News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Thoughts on Bronies

Started by Munch, October 24, 2014, 02:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sal1981

Quote from: Baruch on November 19, 2015, 01:01:24 AM
What ... you have never dreamed of being the most precious toy of a girl toddler?  Has you inner child forgotten how fun it was to imagine that your toys are alive?
1 Corinthians 13:11

I once wanted an expensive Lego car which you could drive like a regular remote-controlled battery-operated toy car. I do not any more.

I still watch cartoons though, like Adventure Time, Family Guy and others.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Sal1981 on November 20, 2015, 01:32:55 AMI still watch cartoons though, like Adventure Time, Family Guy and others.
I, too, still watch cartoons.

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Sal1981

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on November 20, 2015, 08:11:15 AM

Most hentai is "boringly", or whatever, drawn. Particularly the TV-series hentai.

Munch

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on November 20, 2015, 08:11:15 AM

And I still read comic books ^^

[spoiler][/spoiler]
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Gerard

Perhaps the ponies have changed since we first encountered them or became funnier or otherwise more enjoyable for some male adults...... What the h*ll do I know......

Gerard

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: Munch on November 20, 2015, 01:59:24 PM
And I still read comic books ^^

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Love the use of fluttershy there
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

aitm

Quote from: Munch on November 19, 2015, 05:37:13 PM

there really isn't anything more weird or creepy about ... football fans

*sputters* well......buh.....ah.....THATS FIGHTING WORDS!!!

If you were three foot shorter and 150 lbs lighter I 'd kick yer ass...
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Munch

Quote from: aitm on November 20, 2015, 02:54:29 PM
*sputters* well......buh.....ah.....THATS FIGHTING WORDS!!!

If you were three foot shorter and 150 lbs lighter I 'd kick yer ass...

Munch

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on November 20, 2015, 02:22:24 PM

Always there when your talking about fing and jing and forcing a inside a

Baruch

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on November 20, 2015, 02:22:24 PM

Cross-culturally, that reminded me of the demon king Ravana ravashing Sita, the wife of king Rama.  In the end of the Ramayana ... Sita gets exiled, because of etiquette ... but maybe it was because she didn't fight the rape by Ravana hard enough?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Gerard on November 20, 2015, 02:14:48 PMPerhaps the ponies have changed since we first encountered them or became funnier or otherwise more enjoyable for some male adults......
They really have.  It's like 1960s Spider-man cartoon VS its 90s counterpart.  HUGE difference.

Munch

don't forget too..

WHY HASBRO... WHY???!!!

That said, then we wouldn't have this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMMofOPRo7A

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

FaithIsFilth

Ponies and unicorns are taking over the entertainment industry. They are freaking everywhere it seems. When I was younger, the definition of badass was to drink beer, wear black and tell authority figures to fuck off (Steve Austin). The younger generation is flipping that on it's head. Badass now is wearing pink and riding around on a stuffed unicorn. I've got to agree with the younger generation. This group of guys is the best thing going right now in pro wrestling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V0fje7WGKE

Hydra009

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on November 23, 2015, 10:39:05 PMPonies and unicorns are taking over the entertainment industry. They are freaking everywhere it seems.
If by everywhere, you mean a small niche on the internet and a smattering of conventions, then I guess they're "everywhere".  No, Rainbow Dash and Applejack are not household names and if you asked random adults about FiM, they either wouldn't have a clue what you're talking about or would react as if you were talking about the mlp show from 20 years ago.  Once in a blue moon, you'd find a brony.  On this very thread, there's only maybe half a dozen people who have even watched the show.  Just saying, you might be overselling FiM's presence a little bit.

QuoteWhen I was younger, the definition of badass was to drink beer, wear black and tell authority figures to fuck off (Steve Austin). The younger generation is flipping that on it's head. Badass now is wearing pink and riding around on a stuffed unicorn.
Firstly, when I think of badass, I tend to think that of that guy who stood in front of that tank column in China or Erik the Red or Spartacus or Bruce Lee.  Or fictional people like Rick Grimes or Stannis the Mannis.  Generally speaking, I don't closely associate being badass with drinking beer or wearing black or professional wrestling.  I dunno.  Maybe that's just me.

Secondly, being macho is not the same thing as being manly.  I could elaborate, but I think Ron Swanson covered it nicely.

Thirdly, would it satisfy you to learn that I also heartily enjoy genetically-engineered supersoldiers in power armor slaughtering their way through hordes of aliens and knights fighting dragons and epic space battles?  And yes, I also adore cute little puppies and magic ponies when the mood strikes me.  Believe it or not, it is somehow possible to branch out into different things - perhaps even things not typically associated with boys - and not be effeminate.