News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Any gamers around here?

Started by Agramon, June 21, 2013, 02:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: "Shiranu"No news on FF, and yeah ESO sounds terrible from what I have heard (and most of it comes from hardcore fan boys of the series... who are still defending ESO even after listing all this stuff they don't like about it...)
From what I've heard,  reception is mixed, with generally positive reviews.  But I know a couple people irl in the beta and they really enjoy it.  We'll see when it hits metacritic.

However, my initial impression is admittedly pretty awful.  I saw a franchise renown for its lore and vibrant open-world become a dull hack-n-slash.  I sincerely hope that this is an inaccurate assessment.

Insult to Rocks

Quote from: "Hydra009"
Quote from: "Shiranu"No news on FF, and yeah ESO sounds terrible from what I have heard (and most of it comes from hardcore fan boys of the series... who are still defending ESO even after listing all this stuff they don't like about it...)
From what I've heard,  reception is mixed, with generally positive reviews.  But I know a couple people irl in the beta and they really enjoy it.  We'll see when it hits metacritic.

However, my initial impression is admittedly pretty awful.  I saw a franchise renown for its lore and vibrant open-world become a dull hack-in-slash.  I sincerely hope that this is an inaccurate assessment.
Good lord, that looks awful. I mean, all my experiances with the ES have been pretty awful, especially with the combat, but...... this just looks like the most boring and un-interesting thing. Honestly, I wish they would have made a Fallout MMO instead. That would have been far more interesting than what we've got with ESO.
"We must respect the other fellow\'s religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart."
-- H. L. Mencken

GrinningYMIR

I was looking forward to elder scrolls online :/

I hope it's a good game, I want to play it and enjoy it
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

the_antithesis

Quote from: "Insult to Rocks"
Quote from: "leo"The playstation 4 is raping the competition.
Bit late to the party there Leo. The PS4 has been doing better the the X-Box One since, hell, before launch day. And dammit! Why'd you have to go reminding me that I do not have a next gen console yet, and I'm running out of time before Watchdogs and Second Son are released!

Still no point to buy either console until they release some bloody games for them, though.

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: "the_antithesis"
Quote from: "Insult to Rocks"
Quote from: "leo"The playstation 4 is raping the competition.
Bit late to the party there Leo. The PS4 has been doing better the the X-Box One since, hell, before launch day. And dammit! Why'd you have to go reminding me that I do not have a next gen console yet, and I'm running out of time before Watchdogs and Second Son are released!

Still no point to buy either console until they release some bloody games for them, though.

I second that, my summer money is still tucked away until I see something that makes me want to buy
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

the_antithesis

Quote from: "GrinningYMIR"
Quote from: "the_antithesis"Still no point to buy either console until they release some bloody games for them, though.

I second that, my summer money is still tucked away until I see something that makes me want to buy

Make them earn our buyer's remorse!

Jason78

There's been a reboot of the 80's classic Double Dragon.

See you in the spring.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

the_antithesis

I believe I may have just found the greatest game ever made. Better than Minecraft.

Catlateral Damage

"Play as a cooped-up cat where your paw is your only weapon and mischief-making is your only directive.

Catlateral Damage is a first-person destructive cat simulator where your goal is to knock as many of your owner's possessions onto the ground as possible. It is currently in alpha and being created in Unity by Chris Chung. The full version will include additional levels, lots of objects to swat at, and more!"

GrinningYMIR

I saw a youtuber do a video on that, it looked entertaining enough as a kill time game

GrinningYMIR

Sadly, my original N64 memory card has been corrupted, now I cannot play any games with saves

that's over a decade of saved games

*manly tears*

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "the_antithesis"I believe I may have just found the greatest game ever made. Better than Minecraft.

Catlateral Damage

"Play as a cooped-up cat where your paw is your only weapon and mischief-making is your only directive.

Catlateral Damage is a first-person destructive cat simulator where your goal is to knock as many of your owner's possessions onto the ground as possible. It is currently in alpha and being created in Unity by Chris Chung. The full version will include additional levels, lots of objects to swat at, and more!"
That is brilliant!

Grinning, that sucks.  :( I have been having response issues with my N64 controller's joystick. It's too wiggly. I only have 1 left that works well enough for mariokart. I understand your struggle.

leo

Quote from: "GrinningYMIR"Sadly, my original N64 memory card has been corrupted, now I cannot play any games with saves

*manly tears*
The Nintendo 64 was the beginning of the end to Nintendo. The company never come back to the number 1 spot in the industry. The Nintendo 64 has some great games but the lack of cd drive was the worst choice ever. The console was raped by the playstation 1.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "leo"
Quote from: "GrinningYMIR"Sadly, my original N64 memory card has been corrupted, now I cannot play any games with saves

*manly tears*
The Nintendo 64 was the beginning of the end to Nintendo. The company never come back to the number 1 spot in the industry. The Nintendo 64 has some great games but the lack of cd drive was the worst choice ever. The console was raped by the playstation 1.
I beg to differ. Cartridges are the best. No loading time. Period. You really can't beat that.

GrinningYMIR

More bad news, my RA2 won't run on 64 bit correctly, and my 32 bit computer won't turn on

:cry:

Plu

I ran RA2 just fine from the First Decade version, you could try getting your hands on that. Or maybe try installing a virtual box with 32bit windows?