Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hurray for Atheist

Started by bhaktajan, December 03, 2014, 09:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

Quote from: bhaktajan on December 03, 2014, 12:09:20 PM
---"chewing the Cud.

my un krishy mind read "spewing the crud" LOLOL.. I guess I need to read some more splickety-splack.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

bhaktajan

Quote from: aitm on December 03, 2014, 12:24:24 PM
my un krishy mind read "spewing the crud" LOLOL.. I guess I need to read some more splickety-splack.

aitm has 12 thousand posts.

Is this an example of those thousands?

I am lucid and erudite if I wasn't I would not pretend I was.

NOTE: I choose my words very well ---for the pleasure of those in the know.
I encountered a Covert Hare Krishna "book distributor". In his book I spotted the term: "The Supreme Personality Of Godhead". I exclaimed "Do you realise what you are implying here with the term "Supreme Personality Of Godhead"? Can you substantiate this?

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

PickelledEggs

Quote from: bhaktajan on December 03, 2014, 12:39:58 PM

Lol! Oh yeah?

Sent from your mom.

GrinningYMIR

I'm reading English and yet I can't understand what the devil this man is saying
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: bhaktajan on December 03, 2014, 09:14:03 AM
A bit about me:
Catholic Birth
Broken Family in my Youth
near death car accident in my Youth
Studied Martial arts in my Youth
Discovered the "mushin" of "Bushido" in my Youth
searched out 'seizen' meditation in my Youth
learnt TM Meditation in my Youth
read the "Tao te ching" in my Youth
searched out, as per a book index: "Ancient Indian Boxing" [source of Shalon temple Kung-fu]
discovered the bhagavad-gita [but only chapters 1 to 6 by Maharshi Mehesh Yogi].
and then finally, when I encountered a Covert Hare Krishna with a sack of Vedic Translation books and the "Back to Godhead Magazine" ---I leafed through the Magazine on the spot--- upon which moment I spotted the following term:

"The Supreme Personality Of Godhead".

I stared at this Hare Krishna "book distributor" making his rounds,
and exclaimed, "Do you realise what you are implying here with the use of the term, *The Supreme Personality Of Godhead*? Can you substantiate this? Is this in the Gita?"

I do not remember his specific reply to my excited exclamation; maybe because I then asked another question of him,

"Btw, do you Know who 'Krishna' is? You know, the guy from the Gita?"
He said, "yes".
-
Btw, as a result, I still have the same affection and unending respect for the RC Church all the more for what I know now of the Path.

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

I found a picture of bhaktajan on the internet:

Brian37

Welcome.

I have to say that in my 13 years of online debating all religions, I do not give Asian and Oriental religions a pass either. All religions in reality, are nothing more than artificial reflections of our species evolutionary grouping to create social order.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Solitary

Quote from: bhaktajan on December 03, 2014, 09:48:00 AM
I can see that being very traumatic for you.

After all Steve Reeves shot himself dead and he lived a life not more elevated than Gumby & pokey's adventures & expeditions. And then there was the other Reeves that became crippled after the horse fall.

Where you drafted to Korea, Vietnam? A surviving 60's 70's Heroine & Coke addict? Almost overtaken by the Aid crisis?

Un-resolved childhood conflicts can linger for life! Just see how California laws allow for old molestation cases to be pursued [ie latest Bill Cosby Allegations]

I hope yall have had a chance to address any un-resolved conflicts that are still lingering,

Best well wishes for a full recovery . of your 'sva-rupa'
Steve Reeves died from cancer, the Reeves you are talking about was Super Man on TV---get your facts straight! Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Green Bottle

''Quote''

Those in the know
know what they know because, well
they just know
but you dont       :rolleyes:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

stromboli

Quote from: Green Bottle on December 04, 2014, 11:19:27 AM
''Quote''

Those in the know
know what they know because, well
they just know
but you dont       :rolleyes:

Wow, that was almost poetry.  :biggrin:

Green Bottle

As soon as i saw the quote, i just knew, what the reply would be............. :pidu:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Jason78

Quote from: bhaktajan on December 03, 2014, 09:14:03 AM
A bit about me:
Catholic Birth
Broken Family in my Youth
near death car accident in my Youth
Studied Martial arts in my Youth
Discovered the "mushin" of "Bushido" in my Youth
searched out 'seizen' meditation in my Youth
learnt TM Meditation in my Youth
read the "Tao te ching" in my Youth
searched out, as per a book index: "Ancient Indian Boxing" [source of Shalon temple Kung-fu]
discovered the bhagavad-gita [but only chapters 1 to 6 by Maharshi Mehesh Yogi].
and then finally, when I encountered a Covert Hare Krishna with a sack of Vedic Translation books and the "Back to Godhead Magazine" ---I leafed through the Magazine on the spot--- upon which moment I spotted the following term:

"The Supreme Personality Of Godhead".

I stared at this Hare Krishna "book distributor" making his rounds,
and exclaimed, "Do you realise what you are implying here with the use of the term, *The Supreme Personality Of Godhead*? Can you substantiate this? Is this in the Gita?"

I do not remember his specific reply to my excited exclamation; maybe because I then asked another question of him,

"Btw, do you Know who 'Krishna' is? You know, the guy from the Gita?"
He said, "yes".
-
Btw, as a result, I still have the same affection and unending respect for the RC Church all the more for what I know now of the Path.

Hello and welcome to the forum :)
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

bhaktajan

Quote from: Solitary on December 04, 2014, 09:32:06 AM
Steve Reeves died from cancer, the Reeves you are talking about was Super Man on TV---get your facts straight! Solitary

I said:
a] Steve CORRECTION: "George" Reeves [Super Man on TV in 1950s] shot himself dead
and
b] And then there was the other Reeves CORRECTION: "Christopher Reeve" NOT Reeves [American actor who played Superman in 1980s] that became crippled after FALLING OFF A horse.

NOW PUT IT BACK INTO THE CONTEXT I FIRST WROTE OF--- And your work is done.
I encountered a Covert Hare Krishna "book distributor". In his book I spotted the term: "The Supreme Personality Of Godhead". I exclaimed "Do you realise what you are implying here with the term "Supreme Personality Of Godhead"? Can you substantiate this?

Johan

Welcome. I learned to masturbate in my youth. A lot.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful