News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

All lives matter?

Started by pr126, August 14, 2016, 01:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

DS - most people here haven't read Kant's Prologema ... and aren't interested in Continental philosophy, but that new English guy seems so.  Go easy on the rest of us, or I will start quoting Zen koans ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Nonsensei

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 19, 2016, 09:08:00 AM
I have admitted -like everyone else- being wrong about something many times in this forum. I have posted many self criticisms and stood openly vulnerable also apologised when necessary. Just like I did to GSO with in this very thread and in a different way admiting personal, emotional reaction to Pickel. But how would you know? What wuold change if you do?

I have never had this much of unjustified, empty hatred thrown at me by one person in my entire life.

Am I really that perfect? What the fuck does that mean? What does 'being perfect' mean? What does perfect mean? What does me, as a person have to do with anything, any issue we talk about in this forum, about politics, religion, culture...all those human right issues this and that?

I live in a muslim country under the fire of several terrorism groups. I don't know what is going to happen to me tomorrow. I am working my ass off to make a job work that literally has no value in the culture I live in and am I that perfect? What the fuck does that mean? Go fuck yourself you vile, dumb, damaged piece of shit.

I don't hate you DS. I never have and I never will, if only because I don't even feel that powerfully negative about anyone in real life let alone on the internet. I've never been threatened by your opinions or your arguments. The biggest source of frustration comes not from what you say but how you choose to say it.

Your biggest problem is that you cannot distinguish criticism from hatred. If I say something to criticize you, its an attack and you respond like its an attack. You will probably respond to my stating this as if it were an attack.

If there's any hatred here its from you to me. I've never said to you the sort of things you have said to me. Not just in this thread, but in general. I cant even count the number of things you have labeled me as over the years. You act like you're the victim here, but the reality is whenever we find each other on opposite sides of a topic - which is 100% of the time - its you that starts in on me more often than not. You say something, I respond to it, and the next thing I know you're trying to verbally rip my balls out through my throat. You respond like I personally slapped you in the face rather than posted something to you on the internet.

I couldn't help but notice that while Pickel managed to get you to apologize to him, you never even came close to apologizing to me. You know, the person you actually called a "vile, dumb, damaged piece of shit"?  Its not really a surprise. You don't think you did anything wrong by calling me those things. If it werent for the forum rules against personal attacks you wouldn't have even apologized to Pickel.

But its fine. Unlike you, I have tougher skin than that. Swear at me. Call me all the names you like. It has no effect on me and makes you seem irrational.

Its a shame, because somewhere behind that wall of righteous fury is an intelligent woman. But I'll never meet her. She only talks normally to people who agree with her. Everyone else is trash.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

mauricio

Quote from: Nonsensei on August 19, 2016, 10:55:10 PM
I don't hate you DS. I never have and I never will, if only because I don't even feel that powerfully negative about anyone in real life let alone on the internet. I've never been threatened by your opinions or your arguments. The biggest source of frustration comes not from what you say but how you choose to say it.

Your biggest problem is that you cannot distinguish criticism from hatred. If I say something to criticize you, its an attack and you respond like its an attack. You will probably respond to my stating this as if it were an attack.

If there's any hatred here its from you to me. I've never said to you the sort of things you have said to me. Not just in this thread, but in general. I cant even count the number of things you have labeled me as over the years. You act like you're the victim here, but the reality is whenever we find each other on opposite sides of a topic - which is 100% of the time - its you that starts in on me more often than not. You say something, I respond to it, and the next thing I know you're trying to verbally rip my balls out through my throat. You respond like I personally slapped you in the face rather than posted something to you on the internet.

I couldn't help but notice that while Pickel managed to get you to apologize to him, you never even came close to apologizing to me. You know, the person you actually called a "vile, dumb, damaged piece of shit"?  Its not really a surprise. You don't think you did anything wrong by calling me those things. If it werent for the forum rules against personal attacks you wouldn't have even apologized to Pickel.

But its fine. Unlike you, I have tougher skin than that. Swear at me. Call me all the names you like. It has no effect on me and makes you seem irrational.

Its a shame, because somewhere behind that wall of righteous fury is an intelligent woman. But I'll never meet her. She only talks normally to people who agree with her. Everyone else is trash.

pretty much this is how I feel too. Last year i attempted various times to engage her in good faith and after getting labeled and psychoanalyzed by her and watching her do it to other people in posts dripping in arrogance and then complete lack of self-awareness when called on it is just... I can't deal with that level of bullshit. So I'm sorry to the mods if I just contributed to the flame war with my angry posts in this thread. I will try harder to be chill.

Duncle

Quote from: Baruch on August 19, 2016, 07:28:24 PM
DS - most people here haven't read Kant's Prologema ... and aren't interested in Continental philosophy, but that new English guy seems so.  Go easy on the rest of us, or I will start quoting Zen koans ;-)
Actually, my background is very much in Analytical/Anglo-American Philosophy rather than Continental Philosophy. Having said that, I have read quite a bit of the Continental stuff. Kant really belongs to both traditions, since the split in Philosophy happened after Kant.

Baruch

Quote from: Duncle on August 20, 2016, 04:48:58 AM
Actually, my background is very much in Analytical/Anglo-American Philosophy rather than Continental Philosophy. Having said that, I have read quite a bit of the Continental stuff. Kant really belongs to both traditions, since the split in Philosophy happened after Kant.

DS is a follower of Habermas, so her thinking is quite alien to Anglophones ;-)  I like me some Zizich myself.  Him and Nietzsche.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

PickelledEggs

If it werent for the forum rules against personal attacks you wouldn't have even apologized to Pickel.
Unfortunately, I feel the same way about that apology.

Shiranu

Quote from: PickelledEggs on August 20, 2016, 01:39:34 PM
Unfortunately, I feel the same way about that apology.

Yeah, I would say that is accurate about 80%+ of the time here.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on August 20, 2016, 01:52:31 PM
Yeah, I would say that is accurate about 80%+ of the time here.
I'd say less than that. Only a few select members deliver empty apologies for only the reason that it's breaking the rules. Maybe you think it's a higher percentage because you're one of the people that has frequented a hollow apology.

drunkenshoe

You feel wrong about the apology. It was also a general one. If it was formality, it would be a long post and it would go on with buts an explanations. I just said that I wasn't really aware how hostile I appealed -because I wasn't- and apologised. You know what I thought writing that post, "OK. I made a mess and I should get out of this thread asap and not post anything more". That's all.

I reflexively apologised GSO at the beginning of the thread the moment I realised I said something wrong. Is that a reaction of someone who refuses to apologise whatever happens?

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Yes, I shouldn't have called you any of those things in this thread or any other. And you shouldn't have said a lot of things to me either.

Have you aplogised to me when you called me 'man castrating cunt', 'feminazi', 'man hating bitch' several times -<these are your introductions to me in this forum and your way of communication for a long time before your break-  'toxic', 'harmful and posionous to this forum', 'narcissistic little princess', 'insufferable know it all', 'megolamaniac'...many various other insults, constant snarky remarks at anything I wrote just because I criticised American culture and your recation to SJW in general topics? No, you haven't. You didn't even think of it. Actually you didn't even have to 'apologise' but just go with 'I said some things before, let's forget about it, OK?' If you had, you'd be shocked to see what kind of response that would meet with.

And now you keep acting as if you are some victim of an evil character without any provocation and ill treatment at your side. This is not correct. You are not honest about it.

No, we don't have opposing opinions on many topics, Nonsensei, we actually agree on most of it and you are not even aware of that. I don't agree on many topics with posters I have a 'nomal' relationship in the forum.

If you had shown a bit of benign attitude towards me, you'd get that. I'm not your enemy. Not even remotely close.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hijiri Byakuren

This thread is headed for great places, I can tell.

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Shiranu

Quote from: PickelledEggs on August 20, 2016, 02:12:45 PM
I'd say less than that. Only a few select members deliver empty apologies for only the reason that it's breaking the rules. Maybe you think it's a higher percentage because you're one of the people that has frequented a hollow apology.

Your right, it probably is... the people who should be apologizing don't even have the courtesy of putting out a hollow one, they just disappear and pretend they were never wrong.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 21, 2016, 05:53:02 AM
You feel wrong about the apology. It was also a general one. If it was formality, it would be a long post and it would go on with buts an explanations. I just said that I wasn't really aware how hostile I appealed -because I wasn't- and apologised. You know what I thought writing that post, "OK. I made a mess and I should get out of this thread asap and not post anything more". That's all.

I reflexively apologised GSO at the beginning of the thread the moment I realised I said something wrong. Is that a reaction of someone who refuses to apologise whatever happens?

You know what? I care less about apologies than I do about repeat behavior. Apologies are nice, but more of a guarantee that it will not happen again is the thing I don't know if I can get from you. You apologized after a page of two of either being unwilling or unable to understand what the issue was with what you were saying. And I could tell... I had a feeling that you still didn't understand the problem and your part in it.

e.g.
Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 21, 2016, 06:20:37 AM
Yes, I shouldn't have called you any of those things in this thread or any other. And you shouldn't have said a lot of things to me either.

Have you aplogised to me when you called me 'man castrating cunt', 'feminazi', 'man hating bitch' several times -<these are your introductions to me in this forum and your way of communication for a long time before your break-  'toxic', 'harmful and posionous to this forum', 'narcissistic little princess', 'insufferable know it all', 'megolamaniac'...many various other insults, constant snarky remarks at anything I wrote just because I criticised American culture and your recation to SJW in general topics? No, you haven't. You didn't even think of it. Actually you didn't even have to 'apologise' but just go with 'I said some things before, let's forget about it, OK?' If you had, you'd be shocked to see what kind of response that would meet with.

And now you keep acting as if you are some victim of an evil character without any provocation and ill treatment at your side. This is not correct. You are not honest about it.

No, we don't have opposing opinions on many topics, Nonsensei, we actually agree on most of it and you are not even aware of that. I don't agree on many topics with posters I have a 'nomal' relationship in the forum.

If you had shown a bit of benign attitude towards me, you'd get that. I'm not your enemy. Not even remotely close.

Stop. I'm tired of this. You continually show that you are not aware of how you conduct yourself with other people and you continually throw in the kitchen sink from past engagements with people. Nonsensei didn't say any of those things to you in this thread. Not "femenazi", not "cunt", not "man hating bitch". You are attempting to bring in past things that have since been dealt with and already finished.
Nonsenei was benign with you in this thread, you on the other hand were not.

Interestingly enough, this behavior is narcissistic in nature. Bringing up past things to divert blame from yourself. That is what you've been doing in this thread for almost the entirety of it. Including your most recent post.

I will go back to the thing you said
QuoteI have been in many conflicts with many different people in this forum.
You need to start seeing your role in this. Everyone else has figured it out except you at this point.  Be aware of how you conduct yourself with others, because it is toxic and hostile a lot of the time, even when the other people are not. And it is narcissistic at times. And you do take what people say and disregard what their communicate to argue something completely different. Most people by now just leave the conversation because they know discussing something with you will go no-where, unless they are discussing how they agree with you, which in a different way the conversation goes no where.

Be aware of yourself, because you are not as of now. If you can't, and you continue this and do this in the future, especially since it happens so frequently with you, I will have no choice but to implement a ban.

PickelledEggs

drunkenshoe