Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

All lives matter?

Started by pr126, August 14, 2016, 01:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cocoa Beware

Quote from: Shiranu on August 14, 2016, 07:55:41 PM
...I just don't even anymore.

Because the lion's share of black people who are murdered are murdered by other black people.

If they had a different approach in which cases of black on black murder resonated in the same way as when a cop does it, that might be more constructive.

Shiranu

QuoteBecause the lion's share of black people who are murdered are murdered by other black people.

Okay?

QuoteIf they had a different approach in which cases of black on black murder resonated in the same way as when a cop does it, that might be more constructive.

"You cant address an issue unless you address EVERY issue!"

That's not how it works. BLM is approaching a specific issue; police brutality (and that includes towards white and hispanic victims, who they have stood up for) and the racism that remains in how society views African Americans. It's like saying the LGBT movement is wrong because it only focuses on LGBT issues of marriage and not domestic abuse within relationships... it's two completely independent causes.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

I can't judge if it is time for person X to die, naturally or by violence.  But that doesn't mean I think that all people deserve my empathy.  Until I know you, I will give you generic empathy, and if I like you, I will increase my empathy to your life problems.  But if I don't like you ... then I will have less empathy.  In extreme cases it would be right for me to take your life.

So stop all this PC shit, be honest humans, not dishonest angels.  PC is a political thing, not an ethical thing.  That would be EC ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: GSOgymrat on August 14, 2016, 08:19:15 PM
FYI, regarding the story in the video of the University of Houston student who was suspended and required to go to diversity training, she has taken a voluntary leave of absence from the student government organization even though all sanctions were dropped. When I watched the video I mistakenly understood that she was being suspended from school for posting "Forget #BlackLivesMatter, #AllLivesMatter" on Facebook. I researched the story because I thought it couldn't possibly be accurate and learned she was suspended from the student government organization and the sanctions had nothing to do with her status as a student.

http://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/articles/news/2016/08/08/163378/with-sanctions-removed-uh-student-leader-takes-voluntary-leave-of-absence-from-office-for-forget-blacklivesmatter-post/

It's still bullshit and a blantant act of censorship of opinions.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 14, 2016, 10:38:59 PM
It's still bullshit and a blantant act of censorship of opinions.

Bullshit, yes but is it really censorship? I would call it coercion and groupthink.

Groupthink occurs when a group values harmony and coherance over accurate analysis and critical evaluation. It causes individual members of the group to unquestioningly follow the word of the leader and it strongly discourages any disagreement with the concensus.

Nonsensei

Quote from: GSOgymrat on August 15, 2016, 12:13:21 AM
Bullshit, yes but is it really censorship? I would call it coercion and groupthink.

Groupthink occurs when a group values harmony and coherance over accurate analysis and critical evaluation. It causes individual members of the group to unquestioningly follow the word of the leader and it strongly discourages any disagreement with the concensus.

Censorship is the result of this particular instance of groupthink.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

pr126

Groupthink.
This is what taught at uni campuses.
Creating SJWs, snowflakes, safe places, men in women's restrooms, etc.

Interested to know if any females feel the need to visit the men's rooms?

Blackleaf

Quote from: GSOgymrat on August 15, 2016, 12:13:21 AM

Groupthink is even worse. Holy shit. I thought colleges were supposed to encourage people to use critical thinking.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

pr126

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 15, 2016, 02:13:50 AM
Groupthink is even worse. Holy shit. I thought colleges were supposed to encourage people to use critical thinking.
Not in the brave new world.

Cultural Marxist indoctrination, and look at the new useless "studies" sections, which are certainly not employable subjects, unless one is becoming a uni "teacher" to promote  the cause for future students.
Women Studies, gender studies, sexuality studies, liberal (?) art studies, etc.
Can get you a job in KFC perhaps?

GSOgymrat

Quote from: pr126 on August 15, 2016, 02:27:25 AM
Cultural Marxist indoctrination, and look at the new useless "studies" sections, which are certainly not employable subjects, unless one is becoming a uni "teacher" to promote  the cause for future students.

Honestly I took all those courses but apparently the atmosphere at some universities has changed. I attended the University of North Carolina at Asheville, which is the liberal arts campus of the UNC system. The philosophy was "we don't teach what to think but how to think." They also made no apologies for education for the sake of knowledge, not just to prepare for a job. The instructors had no compunction about challenging student sensibilities. I remember one instructor announced in class most of the stories in the Bible were bastardized from older religions. A student said he was a Christian and that wasn't true. The instructor said, "Excellent! Prove me wrong." We had intense debates both in and out of class. Back in 1990 for National Coming Out Day, before being gay was socially acceptable, I wore a shirt that said "Nobody knows I'm gay" in big letters. The next day some students plastered the campus with fliers "God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve." Was it sometimes scary? Yep! Were feelings hurt? Yep! Yet, no one complained to administration. No speech codes were enacted. No jobs were threatened. No apologies were made. No one retreated to their safe space.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: pr126 on August 15, 2016, 02:27:25 AM
Not in the brave new world.

Can get you a job in KFC perhaps?

Everything you love and want to protect about Western society; its collective, individual, social development you see superior to other cultures and fear that is under threat is a result of Cultural Marxism. It's one of the eventual results of an accumulation of knowledge and development of human culture started thousands of years ago. Nor it is limited to some sort of selective topics you think is the cause of all problems.

Cultural Marxism is not some conspiracy theory that started several decades ago. Modern West without Cultural Marxism is an anachronism; doesn't exist. A fantasy, home cooked by right wing ignorant morons who don't know their ass from their mouth and wouldn't be able to count any fundamental changes occured in their socities in the last 50 year out of social media vlogs.

And it is not going anywhere because Western civilisation screwed up with its policies and a certain group gets off on blaming everything goes wrong in their culture on some crude understanding of the biggest philosophy of criticism humanity managed to construct so far. Stomp your foot all you want.

If you had a tiny bit of historical perspective or scratch that just a little idea about the scope of what you are talking about when you type those words, you'd get there is no way around this cultural marxism 'thing'.

Cultural Marxism is the only criticism constructed against all authoritative systems from fascism, capitalism to communism, you moron. THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING ELSE.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cocoa Beware

Quote from: Shiranu on August 14, 2016, 08:26:59 PM
"You cant address an issue unless you address EVERY issue!"

That's not how it works. BLM is approaching a specific issue; police brutality (and that includes towards white and hispanic victims, who they have stood up for) and the racism that remains in how society views African Americans. It's like saying the LGBT movement is wrong because it only focuses on LGBT issues of marriage and not domestic abuse within relationships... it's two completely independent causes.

BLM have not helped anyone, black people in particular, by (for example) responding to this injustice by first demanding, and then killing cops arbitrarily. A cop's job is extremely dangerous and under appreciated to begin with.

This is just one item on a very long list of stupid actions/demands by BLM that has created a lot of antipathy for whatever the fuck it is they think their goal is supposed to be.

Listening to black people themselves, from whom I have heard some of the harshest criticism levelled at BLM, has really helped me get a better understanding of what they are doing wrong.

Some Black Guy (you tuber) goes over the completely unrealistic demands of BLM and provides commentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xcB6fNZBeM

pr126

Or BLM is just another tool in the box to further destabilize society?

pr126

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 15, 2016, 06:09:13 AM
Everything you love and want to protect about Western society; its collective, individual, social development you see superior to other cultures and fear that is under threat is a result of Cultural Marxism. It's one of the eventual results of an accumulation of knowledge and development of human culture started thousands of years ago. Nor it is limited to some sort of selective topics you think is the cause of all problems.

Cultural Marxism is not some conspiracy theory that started several decades ago. Modern West without Cultural Marxism is an anachronism; doesn't exist. A fantasy, home cooked by right wing ignorant morons who don't know their ass from their mouth and wouldn't be able to count any fundamental changes occured in their socities in the last 50 year out of social media vlogs.

And it is not going anywhere because Western civilisation screwed up with its policies and a certain group gets off on blaming everything goes wrong in their culture on some crude understanding of the biggest philosophy of criticism humanity managed to construct so far. Stomp your foot all you want.

If you had a tiny bit of historical perspective or scratch that just a little idea about the scope of what you are talking about when you type those words, you'd get there is no way around this cultural marxism 'thing'.

Cultural Marxism is the only criticism constructed against all authoritative systems from fascism, capitalism to communism, you moron. THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING ELSE.

Try making your point whitout  personal attacks. I know it is difficult for you, but try.
People will respect your posts more if you do.
The aim is to exchange ideas, not insults. Behave!

Shiranu

QuoteTry making your point whitout  personal attacks. I know it is difficult for you, but try.
People will respect your posts more if you do.
The aim is to exchange ideas, not insults. Behave!

QuoteGroupthink.
This is what taught at uni campuses.
Creating SJWs, snowflakes, safe places, men in women's restrooms, etc.

QuoteTBH, I posted this for our resident SJW snowflake.

Trigger Warning! Trigger Warning!

QuoteCareful, buddy. You're gonna get our snowflake all heated and he's gonna melt! Lol

Sent from your mom.

QuoteSJW snowflakes.
You can't argue with them. Just ridicule them.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur