News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Oregon Shooting

Started by josephpalazzo, October 01, 2015, 03:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: stromboli on October 01, 2015, 08:47:35 PM
If you want to see gun control happen, shoot Wayne LaPierre or one of the Koch brothers or a Republican congressman.
That would be poetic justice.  Never happen........................
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

JBCuzISaidSo

Quote from: stromboli on October 01, 2015, 08:47:35 PM
If you want to see gun control happen, shoot Wayne LaPierre or one of the Koch brothers or a Republican congressman.

Reagan, the Republican's Deity, argued for the 2nd Amendments "well regulated militia", and also lost in today's gun arena.

NO SHOOTING is going to stop anyone flailing about their gun rights these days. Obviously. So what else can we do as a society?
It’s a strange myth that atheists have nothing to live for. It’s the opposite. We have nothing to die for. We have everything to live for.
-- Ricky Gervais

Listen, Big Deal, we've got a bigger problem here. Women always figure out the truth. Always.
--Han Solo, The Force Awakens

stromboli

The latest and greatest. They are now saying the shooter was an atheist and was targeting Christians.

http://nypost.com/2015/10/01/oregon-gunman-singled-out-christians-during-rampage/

QuoteThe gunman who opened fire at an Oregon community college was forcing people to stand up and state their religion before he began blasting away at them, survivors said Thursday.
A woman who claimed to have a grandmother inside a writing class in Snyder Hall, where a portion the massacre unfolded, described the scene in a tweet.
“The shooter was lining people up and asking if they were Christian,” she wrote. “If they said yes, then they were shot in the head. If they said no, or didn’t answer, they were shot in the legs. My grandma just got to my house, and she was in the room. She wasn’t shot, but she is very upset.

Stick around. Shit's gonna get real.

Shiranu

Quote from: stromboli on October 01, 2015, 11:04:06 PM
The latest and greatest. They are now saying the shooter was an atheist and was targeting Christians.

http://nypost.com/2015/10/01/oregon-gunman-singled-out-christians-during-rampage/

Stick around. Shit's gonna get real.

(apologies For the capital Fs, have it on copy-paste...)

You know what, I'm going to be honest here...

...that wouldn't surprise me at all. There are a lot oF really just... weird... people who are atheists, who I think are attracted to it more For the counter-culture, anti-theist ("anti-normal") aspect than anything else. And even iF they aren't shooting up schools, they are giving atheists a terrible rap because they strike people as the type oF person whom would go and shoot up a school.

Frankly I we are going to hold religion to blame For political or "mentally ill" based violence then this is just as much atheism's Fault because it was For the sake oF his philosophy that he killed For. We cant have our cake and eat it too; either the mentally ill kill because they are mentally ill, or they kill For their worldviews, which means atheism can be just as violence as the next. And I would say that anti-theism is very much a catalyst For violence because oF it's black-and-white morality and over-the-top rhetoric.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: stromboli on October 01, 2015, 11:04:06 PM

An online dating site profile reported to be that of shooter lists him as "not religious spiritual" which doesn't sound atheist to me, but most religitards in this country don't know the difference between a Muslim and an atheist so it doesn't surprise me the term atheist is being thrown around.

The profile also lists him as conservative...

There is also a picture of him holding a rifle. It's a Ruger 10/22.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

stromboli

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on October 01, 2015, 11:27:20 PM
An online dating site profile reported to be that of shooter lists him as "not religious spiritual" which doesn't sound atheist to me, but most religitards in this country don't know the difference between a Muslim and an atheist so it doesn't surprise me the term atheist is being thrown around.

The profile also lists him as conservative...

There is also a picture of him holding a rifle. It's a Ruger 10/22.

Yeah. I expect the atheist aspect would get blown up by the media, regardless of what he was if he did indeed target Christians. More to the story. We'll see.

The Skeletal Atheist

Remember: now is not the time to talk about gun control.

Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

josephpalazzo

Why the attention on the shooter?

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Shiranu on October 01, 2015, 11:21:49 PM
(apologies For the capital Fs, have it on copy-paste...)

Just use Alt-159 Æ' or Alt-102 f

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Johan

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

aitm

Quote from: stromboli on October 01, 2015, 11:45:21 PM
http://heavy.com/news/2015/10/chris-harper-mercer-photos-pictures-roseburg-oregon-umpqua-community-college-shooter-family-facebook-twitter-instagram/2/

Conservative Republican

Zombie killer. I tell ya we need to ban those stupid movies. People go around thinking zombies exist. Right there is the problem with murica.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 02, 2015, 05:16:18 AM
Why the attention on the shooter?

Because others are already claiming he was a atheist with a liberal agenda of killing Christians...
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.