Video Microsoft Doesn't Want You To See (XB1)

Started by Shiranu, June 12, 2013, 01:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_antithesis

Quote from: "_Xenu_"Is he ever in a good mood?

the_antithesis

Quote from: "Shiranu"You care about how someone feels if you expect to dominate a market of those people.

I'm not sure is gamers have shown this to be true. IIRC, gamers tend to complain and then buy it anyway.

Farroc

Quote from: "the_antithesis"
Quote from: "Shiranu"You care about how someone feels if you expect to dominate a market of those people.

I'm not sure is gamers have shown this to be true. IIRC, gamers tend to complain and then buy it anyway.
That's what we're trying to stop from happening.
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks

Shiranu

While I think there is certainly... very poor consumer choices from gamers.... I think at the same time you can only screw someone over, no matter how stupid of spender they are, for so long or so much before they decide not to buy your product. For so many gamers, used games is a make or break deal; we simply don't have the money to drop $60 a pop every time. That is an actual issue, as opposed to the small issues that tend to get blown out of proportions.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

_Xenu_

Quote from: "_Xenu_"Is he ever in a good mood?

[ Image ]
At least you're honest, you cynical old man.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Johan

Quote from: "Farroc"I don't understand what your problem is Johan. The new Xbox is completely anti-consumerist and unfair, and some of us are trying to do something about it. Not all of us have internet...
We don't like this because it requires internet and not all of us have internet. But what can we do? I know, lets build a boycott website. Hilarious. Just hilarious.

Quotewe're doing this because Microsoft turning into a bunch money-hungry corporate asses.
There are no words to describe how funny that sentence is.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Shiranu

QuoteWe don't like this because it requires internet and not all of us have internet.

That is a minor issue for Americans, but for most of the world that is a huge issue (Including again, 3 huge markets... Pakistan, India and Latin America).

The main issues Americans are protesting is the used game policies and the fact that Microsoft is telling consumers to go fuck themselves.

QuoteThere are no words to describe how funny that sentence is.

How? Microsoft use to have integrity, now it doesn't. Alot of corporations take pride in their work if that is what you are implying. Just because your bottom line is money doesn't mean you don't take pride in your work.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Farroc

Quote from: "Johan"
Quote from: "Farroc"I don't understand what your problem is Johan. The new Xbox is completely anti-consumerist and unfair, and some of us are trying to do something about it. Not all of us have internet...
We don't like this because it requires internet and not all of us have internet. But what can we do? I know, lets build a boycott website. Hilarious. Just hilarious.
I don't see what's so hilarious about people in countries with no internet access not being able to get the latest games they cherish.And you forgot to mention the fact that we would no longer own the games that we paid 60$ for. I know this is meaningless to you, but some people take this very seriously and all I'm asking is that you at least respect that instead of mocking us. Also, if you expect me to return your hate and hostility you're going to be disappointed.
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks

_Xenu_

Quote from: "Shiranu"How? Microsoft use to have integrity, now it doesn't.
When was that?
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Johan

Which makes me wonder if they've ntending this product to appeal to some market other than hard core gamers.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Johan

Quote from: "Farroc"I don't see what's so hilarious about people in countries with no internet access not being able to get the latest games they cherish.
You don't see what's funny about a boycott website for a product because people can't use it if they don't have internet?

QuoteAnd you forgot to mention the fact that we would no longer own the games that we paid 60$ for.
Ever buy music from itunes? Think you own it? Does Apple seem worried about losing sales?

Johan

Quote from: "Shiranu"How? Microsoft use to have integrity,
When?

Farroc

Quote from: "Johan"
Quote from: "Farroc"I don't see what's so hilarious about people in countries with no internet access not being able to get the latest games they cherish.
You don't see what's funny about a boycott website for a product because people can't use it if they don't have internet?

QuoteAnd you forgot to mention the fact that we would no longer own the games that we paid 60$ for.
Ever buy music from itunes? Think you own it? Does Apple seem worried about losing sales?
I've never seen a song that has cost over 50$.

Johan

Quote from: "Farroc"I've never seen a song that has cost over 50$.
Box sets are often over $50.

Farroc

Yes, but you get multiple songs. If you were to buy a "Box Set" of videogames it would costs hundreds of dollars.