Police Brutality Against Motorcyclist

Started by Shiranu, January 23, 2016, 02:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Hey, before this turns into some kind of a shit storm, let me suggest that this is far more of a generational thing than you realize. When some of us were kids we were beat for endangering our life, but to endanger someone else's life? Whoa, that was far more than a beating. It was a berating of all things moral….and a beating.

When someone today endangers other people, many of us "old timers" fully believe they should have their asses beat. I don't care who does the beating. I can't do it anymore. When some jack ass endangers my grandkid I can tell you that is why I don't carry a gun…I have no compassion for fucktards that endanger the lives of others so….in the video when he starts zipping between cars and jumping lanes and scarying the fuck out of people? Yeah, fuck him… some one should kick his ass.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Baruch

If y'all want to go around beating your family members or someone else ... have at it, but leave me alone.  I reduce my odds of taking a beating from a cop et al, by the usual methods.  Doesn't matter what my rights are ... I don't believe anyone has any rights.  It is you vs the other guy ... and you do what you can to de-escalate, or you escalate and takes your chances.  If you choose wrong, you end up dead, with a weapon that isn't yours next to your dead body.  Unless you were stupid enough to be carrying a weapon, in which case you saved the cop the effort to borrow something form the evidence locker.  And no, people usually don't turn their coworkers in ... whistleblowers in all lines of work are despised, no matter what kind of shit is going down.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

stromboli

Watch the video. Were I that police officer- and being a long time motorcyclist, though not currently- I would be upset by his behavior. But the cop over reacted. Had the incident not gotten videotaped, it would have been he said she said and gone nowhere.

So a cop over reacted to a situation because he was pissed. for a police officer that probably happens a dozen times a day. Like I said in the past I worked with cops. I don't like cops because a segment of them are bullies who abuse their authority, but that one fact does not label all cops as bad or that this cop is excessively brutal, but that he over reacted in a situation.

summary: the motorcyclist had the better lawyer. Now everybody relax.

Baruch

Yes, I think we can assume that the cop was momentarily over the top angry, and not part of a vast Right wing conspiracy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

I'm not sure if there is a standard whereas cop is tasked with administering 'justice' on the spot and being allowed to bypass the entire criminal justice system just because someone has done something really stupid.  Last time I checked we have the courts and jails as a method of administering justice.  Hey,  I get it,  cop gets pissed off and wants to be judge, jury and executionor and from everything that I understand about the criminal justice system is that when the cop takes justice into his own hands he then becomes the criminal and should be held accountable.  Otherwise we should just get rid of police altogether and let the biggest person decided what's justice and what isn't.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on January 24, 2016, 10:15:22 AM
I'm not sure if there is a standard whereas cop is tasked with administering 'justice' on the spot and being allowed to bypass the entire criminal justice system just because someone has done something really stupid.  Last time I checked we have the courts and jails as a method of administering justice.  Hey,  I get it,  cop gets pissed off and wants to be judge, jury and executionor and from everything that I understand about the criminal justice system is that when the cop takes justice into his own hands he then becomes the criminal and should be held accountable.  Otherwise we should just get rid of police altogether and let the biggest person decided what's justice and what isn't.

That is what we do have ... the biggest person is often the cop (damn those donuts) ... or the one with the baddest attitude problem.  The courts only get involved afterward, to make everything much more delayed and expensive ... lawyers gotta eat y'know.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Johan on January 23, 2016, 10:47:43 PMI would not commit career suicide simply so I could remove one bad example from my chosen field. Therefore I would not expect anyone else to do so. If that makes me a bad person in your book, so be it.

Why is it career suicide to remove criminals from your ranks?
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Jason_Harvestdancer on January 24, 2016, 11:47:15 AM
You have to be a conspiracy theorist to understand that.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hijiri Byakuren

Because while the criminals are a minority, the majority are enablers, and the enablers will remove you for being a "shit-disturber."
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on January 24, 2016, 12:28:06 PM
Because while the criminals are a minority, the majority are enablers, and the enablers will remove you for being a "shit-disturber."
See? Told ya.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 24, 2016, 12:38:24 PM
See? Told ya.
Doesn't require a conspiracy theory to come to that conclusion. You see that behavior pretty much anywhere you have a large number of people who know each other. Police departments are pretty big, so it is not hard to imagine the same problem cropping up independently across multiple of them.

Secretly a Warsie.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on January 24, 2016, 12:59:53 PM
Doesn't require a conspiracy theory to come to that conclusion. You see that behavior pretty much anywhere you have a large number of people who know each other. Police departments are pretty big, so it is not hard to imagine the same problem cropping up independently across multiple of them.

Secretly a Warsie.
"Imagine" being an important word there. I'm seeing great thundering herds of confirmation bias in this topic everywhere on the Net.
PZ Myers

stromboli

One cop having a bad day does not make an entire police force corrupt. But this is the reason I'm not a cop because if I saw some pinhead doing on a motorcycle what that guy did, It is possible I'd react the same way. In any case it is one incident, the problem was settled and I don't understand why some of you need to elevate this to some kind of overall statement about cops, which it isn't.  Maybe the cop is unfit and needs to be looked at. And maybe somebody needs to explain to mr. motorcyclist not to behave in that manner.

You people got too much time on your hands. Get a hobby.

Baruch

It is a target rich environment.  In my understanding, almost all adults are criminals ... and I am one also, as I have mentioned before.  Shoe was responsible for my satori ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Baruch on January 24, 2016, 07:16:23 PM
It is a target rich environment.  In my understanding, almost all adults are criminals ... and I am one also, as I have mentioned before.  Shoe was responsible for my satori ;-)
Don't bring Satori into this, she has enough on her plate without being part of a criminal investigation.

Secretly a Warsie.