Police Brutality Against Motorcyclist

Started by Shiranu, January 23, 2016, 02:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

What exactly are you looking for here? I didn't take your challenge because I don't see the point of it. Anyone who finds himself being 'black' or 'hispanic' never had a choice in the matter. I don't know of anyone who was born being a cop so I fail to see how one has anything at all to do with the other.

But I'll be your huckleberry. There are a metric shit ton of people who are black and who are hispanic. Bad examples of each have been around since the either group existed. Therefore bad examples of each are nothing new.

There you go. Now smugly enlighten us to what point you think you've now proven.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Shiranu

"Not all cops are bad, therefor we should not make an issue out of the cops that are bad (that are costing people their lives) and abusing their power!"

Yeah. Fuck that and cry me a river.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Shiranu on January 23, 2016, 07:57:18 PM
"Not all cops are bad, therefor we should not make an issue out of the cops that are bad (that are costing people their lives) and abusing their power!"

Yeah. Fuck that and cry me a river.
Who said that, please?

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Johan on January 23, 2016, 07:39:52 PM
What exactly are you looking for here? I didn't take your challenge because I don't see the point of it. Anyone who finds himself being 'black' or 'hispanic' never had a choice in the matter. I don't know of anyone who was born being a cop so I fail to see how one has anything at all to do with the other.

But I'll be your huckleberry. There are a metric shit ton of people who are black and who are hispanic. Bad examples of each have been around since the either group existed. Therefore bad examples of each are nothing new.

There you go. Now smugly enlighten us to what point you think you've now proven.
I see the characterizations have started. Is there a reason for that?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Shiranu

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 23, 2016, 08:11:28 PM

Really? When all you can ever say is, "No no no it's just an issue made by the media, it's not bad, how many cops are good!" any time police brutality is ever mentioned... it's hard to think you care about police brutality being an issue. If you did you wouldn't only offer excuse after excuse about how "it's not as bad as it's portrayed!".

Just like you aren't actually saying that... no one is saying there aren't good cops. What is being said is that too many police departments filled with good cops allow this shit to happen and cover for their own... and that this happens in every state with way too much damn frequency. It's like pointing out that Blackwater did some really fucked up shit in Iraq, and someone coming in every time and saying, "No no no Blackwater is just being persecuted by the media, it's not an issue, how many Blackwater employees DIDN'T shoot and then piss on innocent civilians!". That's about the level of "serious" you can be taken as when that is all you offer.

Btw; this one wasn't covered by the MSM. If you want I can start spamming cases that were never covered. And of course the media isn't going to report on cops actually DOING THEIR FUCKING JOB, just like they don't bring cameras to my work place and record me. But if I was to snap and slam a customers face into the counter and shoot him because "I didn't realise there were cameras on me"... yeah, I think the fucking media would come. That isn't the media being bigoted towards cashiers no more than doing the same for cops that break the law is being bigoted against cops. Edit: And if this was something that happened with frequency amongst cashiers and the companies covered it up every chance they got... and if cashiers were people meant to protect the people.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

I'm glad you found someone acceptable to hate.
PZ Myers

_Xenu_

You really can see the 'oh shit' moment in the video. The guy did not know the cop was behind him, and i find it hard to believe knocking him off his bike was an accident.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Shiranu

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 23, 2016, 08:34:12 PM
I'm glad you found someone acceptable to hate.

What a contribution... just like every other post in these threads you make.

I'm glad you found threads where you can snark off and act like you know jack shit and feel it's acceptable.

aitm

Quote from: _Xenu_ on January 23, 2016, 08:56:27 PM
You really can see the 'oh shit' moment in the video.

Ah… in the old days..back in the mid 70's when cops were pigs, I could see the guy easily say, "fucking pigs". Hey….I am sure it's a generational thing. I am sure your version is right…."golly dang, I didn't even realize I was speeding and passing in a no passing lane cause…golly gee…I…mean…golly gee…"
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Shiranu

Quote from: aitm on January 23, 2016, 09:46:19 PM
Ah… in the old days..back in the mid 70's when cops were pigs, I could see the guy easily say, "fucking pigs". Hey….I am sure it's a generational thing. I am sure your version is right…."golly dang, I didn't even realize I was speeding and passing in a no passing lane cause…golly gee…I…mean…golly gee…"

So... that makes police brutality okay?

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Shiranu on January 23, 2016, 10:01:24 PM
So... that makes police brutality okay?
Well yes, everyone knows that prejudices are automatically wrong and have no basis in reality. Please pay no attention to the beating on the video.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: Johan on January 23, 2016, 05:41:16 PM
How many in a day? A metric shit ton I'm guessing. How many get reported in the media? An incredibly small fraction of a percent.

If you feel that my post was suggesting that all cops are bad, or even most cops were bad, well then I guess I should have been more clear.

My words meant exactly what they said. That for nearly as long as we've had any form of police in this country, we've had some portion which abused their position in some way shape or form. Doesn't mean they're all bad. Doesn't mean most are bad. Does mean bad cops are not at all anything new.

Since you won't suggest it, I will.  Most cops are bad.

My reasoning is that cops should be held to a higher standard than non-cops.  And my reasoning is that a good cop actively arrests bad cops.  Truly bad cops might be a minority, but truly good one - the ones that arrest bad ones - are also a minority and are generally run off the force.  The rest, who don't arrest the bad ones, are accomplices and therefore bad as well.

"Your honor, I didn't kill the teller while robbing the bank.  I only drove the get-away car."
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

stromboli

The only lesson I have learned is that the biker had the better lawyer.

Johan

Quote from: Jason_Harvestdancer on January 23, 2016, 10:06:07 PM
Since you won't suggest it, I will.  Most cops are bad.

My reasoning is that cops should be held to a higher standard than non-cops.  And my reasoning is that a good cop actively arrests bad cops.  Truly bad cops might be a minority, but truly good one - the ones that arrest bad ones - are also a minority and are generally run off the force.  The rest, who don't arrest the bad ones, are accomplices and therefore bad as well.
I would not commit career suicide simply so I could remove one bad example from my chosen field. Therefore I would not expect anyone else to do so. If that makes me a bad person in your book, so be it.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful