News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hurray for Atheist

Started by bhaktajan, December 03, 2014, 09:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moralnihilist

Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

Berati

Quote from: bhaktajan on December 03, 2014, 09:14:03 AM
A bit about me:
Catholic Birth
Broken Family in my Youth
near death car accident in my Youth
Studied Martial arts in my Youth
Discovered the "mushin" of "Bushido" in my Youth
searched out 'seizen' meditation in my Youth
learnt TM Meditation in my Youth
read the "Tao te ching" in my Youth
searched out, as per a book index: "Ancient Indian Boxing" [source of Shalon temple Kung-fu]
discovered the bhagavad-gita [but only chapters 1 to 6 by Maharshi Mehesh Yogi].
and then finally, when I encountered a Covert Hare Krishna with a sack of Vedic Translation books and the "Back to Godhead Magazine" ---I leafed through the Magazine on the spot--- upon which moment I spotted the following term:

"The Supreme Personality Of Godhead".

I stared at this Hare Krishna "book distributor" making his rounds,
and exclaimed, "Do you realise what you are implying here with the use of the term, *The Supreme Personality Of Godhead*? Can you substantiate this? Is this in the Gita?"

I do not remember his specific reply to my excited exclamation; maybe because I then asked another question of him,

"Btw, do you Know who 'Krishna' is? You know, the guy from the Gita?"
He said, "yes".
-
Btw, as a result, I still have the same affection and unending respect for the RC Church all the more for what I know now of the Path.
Hurray for Atheist!
Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

AllPurposeAtheist

In the time it took me to read this thread I died and was reincarnated into a high priest, died again and reincarnated back to my old self.. I must have missed something in translation along the way. :think:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Berati

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on December 06, 2014, 09:33:09 AM
In the time it took me to read this thread I died and was reincarnated into a high priest, died again and reincarnated back to my old self.. I must have missed something in translation along the way. :think:
Hurray for Atheist?
Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

stromboli

So.... apparently Bhaktajan would follow this guy to the ends of the earth. I wouldn't follow him to the other side of the room.  :biggrin:

Berati

Quote from: stromboli on December 06, 2014, 11:31:07 AM

So.... apparently Bhaktajan would follow this guy to the ends of the earth. I wouldn't follow him to the other side of the room.  :biggrin:

My least favorite religious nutjob is the Woo Artist.
In my experience they are always extremely arrogant as is Bhaktajan.
Carl Sagan

Fidel_Castronaut

hare krishna hare krishna hare krishna hare krishna hare krishna hare krishna hare krishna hare krishna hare krishna hare krishna hare krishna
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Fidel_Castronaut on December 08, 2014, 07:47:32 AM
hare krishna hare krishna hare krishna hare krishna hare krishna hare krishna hare krishna hare krishna hare krishna hare krishna hare krishna
Hey Fidel..long time no see.. Glad you were reincarnated from the missing..

AllPurposeAtheist

Solitary

Fidel_Castronaut, good to see you stopping by! As you can see we still have chew toys sewing their drivel. Solitary AKA Kiang.  :cool:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Gerard

Good to see you again! I thought you changed your username into..... Oh well I forgot. I've been away for a while.....

hare rama,

Gerard

PickelledEggs

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?

Gerard

PickelledEggs

Gerard

Quote from: PickelledEggs on December 08, 2014, 02:26:25 PM
Makes sense. :lol:
Probably a cigar shaped Cuban spaceship. That makes even more (or less) sense...

Gerard