Video Microsoft Doesn't Want You To See (XB1)

Started by Shiranu, June 12, 2013, 01:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

[youtube:ddy3hh3j]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yC8FbgGnd0[/youtube:ddy3hh3j]

They are pulling this video like crazy, and all it is doing is making it spread like wildfire.

Don Mattrick (Executive for Xbox) admits he doesn't give a fuck about consumers, saying...

"If you don't 100% of the time have internet, then we have a console for you... its the 360.".

Oh... right. So if you come from one of the many countries that has poor internet access or none at all... go fuck yourself and enjoy last generation consoles; we don't give a fuck about our customers and making sure they have access to the newest products on the market.

If you have been following the news... Microsoft has really shit the bed with the XB1 and their PR, and they seem to be hell bent on sticking to the course instead of actually FIXING IT.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Plu

This is gonna be the shortest console war ever.

_Xenu_

Compared to all the fucked things Microsoft has done, video games and consoles are pretty minor.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

wolf39us

I don't see the big deal really...

If you don't have/want an internet based console... DON'T GET ONE.

the_antithesis

Quote from: "Plu"This is gonna be the shortest console war ever.

Only if everyone makes the sensible choice and buys none of them. Which won't happen because we know people.

I'm more disappointed with the Ouya people as their E3 showing is more like a publicity stunt.

Plu

QuoteOnly if everyone makes the sensible choice and buys none of them. Which won't happen because we know people.

Yeah, I guess you're right.

QuoteI'm more disappointed with the Ouya people as their E3 showing is more like a publicity stunt.

That seems like a reasonable thing to do, considering most of the world has no idea what an Ouya is.

Fidel_Castronaut

Quote from: "the_antithesis"

Only if everyone makes the sensible choice and buys none of them. Which won't happen because we know people.

I'm more disappointed with the Ouya people as their E3 showing is more like a publicity stunt.

Totally. I see no reason whatsoever to get one of the new gen consoles, at least not for a few years and they're dirt cheap.

My 360 has everything I need at the moment. Maybe things will change, but not in the short term, and not with the very little improvement I see on them.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

the_antithesis

Quote from: "wolf39us"I don't see the big deal really...

I think the big deal is they've wobbled back and forth on whether the Xbone is always online or not and now here's a guy saying that if you want a console that's not always on or you just don't have a good internet connection or internet at all, then you could buy a seven year old console instead of the hottest and latest thing which they are spending a lot of money in advertizing hype to get you to want. Basically they are leaving out a sizable chunk of their audience with this move. Not necessarily a bad thing. Technology has to move forward and when it does, you inevitably leave people behind. So alienating a chunk of your user base is a small price to pay to be able to walk into your living room and say "Xbox on," now isn't it?

_Xenu_

As a fellow Linux guy, I can't believe you would say that.

Hydra009

I agree.  But people will buy it anyway for unfathomable reasons.  And this has long been a gripe for PC gamers as well - always-on drm for games like Diablo 3 and Sim City.

I can certainly see the appeal for the company - you keep total control over your product and the customer can't access content without payment.  Cha-ching!  However, there's not a whole lot of appeal for the customer.  Presumably updates/dlc, but that's sort of a given.

Basically, it's a cash grab for the company and the gamer pays dearly for it.  Not exactly the sort of thing that should be encouraged as an industry standard.

wolf39us

Quote from: "_Xenu_"

As a fellow Linux guy, I can't believe you would say that.

Why not?

I love Linux, this is true.  But I can't imagine working on any system/console without internet connectivity.

_Xenu_

Quote from: "wolf39us"I love Linux, this is true.  But I can't imagine working on any system/console without internet connectivity.
Because its a kind of control that Linux folk tend to passionately reject, especially when it comes from Microsoft.

missingnocchi

I'm more inclined to get a Wii U, because I haven't played Skyward Sword yet and Megaman's in the new Smash Bros. If I did choose between PS4 and XBone though, I would stick with Sony. Microsoft's being dicks.

The big deal is that these people are going to be stuck with an obsolete system. They likely won't be able to get most new titles, and in a year or two, any. It also really sounds like their talking down to gamers. Even if this wasn't going to affect people with no internet (20% of American households,) to those people this still sounds like

"Oh, you're to POOR to afford a big boy system? Go play with your etch-a-sketch."

And that pisses people off.
What's a "Leppo?"

_Xenu_

Quote from: "Fidel_Castronaut"Totally. I see no reason whatsoever to get one of the new gen consoles, at least not for a few years and they're dirt cheap.

My 360 has everything I need at the moment. Maybe things will change, but not in the short term, and not with the very little improvement I see on them.
I don't think there's going to be any need to upgrade my hardware until virtual reality becomes mainstream in games. There's nothing bleeding edge consoles can do that my five year old computer can't, except making the same games look better.

PickelledEggs

Isn't it only a war if 2 (or more) groups are fighting? This is more of a massacre.

//http://www.xboxdone.com