News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insult to Rocks

Sorry to disagree with you Shiranu, but 13 is, in my opinion, the worst RPG I have ever played, and a serious contender for the worst game. I don't even like any of the numbered FF games, and 13 was still absolutely abysmal.
Anyways, what do you guys think of Irrational closing down? I expected something like this, what with BI's hellish development, but it still sucks, as that means I'll most likely never see a really good Bioshock sequel.
"We must respect the other fellow\'s religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart."
-- H. L. Mencken

PickelledEggs

Found an awesome FPS for PC. The free to play is a bonus. Even without it being free, it's definitely one of the better shooters I've played.

Insult to Rocks

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"Found an awesome FPS for PC. The free to play is a bonus. Even without it being free, it's definitely one of the better shooters I've played.
What is it?
Also, has anyone here played Max Payne 3? Just got it rented, but haven't popped it in yet.
"We must respect the other fellow\'s religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart."
-- H. L. Mencken

Sal1981

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"Found an awesome FPS for PC. The free to play is a bonus. Even without it being free, it's definitely one of the better shooters I've played.
Which is ... ?

PickelledEggs

Sal1981

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"SORRY! I forgot the link...  :oops:  :lol:

//http://ghost-recon.ubi.com/ghost-recon-online/en-us/home/

That's embarrassing...
Lol, if I had a dolla every time I forgot a name or edited a post, I'd be, uh, a thousandaire.

the_antithesis

Turns out, I've owned Secret of Monkey Island for a number of years, now. The DOS version came on a CD I got in PC Gamer Magazine and I downloaded ScummVM to try it out.

So far, OK. It looks nifty, so I can see why it's a classic because of that. Really beautiful pixel art.

Gameplay-wise... well. This style of hunting around for what the fuck you're supposed to do has been in other games I've played. Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening on Gameboy comes to mind. I've never cared for this kind of shit. I haven't even hit the pixel hunt shit yet, as far as I know. Maybe I have and that's why I'm stuck already. Maybe I just lack patience for this kind of shit. I never played these point & click style games before. I've played text adventures, but that was on the Commodore ViC-20. I don't have patience for that kind of shit, either.

I'm going to stick with it for as long as I can, though. Maybe I'll care enough about the story to not let the gameplay bother me. Maybe masturbation will lose it's appeal, too.

Agramon

I picked up Lords of Shadow 2 this morning. Game mechanic wise things seem to be fairly similar, but I am only an hour in (this isn't a problem as I loved the first game). I can't wait to see if the storyline has epic twists and turns like the first one!

Also, Robert Carlyle, Richard Madden (Robb Stark) and Patrick Stewart voice acting! ::swoon::
"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

PickelledEggs

I've been getting back in to starcraft. if anyone wants to add me my username is mailto:dryavorkian@gmail.com">dryavorkian@gmail.com or pickledeggs

(pickledeggs is spelled right for starcraft)

Sal1981

I left the Nr. 1 clan in RuneScape, aptly called "Maxed", for my old clan SpiritZ.

Hydra009

I'm REALLY liking Rift right now.  The best thing I like is that there are plenty of activities for different kinds of players.  At the endgame, you can do dungeons, do pvp, or (my personal favorite) do zone events and explore the hell out of the world.  And you can buy with real-money currency with ingame currency so even free players can eventually buy cash shop items.  I pretty much craft, do dailies, and zone events and generally have a pleasant time without suffering the psychological and physiological trauma of having to run dungeons constantly.

Heh, we actually had a guildy gquit because of "achievement spam", lulz.   :rollin:

Edit - I forgot to mention Instant Adventures.  Love this.  Should be adopted by other MMOs, imho.  Here's how it works:  if you're bored and have 15 min to kill, you can sign up for instant adventures.  The game automatically matches you with a group and teleports you right on top of them.  You all share the same quest and you basically paint the town red together, doing quest after quest until you've had enough.  Everyone who contributes gets something.  Not phat lewt exactly, but some xp, rep, and gold.  And you're all level-matched so basically, as a max-level character, you get to revisit old zones and help out lowbies.  It's fast and easy, and everyone gets something out of it.  Really breaks up the monotony and helps out people so they're not begging for powerleveling and lets you get some nostalgia without feeling like you're poaching from lowbies.

the2ndcominofjebus

"If god doesn\'t like the way I live, let him tell me, not you."

"Give a man a fish, and you\'ll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he\'ll starve to death while praying for a fish."

PickelledEggs

For any PC gamers that want Titanfall,

Here is a link to get the cd key for a pretty sweet deal. My friend shared it with me on facebook and already downloaded it. you can't play until it's actually released, i think, but still.

//http://www.direct2play.com/origin-drm/543-titanfall-origin-cdkey.html

Agramon

Dark Souls 2 is less than 24 hours away! I can't wait to engage in some:

"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

Shiranu

Wish my computer could run it.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur