What is the most ignorant thing a Christian has told you?

Started by MagetheEntertainer, February 26, 2015, 06:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Contemporary Protestant

you make a fair point, i am powerless to stop ISIS, because i dont think our politcians care about the individual

however as a collective whole, we do have the capabity of making a stand

i lack an answer to your final question but i suppose that what goes on in the middle east was caused by the West and we have the resources to fix the problem but we dont

the problem is that simple, we wont clean up our own mess despite having the capability to do so

leo

Quote from: Contemporary Protestant on March 01, 2015, 09:02:47 AM
i never said that belief in God makes people good

and if there are so many good people, why do these persons allow atrocities to exist
By the way , this post is one of the most ignorant you ever written.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Contemporary Protestant

how is blaming people for the enslavement of people, ignorant?

the fact that sex slavery exists is soley because our police and our public is not harsh enough on human trafficing

not to mention the people who hire prostitutes

leo

Quote from: Contemporary Protestant on March 01, 2015, 10:02:46 AM
how is blaming people for the enslavement of people, ignorant?

the fact that sex slavery exists is soley because our police and our public is not harsh enough on human trafficing

not to mention the people who hire prostitutes         
Your ignorant post was about the claim that many good people don't exist  in the world because the worldwide atrocities aren't stopped  by them. By that standard,  you would be a very bad person or asshole.     

Munch

Quote from: leo on March 01, 2015, 09:34:14 AM
You said in other posts  the belief in your god make or help you to be a good person. Are you serious ? There are many good people in the world but not all of them can help to stop the atrocities in the world. I could ask you , what are you doing to stop the atrocities in the Middle East by ISIS ?  The better question is : where is your god ( remember your god is all powerful and all knowing ) when atrocities happen in the world since the beginning of the human race ? Why so much suffering in the animal kingdom?

I think Stephen Fry said it best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-d4otHE-YI
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Solitary

I asked Billy Graham this very question when I met him in an art gallery in Scottsdale Arizona. He said he didn't know, but he would ask God when he dies because he was troubled by all the pain and suffering in the world. I told him I was an atheist and asked him how a God of love could allow it? This was before he bought a $22,000 piece of art work, and got into his custom car. I told him that being in the religion business must be profitable. He winked at me and said it was. I don't blame him, stupid people that don't question authority deserve to be fleeced of their hard earned money.. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Munch

I love the point Fry makes and highlights one of the major problems with theism today, people like Christians believe their god is such a divine being, that he is without fault or hubris, that everything he does is with love and good nature, even when he commits acts that would put people like Jeffery Dahmer to shame, yet, still claim he is beyond fault. At least the ancient religions had gods that were at fault and in their beliefs didn't hide this, they commited the same kind of cruel and malicious acts that any human being would.

God exists because mankind is so at fault in their own being, that made up a deity they wanted to aspire to, but in doing so put the same kind of cruelty and malicious behavior in their god as people, but tried to write it off as divine. When god kills millions its a divine act of his guidance, when mankind does the same, its called genocide. When god kills children or spreads disease, its called love and forgiveness, when mankind does it its filicide and chemical warfare.

The threads kind of getting off tilt, but I just think of it on the level of theistic ignorance, when you hear groups like christians and muslims calling out to be taken seriously and saying they are being oppressed, when they themselves don't know the meaning of the word and can't even acknowledge it in their own theism.

Contemporary Protestant

leo

Contemporary Protestant

i have done bad things and will likely make more mistakes in the future
i try to do good but to call myself good would be deceiving

Aroura33

This i
Quote from: Contemporary Protestant on March 01, 2015, 11:27:06 AM
i do indeed consider myself a bad person

So, you attribute all bad acts to human nature, and all good acts to an invisible moral force...that kind of "makes" us behave?  But it only does that sometimes, and I fails the vast majority of the time, if you re right and people are still mostly bad. 

So this force you believe in, could it cause people to not be bad people all the time, instead of randomly just some of the time?  If it can, why doesn't it?

Why does it make atheists behave more morally (as they commit less serious crimes overall than beleivers), than those who believe in it?  That doesn't make much sense does it?

I'm a bad person too, sometimes, and sometimes I'm a good person.  Both of these things are natural, normal, and inside me. They come from my geneics and they way I was raised. 

Let's say you have a dog, and it is usually well behaved, but one day it gets into your garbage and strews it around your house.  Was this moral force guiding the dog most of the time, but the dogs evil nature comes through to make it wreck your house? No I bet you are thinking this is a human thing.  So riddle me this CP, in your worldview, how come a dog has more moral freedom of action (Can be good or bad naturally, on it's own, without god interfering), than a human does?

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Contemporary Protestant

i think the force is constant but that i chose to ignore it and do what i want inStead

leo

Please define good and please define bad. What's good and what's bad?

Contemporary Protestant

good is what is helpful to the community while bad is either harmful to the general well being and selfish

Munch

When I was young, I stole things from shops under my coat. I would torment my cat by chasing and scaring him though the house. I hit other kids in my class for no reason at all. I even one time ripped a girls scab on her arm she was showing.

You learn how to be a decent human being by knowledge, education, and developing an empathy for the world around you. I was raised in the mixed household of a loving mother, a loveless father, and an older brother who was always ahead of me in everything. I think it was my mothers strength of character they made me understand empathy and knowing right from wrong in the end.

Really, its all chance. Chance that your be brought up in a home that teaches you right, chance that your generics aren't screwed up and causing an imbalance in your brain activity, and chance for the people you meet and interact with.