Dr. Ruth: being naked with a man is like playing in traffic.

Started by Valigarmander, June 10, 2015, 05:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

This is my take on this.  We live in a man's world--literally.  I cannot think of a large society of any type in today's world where that is not so.  Men rule in almost any category one can think of.  My grandfather is the first one I remember pointing this out to me--and I listened to him.  So, all the rules of society are such they benefit the male part of the population; especially the sexual rules.  Men are allowed to act much more boldly and much more forcefully than the females.  Rape has little, or nothing, to do with sex.  It is about control and wielding of power.  Women use guile and physical charm and men use power and position in the area of sex.  Yes--all that I have said so far is a gross generalization and I meant it to be so--I'm talking about societal type things in general.

On a personal level, my wife and I can each initiate sex.  We can both stop at any point (and we have) without incurring any hurt feelings.  There are many reasons to start--and many reasons to stop.  And stop does not mean the other will never get it again.  It is just a postponement.  Or maybe a change in delivery--we may continue in a different manner.  Whatever, we both trust each other, so there is not problem.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Solitary

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on June 13, 2015, 08:28:18 PM
I'm sorry Spanky, but I have to live my own life. ..
https://youtu.be/MxIiJC9nDdQ

Sorry folks, but I can no longer take this thread as serious as it once was. .
Stop it APA your killing me, and I have to clean my monitor again.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 14, 2015, 09:00:32 AM
This is my take on this.  We live in a man's world--literally.  I cannot think of a large society of any type in today's world where that is not so.  Men rule in almost any category one can think of.  My grandfather is the first one I remember pointing this out to me--and I listened to him.  So, all the rules of society are such they benefit the male part of the population; especially the sexual rules.  Men are allowed to act much more boldly and much more forcefully than the females.  Rape has little, or nothing, to do with sex.  It is about control and wielding of power.  Women use guile and physical charm and men use power and position in the area of sex.  Yes--all that I have said so far is a gross generalization and I meant it to be so--I'm talking about societal type things in general.

Yes, that's why men think it is OK to go on in bed during sex when they are told to stop, while they can, and that it is not rape if they do, because in that position they are entitled to get their way, because they have a penis.

And society, everything from media, to movies, people -including women, because they are raised in the patriarchal rules too- telling them they have a 'right' to do this in different ways. Becaue they are men.

There are many things they are in a position to exploit. And most men perfectly KNOW this, but adamantly refuse to accept it. They attack feminists -as if you need to be feminist to see or object to this bullshit- and call anyone who says this out loud, man hater, femicunt, feminazi...etc. 

The male hypocrisy on this is astonishing. It's right out fascistic.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

Yes, it is astounding.  I have been astounded all my life by that fact.  And I raised my daughter to understand this concept as well.  Not all men buy into it, though.  But to suggest change will be swift and deep is a pipe dream.  It will change--but ever so slowly.  This male dominance comes from religion, but not exclusive of it.  It spills over into the nonreligious as well.  It is a complex subject and is woven very deeply in our societies. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Solitary

For DS---So we men here think it is OK to force ourselves on women because we live in a male dominated society according to you? Are you nuts, no male here has even suggested that, only that woman that put their selves in that position in such a society are either prick teasers, or really really stupid.  What would you do in the throws of an orgasm with a girl fucking you and you said stop and she didn't think of her? Did she rape you just because you said stop?  You sure do like to generalized that the men here are part of the problem of a rape culture even after we have pointed out that we think it is wrong to keep going when a woman says stop, and only think it is stupid for woman to get to the point of being naked in bed with a man and think by just saying no in such a culture he will stop. And as I have pointed out, rape is not about sex, but control, what many woman do to men that say stop just to show how horrible men are if they don't, proving "all" men are like that to support their man hating agendas.

aitm

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 14, 2015, 08:35:38 AM
snip
five pages of quotes where I never suggested any of the "bullshit" you keep making up as you go along. You've convinced yourself, what's left to do eh?

QuotePS I have made out with a woman and kissed another one. I haven't had sex with any. I'll give my report if I do.
well we damn well hope so!

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

drunkenshoe

Quote from: aitm on June 14, 2015, 11:03:59 AM
five pages of quotes where I never suggested any of the "bullshit" you keep making up as you go along. You've convinced yourself, what's left to do eh?

No, you were very pretty clear in the first post I have reacted. Go read it.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 14, 2015, 10:24:13 AM
Yes, it is astounding.  I have been astounded all my life by that fact.  And I raised my daughter to understand this concept as well.  Not all men buy into it, though.  But to suggest change will be swift and deep is a pipe dream.  It will change--but ever so slowly.  This male dominance comes from religion, but not exclusive of it.  It spills over into the nonreligious as well.  It is a complex subject and is woven very deeply in our societies.

Agreed. I know chnge won't be easy or quick as you said or deep at all. And thank you for not buying into this bullshit. There are a few others here that bullshit doesn't work on. For example, Shiranu. 

AllPurposeAtheist

Look folks,  the bullshit works on ALL OF US at some level whether we're aware of it or not.  Sitting in front of the computer or phone makes it really easy to sit and pretend we're all the enlightened people we like to think we are, but we all have to move along to the real world from time to time and confront lifes bullshit and it's not always so cut and dry, black and white the way it's so often made to seem online.
Sex is just one of lifes hypocrisies, but so is low wage, slavelike conditions our computers and cell phones are made in and yet each and every one of us is currently staring into a screen most likely made by low wage Chinese workers and nobody is railing against that as opposed to just tossing our devices in the trash.
We all know that the internal combustion engine is not good for the environment and yet I haven't heard to many of us ditching their cars in favor of the horse and buggy.
The list can go on and on and on. .
Nobody is rooting for rape to suddenly become legal so let's cut to the chase. .I'm not willing to shame anyone here for their views and I don't think anyone here has a beef with using a bit of common sense.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

TomFoolery

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on June 14, 2015, 01:04:49 PM
Sex is just one of lifes hypocrisies, but so is low wage, slavelike conditions our computers and cell phones are made in and yet each and every one of us is currently staring into a screen most likely made by low wage Chinese workers and nobody is railing against that as opposed to just tossing our devices in the trash.
We all know that the internal combustion engine is not good for the environment and yet I haven't heard to many of us ditching their cars in favor of the horse and buggy.
The list can go on and on and on. .

I see what you're saying, and I'll agree that I'm not without my own hypocrisies. However, these arguments you point out put us all in the same offending group. Us versus them.

If this forum had a lot of Chinese sweatshop workers on it trying to explain why they feel it's unfair that they're being exploited and we were all here telling them to deal with it, because that's how the world works, and if they really wanted to they could change themselves by finding some way out of an oppressive system of poverty, because we're not going to change, that would feel closer to what's going on here.

Because as a woman, when a bunch of men tell me to deal with it, because that's how the world works, and if I really wanted to they could change myself by constantly scrutinizing my clothing, behaviors and choices and NEVER making a mistake, because men not going to change, that makes me feel like men are more interested in accepting date rape as immutable fact of the world that they shouldn't bother to address, but should accept.

Sort of like the religions they spend countless posts on this forum hating on.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Mermaid

Quote from: TomFoolery on June 14, 2015, 01:50:30 PM
I see what you're saying, and I'll agree that I'm not without my own hypocrisies. However, these arguments you point out put us all in the same offending group. Us versus them.

If this forum had a lot of Chinese sweatshop workers on it trying to explain why they feel it's unfair that they're being exploited and we were all here telling them to deal with it, because that's how the world works, and if they really wanted to they could change themselves by finding some way out of an oppressive system of poverty, because we're not going to change, that would feel closer to what's going on here.

Because as a woman, when a bunch of men tell me to deal with it, because that's how the world works, and if I really wanted to they could change myself by constantly scrutinizing my clothing, behaviors and choices and NEVER making a mistake, because men not going to change, that makes me feel like men are more interested in accepting date rape as immutable fact of the world that they shouldn't bother to address, but should accept.

Sort of like the religions they spend countless posts on this forum hating on.
Thank you for putting this into such eloquent words.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

the_antithesis

Quote from: Solitary on June 10, 2015, 09:58:52 PM
How many women get a kick out of getting a guy aroused and then say no for the fun of it? We used to call them prick teasers. Why would any woman lead a man on until they are naked in bed and say no unless she is being an ass? Would a guy do that?

I would.

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

AllPurposeAtheist

I've seen nobody suggest that women should just deal with it  when it comes to rape and by the way women aren't the only victims of rape. If anything men are more likely to be told to just deal with it if taped...err..raped. I think what the issue is is whether or not people are using sense in respect to their sexuality. Many do not. That alone runs the gamut from being careful to plain outright stupidity.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary