Catholic Birth
Broken Family in my Youth
near death car accident in my Youth
Studied Martial arts in my Youth
Discovered the "mushin" of "Bushido" in my Youth
searched out 'seizen' meditation in my Youth
learnt TM Meditation in my Youth
read the "Tao te ching" in my Youth
searched out, as per a book index: "Ancient Indian Boxing" [source of Shalon temple Kung-fu]
discovered the bhagavad-gita [but only chapters 1 to 6 by Maharshi Mehesh Yogi].
and then finally, when I encountered a Covert Hare Krishna with a sack of Vedic Translation books and the "Back to Godhead Magazine" ---I leafed through the Magazine on the spot--- upon which moment I spotted the following term:

"The Supreme Personality Of Godhead".

I stared at this Hare Krishna "book distributor" making his rounds,
and exclaimed, "Do you realise what you are implying here with the use of the term, *The Supreme Personality Of Godhead*? Can you substantiate this? Is this in the Gita?"

I do not remember his specific reply to my excited exclamation; maybe because I then asked another question of him,

"Btw, do you Know who 'Krishna' is? You know, the guy from the Gita?"
He said, "yes".
-
Btw, as a result, I still have the same affection and unending respect for the RC Church all the more for what I know now of the Path.
I encountered a Covert Hare Krishna "book distributor". In his book I spotted the term: "The Supreme Personality Of Godhead". I exclaimed "Do you realise what you are implying here with the term "Supreme Personality Of Godhead"? Can you substantiate this?

aitm

Welcome. I read Superman in my youth. Eventually found out that despite ones wishes and desires, dat shit ain't real.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

bhaktajan

I can see that being very traumatic for you.

After all Steve Reeves shot himself dead and he lived a life not more elevated than Gumby & pokey's adventures & expeditions. And then there was the other Reeves that became crippled after the horse fall.

Where you drafted to Korea, Vietnam? A surviving 60's 70's Heroine & Coke addict? Almost overtaken by the Aid crisis?

Un-resolved childhood conflicts can linger for life! Just see how California laws allow for old molestation cases to be pursued [ie latest Bill Cosby Allegations]

I hope yall have had a chance to address any un-resolved conflicts that are still lingering,

Best well wishes for a full recovery . of your 'sva-rupa'
I encountered a Covert Hare Krishna "book distributor". In his book I spotted the term: "The Supreme Personality Of Godhead". I exclaimed "Do you realise what you are implying here with the term "Supreme Personality Of Godhead"? Can you substantiate this?

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hakurei Reimu

Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

PickelledEggs

1: welcome
2: :popcorn:

Sent from your mom.

stromboli

Welcome. I've read from the Bhagavad Gita and the Rig Veda. Bottom line, O traveler in the mist, is your path is what you define it to be. What YOU define it to be. That makes YOU the center of your universe. Because you are the center of the universe, you define what path you will travel. Not through the will or whim of a god but by your own choosing.

मà¤,च तीर्थ मेà¤, आपका स्वागत है

aitm

Quote from: bhaktajan on December 03, 2014, 09:48:00 AM
I can see that being very traumatic for you.

After all Steve Reeves shot himself dead and he lived a life not more elevated than Gumby & pokey's adventures & expeditions. And then there was the other Reeves that became crippled after the horse fall.

Where you drafted to Korea, Vietnam? A surviving 60's 70's Heroine & Coke addict? Almost overtaken by the Aid crisis?

Un-resolved childhood conflicts can linger for life! Just see how California laws allow for old molestation cases to be pursued [ie latest Bill Cosby Allegations]

I hope yall have had a chance to address any un-resolved conflicts that are still lingering,

Best well wishes for a full recovery . of your 'sva-rupa'
Thanks, I can see where the hairy krishney comes into play
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

AllPurposeAtheist

You must live in an airport. Airports are breeding grounds for Hairy Kristnas.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Desdinova

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on December 03, 2014, 11:20:27 AM

Nah, this guy lives in his mom's basement.

"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Green Bottle

Aftrnoon and Welcome,
We used to see ''Harry's regularly around the streets of Glasgow but not any more, been years since i saw any. :shifty:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

GrinningYMIR

Don't underestimate the powah of Gumby
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

bhaktajan

Quote from: stromboli on December 03, 2014, 11:04:55 AM
Welcome. I've read from the Bhagavad Gita and the Rig Veda. Bottom line, O traveler in the mist, is your path is what you define it to be. What YOU define it to be. That makes YOU the center of your universe. Because you are the center of the universe, you define what path you will travel. Not through the will or whim of a god but by your own choosing.

मà¤,च तीर्थ मेà¤, आपका स्वागत है

mam cha tirtha mem aapakaa sva-agata how ---is this a buddhist saying?

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Your path is what you define it to be.
<I dis-agree. that's a new-age bourgeois blase poetry.

Think of all the people of ancient Rome . . . each lived out his "destiny" Did he Not? Same goes for 99% of the world population during WW1 & WW2. Did they Not? The famous Anne Frank lived out her "destiny" Did she Not?>

What YOU define it to be.
<Not in my experience ---we work with the machine we have at hand ---passed down by those that went before us ---and later we assume the helm>

That makes YOU the center of your universe.
<But every call of nature has me cow-towing and asking please ---even traffic, the rent, and the weather too keep me under the clock>

Because you are the center of the universe, you define what path you will travel.
<Ahhh... what happened the most famous herald RAT-RACE of yesteryear? Have you escaped it to be a fulltime surfer? A full-time Amish Farmer?>

Not through the will or whim of a god but by your own choosing.
<How would you know? What "Authority" tells you this maxim?>

bhaktajan

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on December 03, 2014, 11:20:27 AM

Yes that's funny and Un-informed + bitter-sweet.

My understanding is that such airport solicitations have been banned nationwide since approx 1991.

Ergo we know who has been watching "Airport" repeatedly over the decades.

btw: "hare" "krishna" ARE BOTH SANSKRIT WORDS.

bhaktajan

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on December 03, 2014, 11:48:27 AM
Don't underestimate the powah of Gumby

We live a Gumby-Pokey life of sojourning in a field of endless kitch with no end ---since time-immemorial ---"chewing the Cud" ["repeatedly chewing the same Cud"].

Similarly the endless stream of humanity engages itself with whimsical sense-gratification and nothing more sublime than its ego ---till death do we part ---and bump into the same stumbling blocks; for the constituent composition of the soul (non-material energy Self of one's own POV) is TO BE ALWAYS ACTIVE BY NATURE.

There is NO SUCH THING AS NIRVANA.