News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf39us

Just hit 16% total progress in Tomb Raider.  I gotta say, I'm digging this game!  Excellent graphics, dialogue, voice acting, cinematics, everything!

kilodelta

I never played any of the Tomb Raiders. Though, I appreciate the heroine.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

_Xenu_

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 22, 2014, 02:59:54 PM
At long last, I got Walking Dead Season 2 and Endless Legend (the game I was gushing about 6 months ago).  Both look really enjoyable.  Still on the lookout for the Telltale Game of Thrones game.

But I'm already pretty busy, so I have no idea where I'm going to find the time for this stuff.  Maybe if I cut out sleeping and eating...
I hate to break it to you, but the second season isn't nearly as good. I'm not sure I'll be around for season 3.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

GrinningYMIR

Is anyone else's steam not working? Mine won't connect for some reason
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Deidre32

I want to learn how to play WoW...I went on there the other day, and thought I registered, but nothing happened. :/ I will be bad at this game if I can't even figure this much out.
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

GrinningYMIR

HAving played the game for 10 years, I know a lot about it, but not as much about the new stuff as I would the older stuff

What seems to be the trouble dee?
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hydra009

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on December 22, 2014, 09:57:56 PMIs anyone else's steam not working? Mine won't connect for some reason
Happened to me a couple days ago.  Kept prompting me to log in and wouldn't connect and would ask me to log in again.  Had me freaked out thinking that there was something wrong on my side.  Apparently, it was just an issue with the Steam servers.

Shiranu

Well, just bought C&C: Red Alert 3. Let's see how it goes, I have wanted it for awhile because of the soundtrack that has been posted and I (confession bear time) really love Soviet and Russian themed stories. Maybe it's my natural tendency to like "other" things... but Russia has always interested me, so much history and culture.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

wolf39us

Bought this

My friends up north and I have been playing this for the last few days and it's hilarious!

GrinningYMIR

Worms is awesome, I can't believe I don't own it yet

And Shir, RA3 is worth the five bucks, but its not what RA2 was. Fun, but not RA2 fun

PickelledEggs

My dog had worms at one point. I don't think she thought it was awesome.

Hydra009

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on December 23, 2014, 10:45:45 AMAnd Shir, RA3 is worth the five bucks, but its not what RA2 was. Fun, but not RA2 fun
$5 is just for the base game.  Doesn't include Uprising, unfortunately.

I love the C&C franchise but pretty much stopped playing the series after Generals came out.  I loved RA2 to pieces but RA3 sort of rubs me the wrong way.  Sure, it has better graphics and more of an emphasis on Naval units and coop play.  That's all well and good, but it seems overly cartoonish and I'm not liking the distinctly C&C3 interface or the spread of alt-fire from a handful of units in RA2 to tons of 'em in RA3.

Part of it could be I've just gotten used to different kinds of RTS games:  I've largely migrated over to bigger RTS games like Supreme Commander and Sins of a Solar Empire and Dawn of War (triple cap), so micromanaging a handful of units doesn't really appeal to me much anymore.

GrinningYMIR

Generals was fun, I played the hell out of it when I was younger but lost interest after a while, just like I thought tiberium wars was fun, but lost interest with that. RA3 was probably the lowest part of the series that I ever played, bought the Collector's edition back when it came out, but never bought uprising. The game lost its seriousness, it all felt silly, away from the hard combat that RA2 portrayed. Sort of like how SC2 went way cartoony compared to the sometimes frightening images that SC1 presented, or how the Darkspawn went from the horrifying figures in DA:O to the comical ones in DA:2 and DA:I. I'm noticing a trend here.

DoW is a lot of fun, none of my friends will play it unfortunately, the one who did got mad when I rolled him in Chaos, which he thought was invincible, so that ended quickly :P And the serious players would roll me, vicious cycle

At least I bought Wolfenstein and AoM on Steam this year

Hydra009

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on December 23, 2014, 01:45:44 PMDoW is a lot of fun, none of my friends will play it unfortunately
Whenever I bring it up with people irl:

Dawn of War?  Oh, you mean God of War.  Yeah that game's great.

Every friggin' time.

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 23, 2014, 01:50:26 PM
Whenever I bring it up with people irl:

Dawn of War?  Oh, you mean God of War.  Yeah that game's great.

Every friggin' time.

Come on man