEAAAAAAAAAAA

I should be good for a game or two. I have work tomorrow though, so I won't be able to play too late....

GrinningYMIR

Either way, we can always schedule a designated Dota time this weekend or something. I have a back log of games I have to hit up now haha

GrinningYMIR

Welp, spent a steam gift card I got in about 25 seconds

thanks a lot newell

Sal1981

Bought some games since I had some left over cash in my Steam wallet anyways.

Hydra009

MFW I've spent all I'm willling to spend on Steam games but there are still great sales:

GrinningYMIR

Shiranu

Bought GTA 5 (again), this time for the PS4... I'm not going to lie... it is BEAUTIFUL. I wasn't expecting such a drastic change in graphics, but wow it looks amazing on next gen.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Agramon

I bought Rogue Legacy yesterday on Steam. After 2 hours of utter failure, I figured out how to hook up a PS3 controller to my computer. The keyboard controls are a bit clunky - it's like playing an emulated SNES game with your keyboard. Once I switched controllers the game was much more playable.

It's really challenging. I think I'll be working on this one for a very long time.
"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

PickelledEggs

I got Smash Bros for my Wii U. Needless to say I have been addicted to it.

Hydra009

Endless Legend first impressions:

Absolutely great-looking and the music gives this amazing ambiance.

The sheer customizability to this game is astounding.  We're talking radial tech trees, empire plans, customizable heroes, customizable military units, even customizable settlers.  You can even make your own custom faction if you so choose, though it just takes an existing faction and lets you change the faction traits.  You can also take over minor factions (think city-states from Civ) and get some sort of minor bonus plus a new military unit type to encorporate into your army (Like Tau, we will prosper!)  You can (and probably will) drown in the sheer number of choices.

I've heard some horror stories about learning the mechanics, but the basics are fairly straightforward though some of it is still kinda confusing or counterintuitive.  Choosing between +1 Fleem or +10% Spoo is not an easy choice when you have no idea what those are or whether that's important to your faction.  Also, the notification windows are a bit odd.  There's no familiar X or Okay button, you have to hit Dismiss.  Imagine my surprise at trying to exit out of the Hero window by hitting dismiss... ;(  Maddeningly, some windows have the X and some don't, some have Exit on the right while some have Exit on the left.  The interface is a bit quirky to say the least.

The battles are actually handled really well, with all the units duking it out in a rather large battle grid despite the fact that they're all actually standing in the same hex on the world map.  They certainly blow Civ5 out of the water there.  And it's simple.  Almost too simple.  The AI pretty much does all the work and does a halfway decent job.  It practically plays itself.  There's not much finesse needed there, at least from what I could see.

Finally, this game freakin' eats hours.  A quick match can easily lead to a 6-hour session.  It's enjoyable as hell, but damn, those hours just fly by.

GrinningYMIR

I've seen Ponies in Skyrim, I've seen World Eater Marines in Fallout 3, and I've seen the notorious cowsuits in Amnesia, but today I have seen it all

A mod in GTAV where his car is RBD, and he's carrying a DoW Flamer, while wearing link's Uniform with a chainsaw that shoots lasers on his back. I don't even know if its a real mod, but there it is

Yes

kilodelta

I am launching Lendless Edgend now...
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know