News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Does Privilege Matter?

Started by dtq123, July 22, 2015, 04:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 26, 2015, 06:08:13 PM
Whoa, my man.  This way too far along on your road.  This is not even close to my road.
I don't think God exists.  And I am sure that Jesus of the bible did not exist.  And I know that the bible is full of contradictions, bad ideas, and bad advise.  The bible is a collection of writings that was never meant to be cobbled together into a 'book'.  So, you see, we are universes apart.  You accept all that (what I deem as crap) on faith and belief.  I use science and reason for my assessment of my life and my universe.  I value empirical data, you don't.  I will make a couple of statements.  If you'd like to tackle one, pick it and carry on.  If not--have a 'good' life.

1.  There is no god or gods, or intelligence behind the universe we live in.
2.  The person you call Jesus Christ never existed.
3.  The bible is not a single document, but a cobbled together collection of writings that are arraigned in many different manners depending upon which religion you follow.  It is a totally a creation of men, not any kind of divinity.
Please, put your empirical data under but slight scrutiny with me. Ask me something that literally contradicts the theory of duality, or singular consciousness without actual thought with brain.

Faith in selfless Unity through Good

popsthebuilder

Did you thouroughly read without bias?

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on July 26, 2015, 06:27:33 PM
Did you thouroughly read without bias?

Yes, I did.  Did you?  Or have you read anything I have written?????
I don't find the bible as having any kind of authority in any area.  It is just man-made clap trap!  Jesus did not exist, and is as real as Bugs Bunny.  I don't want 'real' faith, for that means I will become willfully blind--and I don't like being blind in any situation.  I will not take advice from a clap-trap document, nor form Bugs Bunny.  Sorry.  Feel free to live your life in that manner--I will not.

I made three statements.  Take on any one of them, if you wish.  But I have a strong feeling that you will not. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

popsthebuilder

Mike CI,

Yes I has since I posted it.

I also read your numerous postulates.

Contrary to popular belief; true Faith eventually brings complete understanding and a heightened sense of awareness.

Old bugs bunny cartoons are still somewhat entertaining.

Thanks, hope I countered the points you were making. Sorry for the confusion.

aitm

Ah faith that the god who demanded his followers bash the heads of babies and rape little girls will grant you grace, ha good fucking luck with that
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on July 26, 2015, 06:52:21 PM
Mike CI,

Yes I has since I posted it.

I also read your numerous postulates.

Contrary to popular belief; true Faith eventually brings complete understanding and a heightened sense of awareness.

Old bugs bunny cartoons are still somewhat entertaining.

Thanks, hope I countered the points you were making. Sorry for the confusion.

Not only have you not countered any point I made, you have not even recognized them as points.  As for 'true faith' bringing anything but blindness, is totally unfounded.  You, my friend, is a prime example.  You are so blind that you cannot even acknowledge what my points were--much less address any of them.  That's about what I expected, tho. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

AllPurposeAtheist

Faith is the belief in the unbelievable no matter how much evidence piles up against it and even if will cost you your life and the lives of your entire family and everyone and everything you love.  Faith in the magic man in the sky who never uttered a single word, doesn't pay one iotas bit of attention to a damned thing anyone ever says or asks for and allows unmeasurable suffering to quite literally billions of people and somehow we're supposed to have faith that "he's" real and will make everything all better if only enough people will mutter the magic words. .
Hey, sounds like Donald Trump is calling again! 
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

popsthebuilder

God is the good and creation of all existence.

Crist is a state of being. Jesus was Crist. There will be a hole manner of people that will be the second coming of Crist.

It was written by men of faith. The  KJVbible, the new testament to be more clear, is currupted through translation by the Roman Catholic Church. It is the cause of much confusion between Christians.

Are those the things you were talking about?

Baruch

I agree that Heaven and Hell are states of being/mind/spirit ... not locations.  I appreciate Popsthebuilder for his psychological approach to reality.  What I don't share is the Pauline belief in faith as things unseen ... there are things unseen, but I don't have faith in them ... I concentrate on what I can see ... then faith (trust) isn't required ... just analysis.  Paul's expectation for an immediate eschaton, that would include both Jews and Gentiles ... was not realized.  Quite an idea, but it didn't go down that way ... in fact it went down really bad ... for the Roman legionaries that were caught in a dark alley in Jerusalem, and for all the Jewish people slaughtered by the Romans.  That apocalypse happened (eschaton is the more general term).  Eschaton means the apparent realization of G-d in history ... it isn't necessarily destructive.  Paul preached an inclusive non-destructive eschaton.  This is still a good idea IMHO ... but it hasn't been realized ... at least not yet.

From the POV of a mystic, the eschaton is already present.  This is the god that Jesus preached in the Gospel of Thomas.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: popsthebuilder on July 26, 2015, 08:41:31 PM
God is the good and creation of all existence.

Crist is a state of being. Jesus was Crist. There will be a hole manner of people that will be the second coming of Crist.

It was written by men of faith. The  KJVbible, the new testament to be more clear, is currupted through translation by the Roman Catholic Church. It is the cause of much confusion between Christians.

Are those the things you were talking about?

popsthebuilder

Quote from: aitm on July 26, 2015, 06:54:56 PM
Ah faith that the god who demanded his followers bash the heads of babies and rape little girls will grant you grace, ha good fucking luck with that
Lie much?

aitm

Quote from: popsthebuilder on July 27, 2015, 09:45:02 AM
Lie much?

thats what I thought, another follower who never bothered to read the babble.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

popsthebuilder

I have read much and comprehended all that I have read so far. I am sorry you have trouble with the comprehension of such. Try a more traditional, or less translated version.

Thank you.

popsthebuilder

All praise is to God.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: popsthebuilder on July 27, 2015, 10:08:33 AM
I have read much and comprehended all that I have read so far. I am sorry you have trouble with the comprehension of such. Try a more traditional, or less translated version.
AKA, one that reads the way you want it to read. Your bible must be about ten pages long.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers