News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Oregon Shooting

Started by josephpalazzo, October 01, 2015, 03:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on October 02, 2015, 07:53:23 AM
Because others are already claiming he was a atheist with a liberal agenda of killing Christians...
Ask them if they'd still be outraged if he was a Christian targeting Muslims. Then get ready to laugh when they lie.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

josephpalazzo

Because others are already claiming he was a atheist with a liberal agenda of killing Christians...

He was spiritual and Republican... oh wait, WTF.

CrucifyCindy

ED is reporting that he was involved in Gamersgate and was a love shy MRA bronie.
“Rational thought is a failed experiment and should be phased out.”
 William S. Burroughs

حسن اÙ,,صباح - Ù,,يس هناك Ù...ا هو صحيح ØŒ ÙƒÙ,, شيء Ù...سÙ...وح به

Solitary

QuoteHe did it because he was an atheist with no moral compass dumb atheists. Moral Majority
You just know this is coming next.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Sal1981

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Sal1981 on October 02, 2015, 12:52:02 PM
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/10/02/forget-oregon-s-gunman-remember-the-hero-who-charged-straight-at-him.html

Same shit which should be done about all assholes who do atrocities out-to-be-famous; ignore them.

I hear but with 24/7 cable news, that's not going to happen.

CrucifyCindy

Oh c'mon. If this person was Christian or Muslim nutcase I really don't think you guys would be saying that we should just ignore him. I believe some of you would use his religious affiliation as some sort of proof that his entire religion is immoral and crazy. But since some in the media want to bandy about that he is an atheist (which is neither here or there if you ask me and most likely not true)  and anti-religious (which he was and that might hold heavy implications as to what the consequences of preaching anti-religious hate are ), you want to sweep the whole thing under the rug.
“Rational thought is a failed experiment and should be phased out.”
 William S. Burroughs

حسن اÙ,,صباح - Ù,,يس هناك Ù...ا هو صحيح ØŒ ÙƒÙ,, شيء Ù...سÙ...وح به

Baruch

Quote from: aitm on October 02, 2015, 07:32:42 AM

Zombie killer. I tell ya we need to ban those stupid movies. People go around thinking zombies exist. Right there is the problem with murica.

My observation of really conservative people I actually know ... is that zombies are the fill-in for the Blacks, Gays, Hispanics, etc ... that are the "Other" ... and whacking zombies (who couldn't have any civil rights at all) is an emotional outlet, a kind of snuff film, for those who would like to do to minorities what is portrayed in the zombie shows ;-(
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: aitm on October 02, 2015, 07:32:42 AM
Zombie killer. I tell ya we need to ban those stupid movies. People go around thinking zombies exist. Right there is the problem with murica.
...they don't?

Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on October 02, 2015, 07:59:37 PM
My observation of really conservative people I actually know ... is that zombies are the fill-in for the Blacks, Gays, Hispanics, etc ... that are the "Other" ... and whacking zombies (who couldn't have any civil rights at all) is an emotional outlet, a kind of snuff film, for those who would like to do to minorities what is portrayed in the zombie shows ;-(

Zombie movies are the apex of the apocalypse genre which seems to hold a certain appeal to rugged individualism types prominent in American culture.

SGOS

Zombies:  Animated rotting corpses eating the brains of the living.  How vile!  Who thought up the zombie persona, anyway?  It is probably the most stereotyped monster group in Hollywood.  With vampires, you never know exactly what they will do.  Will they be frightened by the cross?  Does garlic repel them?  You never know.  But Zombies are much easier to understand and predict.  As a group, you might say they lack individuality and have no creativity whatsoever.

SGOS

My first thought when I heard he asked people to identify their religious beliefs was that the media was looking for an atheist angle.  I was hoping he wouldn't be, and apparently he's more like one of those new age spiritual types.  None the less, he's hurting our image by not being a Christian.  People tend to forgive a Christian who goes berserk.  Non Christians are evil atheists, and prone to murder.

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on October 03, 2015, 06:16:49 AM
Zombies:  Animated rotting corpses eating the brains of the living.  How vile!  Who thought up the zombie persona, anyway?  It is probably the most stereotyped monster group in Hollywood.  With vampires, you never know exactly what they will do.  Will they be frightened by the cross?  Does garlic repel them?  You never know.  But Zombies are much easier to understand and predict.  As a group, you might say they lack individuality and have no creativity whatsoever.

Just like Hollywood script writers ... oh no, they are the zombies!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: SGOS on October 03, 2015, 06:27:31 AMNon Christians are evil atheists, and prone to murder.
"And if they don't believe in our Lord Jesus Christ they might as well be atheists because they're denying the True Word of God and refusing to allow the Holy Ghost to enter into their hearts and be saved. Damnation awaits those who deny the True Word of God."

Anybody want a complete set of relatives? Hardly used.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

hrdlr110

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 03, 2015, 07:41:36 AM
"And if they don't believe in our Lord Jesus Christ they might as well be atheists because they're denying the True Word of God and refusing to allow the Holy Ghost to enter into their hearts and be saved. Damnation awaits those who deny the True Word of God."

Anybody want a complete set of relatives? Hardly used.

That depends, bat shit crazy that I  know, and that have given up trying to convert me  or new bat shit crazy that may still think there is hope for me. .....hmmmmm, i think I'll stick with the bat shit crazy that i know!
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts