Can You Say "Sodomite Suppression Act?"

Started by stromboli, March 02, 2015, 11:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/03/california-lawyer-files-papers-for-sodomite-suppression-act-to-save-state-from-gods-just-wrath/

QuoteActing on a tip from a reader, the editors at Wonkette have uncovered papers filed with the California Attorney General’s Office by a Huntington Beach attorney, calling for a proposed ballot initiative called  “The Sodomite Suppression Act,” which he hopes will save the Golden State from “God’s just wrath.”

The filing, along with a check for $200, will allow attorney Matthew McLaughlin to begin the process of collecting the approximately 365,000 signatures needed to put the measure before California  voters on an upcoming ballot.

According to McLaughlin’s filing, “The abominable crime against nature known as buggery, called also sodomy, is a monstrous evil that Almighty God, giver of freedom and liberty, commands us to suppress on pain of our utter destruction even as he overthrew Sodom and Gomorrha.”

Saying that it is better if offenders (“sodomites”) be put to death rather than “all of us should be killed by God’s just wrath against us for tolerating wickedness in our midst,” the attorney proposes that “any person who willingly touches another person of the same gender for purposes of sexual gratification be put to death by bullets to the head or by any other convenient method.”

While a federal judge struck down California’s death penalty as unconstitutional in 2014, McLaughlin has that covered.

“This law is effective immediately and shall not be rendered ineffective or invalidated by any court, state or federal, until heard by a quorum of the Supreme Court of California consisting only of judges who are neither sodomites nor subject to disqualification hereunder.”

McLaughlin’s law would also call for anyone who “distributes, performs, or transmits any sodomistic propaganda” to be fined $1 million and imprisoned for up to ten years for occurrence,” after which they would be cast from the state. Additionally, the law  ban all sodomites, and those who promote sodomy, from holding political office.

As noted at Wonkette, McLaughlin previously filed papers in 2004, seeking a ballot measure to provide public school students with a Bible as a literary text which, thus far, has failed to appear on a ballot for the voters consideration.

Boy howdy boys and girls. Looks like this dude has got buttfucking sodomy seriously stuck in his ass backside rectum craw. Can we not opine as to what California lawyer will in the near future come out as "tempted" by the pleasures of gay sex?

PopeyesPappy

I propose a ballot measure where we strip this guy naked, spray him with glue, roll him in pot then turn him loose in the Utah wilderness for the rabbits to deal with.

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

stromboli

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on March 02, 2015, 11:36:22 PM
I propose a ballot measure where we strip this guy naked, spray him with glue, roll him in pot then turn him loose in the Utah wilderness for the rabbits to deal with.

By golly I think you've got something there.

AllPurposeAtheist

Wait! What about an Odanism law to protect California from this jerk off?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

The Skeletal Atheist

How about a law that allows public gay sex in front of this guy's house, and only his house.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Hydra009

QuoteAlmighty God, giver of freedom and liberty
Freedom and liberty?  Even ignoring the fact that this is manifestly not true (King of Kings ring a bell?  Yeah, God didn't show up for the Tennis Court Oath or the Philadelphia Convention) what the hell is the difference between freedom and liberty?!

liberty:  The condition of being free from control or restrictions.
    The condition of being free from imprisonment, slavery or forced labour.

freedom:  The lack of a specific constraint, or of constraints in general; a state of being free, unconstrained
The state of being free, of not being imprisoned or enslaved.

hrdlr110

I'd do a guy right on his front lawn, in broad daylight, while his dog and children watched, then spoon cuddle and pash for another 30 minutes after orgasm! And I'm straight!
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

Munch

The rednecks are becoming even more desperate
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

caseagainstfaith

So, this is being initiated by attorney Matthew McLaughlin?  I'm so glad his law school taught he so much about how the legal system works!   :wall:
Please visit my site at http://www.caseagainstfaith.com  featuring critiques of Lee Strobel and other apologetics.

stromboli

California. Lots of Mormons lining up to sign up. This is a much, much dumber version of Prop 8. As asinine, backward, retarded, mentally deficient, pinheaded. That kind of dumb.

Munch

Why can't their be something design to round up all mormons into a community, and shove them in a closed of area of land, or an underground bunker, you know like amish, where they stay in there own backwards community and don't bother anyone else, and people who are born amish can even choose to leave it if they happen to be more progressive then their own lot.

Lets get all mormons and stick them in a similar situation, they're be happy, and we're be happy we don't have to listen to their crap anymore.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Atheon

Yup, Matthew McLaughlin is yet another self-loathing gay dude. Seems like half of the Repube Party is made of them.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

stromboli

Just to let you know, Mormonism is pretty much either static or on the decline. Even Utah has less than 60% Mormons, every other state and country much less than that.

Oh, btw; gay doesn't exist with Mormons. It is now "same gender attraction".  :biggrin:

Somewhere in this world is a Mormon missionary jerking off in a bathroom because by being paired with another male he discovered he can no longer deny being gay; and hating himself the whole time. How incredibly sad.

aitm

QuoteThe abominable crime against nature known as buggery,

I  can't help everytime I see that word....buggery...LOLOLO.....er...L
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust