Video Microsoft Doesn't Want You To See (XB1)

Started by Shiranu, June 12, 2013, 01:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plu

All you whining people should buy an Ouya, if you really want something that's made for the gamers and not to line the pockets of big corporation owners and their shareholders.

But you won't, because you want games with lots of shiny, and you don't care about anything else yourselves either :)

Shiranu

Quote from: "the_antithesis"At least the Xbone uses Windows 7.

Of course they used Windows 7 PCs... Xbox's have the highest crash rate out of all the consoles buy a HUGE margin, and you couldn't have that happening at E3... making you look even worse...

Except it still crashed. Lawlz.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Quote from: "Plu"All you whining people should buy an Ouya, if you really want something that's made for the gamers and not to line the pockets of big corporation owners and their shareholders.

But you won't, because you want games with lots of shiny, and you don't care about anything else yourselves either :)

Will the Ouya come with Destiny, Netflix & FIFA? If not, I am not interested in it as my main game console. I rather play games I enjoy.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Plu

And there we go :) You will gladly be raped up the butt by big companies because you like the big shinies that only a big company can create.

(Actually I think the Ouya does Netflix, but I'm not sure)

the_antithesis

Quote from: "Plu"(Actually I think the Ouya does Netflix, but I'm not sure)

Quick googling says, yes it does Netflix and Hulu and the like, or at least those apps were a-coming at the time of writing last month.

Shiranu

Quote from: "Plu"And there we go :) You will gladly be raped up the butt by big companies because you like the big shinies that only a big company can create.

(Actually I think the Ouya does Netflix, but I'm not sure)

I didn't realize the best soccer sim on the market counted as "big shiny", or for that matter games that I enjoy playing.

the_antithesis

Quote from: "Shiranu"I didn't realize the best soccer sim on the market counted as "big shiny", or for that matter games that I enjoy playing.

I don't follow sports so I wouldn't be inclined to know what makes a good soccer game. But two facts:

One, the Ouya already has a soccer game. Whether it's any good or not, I couldn't say. I have no yardstick for that. But it may be a good game it its own right if not necessarily "the best soccer sim on the market."

[youtube:2ms57vz6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvq4Tj8ATYA[/youtube:2ms57vz6]

Two, your problem is less with Microsoft and the Xbone and more with the developers who are making exclusive content for the Xbone. Sounds like they're the ones you need to talk to. Or to get other developers to make games as good as those other guys.

Plu

QuoteI didn't realize the best soccer sim on the market counted as "big shiny", or for that matter games that I enjoy playing.

I'll not even go into fifa, but yeah the games you mentioned? Big budget games, made by big corporations. Which generally only give a damn about the bottom line and nothing else, because that's what they're for.

Shiranu

QuoteTwo, your problem is less with Microsoft and the Xbone and more with the developers who are making exclusive content for the Xbone. Sounds like they're the ones you need to talk to. Or to get other developers to make games as good as those other guys.

?

I only like one exclusive for Xbox, and that series died after the 3rd (Halo). Titanfall will most likely be coming to PS4, so I don't consider that one an exclusive (though it is considered one atm).

PS4 on the other hand has Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Indie game makers. I have no problem with the XB1 developers because they don't have any good exclusive games (besides Forza).

QuoteI'll not even go into fifa, but yeah the games you mentioned? Big budget games, made by big corporations. Which generally only give a damn about the bottom line and nothing else, because that's what they're for.

I really could care less what the manufactures intentions are so long as they make a good product. FIFA? Fun, regardless of EA being soulless bastards. Destiny? Looks amazingly fun, like a mix of Halo + Borderlands + Mass Effect... and is made by Bungie, who is known for their product quality. Battlefield? Amazingly fun again. The problem with XB1 is they have neither good intentions NOR a good product, and that is what people are complaining about. You can get away with being greedy fucks if your product doesn't suck, but Microsoft is presenting a shitty product AND not even trying to play good PR with it.

And what about games like Journey, which is a PS4 exclusive? A little indie game that is more about art and experience than actual game. That is one of the biggest reasons I want to get a PS3, but I figure it will be available to download of PS4 as well. Along with this Indie gamers have been jumping the Microsoft ship and moving over to the PS4 because Sony actually gives a shit about them and promotes their work.

Just because a game is big budget does not make it a terrible game, no more than a game being indie makes it a good game. I have downloaded plenty of indie games that simply are not fun. As a real gamer, that is my ultimate goal: Is this game fun? Will the system allow me to do what I want with my games? I don't know the games on the Ouya to know this, and I am not going to have me and my friends gamble on a console that we might not even enjoy.

Honestly, the always online and stuff like that was not even a big deal with me until Microsoft told people to go fuck themselves, but still buy our older stuff because we want you to drop money on us. And the used game and borrowed game restrictions are a deal breaker; I buy almost all my games used, and if you are going to start putting restrictions on that then you can go fuck yourself.

Hydra009

Quote from: "Shiranu"I really could care less what the manufactures intentions are so long as they make a good product. FIFA? Fun, regardless of EA being soulless bastards. Destiny? Looks amazingly fun, like a mix of Halo + Borderlands + Mass Effect... and is made by Bungie, who is known for their product quality. Battlefield? Amazingly fun again. The problem with XB1 is they have neither good intentions NOR a good product, and that is what people are complaining about. You can get away with being greedy fucks if your product doesn't suck, but Microsoft is presenting a shitty product AND not even trying to play good PR with it.
QFT.

Destiny looks great.  I'll probably get it when it gets ported to the PC.

Plu

QuoteAnd what about games like Journey, which is a PS4 exclusive? A little indie game that is more about art and experience than actual game.

It's actually interesting to see Indie games outside of the PC medium to be honest. I had no idea it was even a console game.

In the end though, people will keep buying the Xbox for the very reason you mention. It will have games, it will bring them enjoyment, and that's really all that matters.

Johan

Quote from: "missingnocchi"
Quote from: "Johan"Perhaps if you spent less on your automotive budget you'd be able to buy a glorified VCR. I'm just sayin'.

Because Shiranu was definitely being literal. What the hell has become of this thread? You all realize you sound like shitheads, right? And I know for a fact that a few of you aren't.
And what makes you think I was being literal?
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

missingnocchi

Quote from: "Johan"
Quote from: "missingnocchi"
Quote from: "Johan"Perhaps if you spent less on your automotive budget you'd be able to buy a glorified VCR. I'm just sayin'.

Because Shiranu was definitely being literal. What the hell has become of this thread? You all realize you sound like shitheads, right? And I know for a fact that a few of you aren't.
And what makes you think I was being literal?
If you weren't, then I really don't understand your metaphor.
What's a "Leppo?"

Plu