What Does It Even Mean to Exist Forever?

Started by mikecool70, March 11, 2013, 02:05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alias

Quote from: "Colanth"
Quote from: "Alias"Thank you, it is about nothing and mind can not accept it, therefor it talks about nonsense as soon as it can not accept that there is nothing to understand.
Evidently you're not intelligent enough to understand.

If the mind can't understand it, there IS NOTHING to understand.

Making up sentences that have no meaning doesn't make you look superior, it makes you look infantile.

We are no thing, there is nothing behind body and mind and believing that we are body and mind is a symptom of an idea of our self that claims it, we call it person and some cant maintain being a person so they reach out for something that can free them selves.
It is the change of ones idea about ones self that gives rise to some peace for awhile.
I understand Jesus when he said, deny your self, take up your cross and follow me.
For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it.
He even expressed how it felt to give up the most close self that wants to be free.
My god my god, why have you forsaken me, no self, no god.
This i my view on "What Does It Even Mean to Exist Forever?".
That what is left does not come and go.
You dont have to waste more of your time on saying that you dont care about how i see it.

Colanth

Quote from: "Alias"
Quote from: "Alias"Thank you, it is about nothing and mind can not accept it, therefor it talks about nonsense as soon as it can not accept that there is nothing to understand.
Evidently you're not intelligent enough to understand.

If the mind can't understand it, there IS NOTHING to understand.

Making up sentences that have no meaning doesn't make you look superior, it makes you look infantile.

We are no thing, there is nothing behind body and mind and believing that we are body and mind is a symptom of an idea of our self that claims it, we call it person and some cant maintain being a person so they reach out for something that can free them selves.
It is the change of ones idea about ones self that gives rise to some peace for awhile.
I understand Jesus when he said, deny your self, take up your cross and follow me.
For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it.
He even expressed how it felt to give up the most close self that wants to be free.
My god my god, why have you forsaken me, no self, no god.
This i my view on "What Does It Even Mean to Exist Forever?".
That what is left does not come and go.
You dont have to waste more of your time on saying that you dont care about how i see it.
As I said, making things up makes you look infantile.  Now how about posting some actual EVIDENCE?  Not things other people claimed, actual evidence.  Like objective evidence (if you aren't sure exactly what that means, look it up before you make yourself look foolish) that a god, any god, objectively exists?  Or that "Jesus" was more than a Jewish sky-godlet myth (like Mithra was a Persion sky-godlet myth and Osiris was an Egyptian sky-godlet myth)?  (Remember, Paul never wrote about a MAN named YEshua, he wrote about someone who lived in the "seventh heaven" and came down to the "first heaven" to be killed.  The human Jesus was a later invention of those who invented modern, non-sky-godlet, Christianity.)

So ... evidence, or more nonsense?  Your choice.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Alias

Quote from: "Colanth"As I said, making things up makes you look infantile.  Now how about posting some actual EVIDENCE?  Not things other people claimed, actual evidence.  Like objective evidence (if you aren't sure exactly what that means, look it up before you make yourself look foolish) that a god, any god, objectively exists?  Or that "Jesus" was more than a Jewish sky-godlet myth (like Mithra was a Persion sky-godlet myth and Osiris was an Egyptian sky-godlet myth)?  (Remember, Paul never wrote about a MAN named YEshua, he wrote about someone who lived in the "seventh heaven" and came down to the "first heaven" to be killed.  The human Jesus was a later invention of those who invented modern, non-sky-godlet, Christianity.)

The subject is "What Does It Even Mean to Exist Forever?" and you want evidence?

Plu

QuoteThe subject is "What Does It Even Mean to Exist Forever?" and you want evidence?

We always want evidence. It's kinda our schtick, and it's sad that most of the world doesn't seem to care for evidence.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "entropy"never mind

Does it matter?

:-D

Colanth

Quote from: "Colanth"As I said, making things up makes you look infantile.  Now how about posting some actual EVIDENCE?  Not things other people claimed, actual evidence.  Like objective evidence (if you aren't sure exactly what that means, look it up before you make yourself look foolish) that a god, any god, objectively exists?  Or that "Jesus" was more than a Jewish sky-godlet myth (like Mithra was a Persion sky-godlet myth and Osiris was an Egyptian sky-godlet myth)?  (Remember, Paul never wrote about a MAN named YEshua, he wrote about someone who lived in the "seventh heaven" and came down to the "first heaven" to be killed.  The human Jesus was a later invention of those who invented modern, non-sky-godlet, Christianity.)

The subject is "What Does It Even Mean to Exist Forever?" and you want evidence?  
The subject is "What Does It Even Mean to Exist Forever?" and you bring up a make-believe godlet? That's what I want evidence for - the godlet you're talking about.

frosty

It was hard, but I eventually accepted mentally that I indeed will not exist forever. Our cavemen ancestors instilled the sense of survival into our genes.... a sense that is so strong that we wish to exist after we are dead. People want to live on and live forever, just as much as I'm assuming almost 100 percent of the users on this forum want to get out of bed in the morning and live their lives. It seems to be in our nature to want to live on forever and it seems like people struggle with eventually accepting that they will not.

Alias

Quote from: "Alias"The subject is "What Does It Even Mean to Exist Forever?" and you want evidence?
Quote from: "Colanth"The subject is "What Does It Even Mean to Exist Forever?" and you bring up a make-believe godlet? That's what I want evidence for - the godlet you're talking about.

Either we lean to "many expressing as the one", affecting each other with morale and laws, striving towards oneness
or we lean to "the one expressing as many", to notice that we are already one as we are.
We have a longing to feel complete and that longing comes from identification in body and mind though out of that comes person that is an idea.
You will have your evidence as you let go of maintaining person, half of a half second is enough.

Plu

Sounds like the typical theist reasoning. "Accept that I am right and the fact that I am right will immediately become clear."

Colanth

Quote from: "Alias"The subject is "What Does It Even Mean to Exist Forever?" and you want evidence?
Quote from: "Colanth"The subject is "What Does It Even Mean to Exist Forever?" and you bring up a make-believe godlet? That's what I want evidence for - the godlet you're talking about.

Either we lean to "many expressing as the one", affecting each other with morale and laws, striving towards oneness
or we lean to "the one expressing as many", to notice that we are already one as we are.
We have a longing to feel complete and that longing comes from identification in body and mind though out of that comes person that is an idea.
You will have your evidence as you let go of maintaining person, half of a half second is enough.
I'll have Bleu Cheese dressing on that salad, please.

Alias

I comes and goes.
What is left is what does not come and go, that what we are.
The idea of our self, whatever idea it is, veils the being, that what we are looking for with our idea of our self.

Maybe this can help you to know what it means to exist forever.

aitm

HA-HA dat was funny...
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

SGOS

What did he say?  It sounded like it was important, and I would like to respond, but I can't because I don't understand.  So obviously he must be smarter than me.  Dagummit!  Foiled by an incomprehensible statement... again!

Jason78

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark here and say that English is not Alias' first language.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato