Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Thoughts on Bronies

Started by Munch, October 24, 2014, 02:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconic Aiur

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 15, 2015, 03:14:07 AM
Have you guys seen the CMC episode, Crusaders of the Lost Mark?

Two thoughts:
1) Man, these Democratic caucuses are getting pretty rough.
2) OFMG guys.  It's happening!  It's totally happening!  The feels!  Oh the feels!  Must...not...happy cry...

I'm so proud of them
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Munch

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 15, 2015, 03:14:07 AM
Have you guys seen the CMC episode, Crusaders of the Lost Mark?

Two thoughts:
1) Man, these Democratic caucuses are getting pretty rough.
2) OFMG guys.  It's happening!  It's totally happening!  The feels!  Oh the feels!  Must...not...happy cry...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m317s4u5e_Q

1 - great choice for the cmc's cutie marks
2 - Does this mean I can't insult diamond tiara and silverspoon anymore now they've reformed? Guess if they reformed sunset shimmer it'll be the same.
3 - Maybe I can instead just call her mother Spoiled Bitch instead of Spoiled Rich (seriously, thats a name?)
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Jack89

My thoughts on Bronies?  They're creepy and make me feel uncomfortable.  There, I've said it.

Baruch

Quote from: Jack89 on November 19, 2015, 12:10:32 AM
My thoughts on Bronies?  They're creepy and make me feel uncomfortable.  There, I've said it.

What ... you have never dreamed of being the most precious toy of a girl toddler?  Has you inner child forgotten how fun it was to imagine that your toys are alive?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Quote from: Jack89 on November 19, 2015, 12:10:32 AMMy thoughts on Bronies?  They're creepy and make me feel uncomfortable.  There, I've said it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUanV5K9JSE

Look at this den of depraved weirdos!  Disgusting!  Run, before they love and tolerate you, too!

Hijiri Byakuren

If something like this happened, I would totally watch some more MLP (besides the one with John DeLancie I've already seen).

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Munch

wait is that deadpool pony? Well him and pinky would make good friends.

QuoteMy thoughts on Bronies?  They're creepy and make me feel uncomfortable.  There, I've said it.

there really isn't anything more weird or creepy about bronies then trekkies, warsies, comic book fans, gaming nerds or football fans, its a gathering of people with a shared interest.

Someone in a video pointed out recently how the reason why shows like mlp, steven universe and adventure time are so popular is because there is actual focus on making in depth characters and backstory to what they write now, instead of just turning out another product for the purpose of selling shit (which hasbro does, but at least with mlp it does it with style).

Bronies are just people who like a fandom and not afraid to show it, the same as when warsies dress up in jedi costumes or when furries dress up in furry costumes.

There are creepy things in the world that are actually creepy, this isn't one of them.

Jack89

Quote from: Munch on November 19, 2015, 05:37:13 PM
there really isn't anything more weird or creepy about bronies then trekkies, warsies, comic book fans, gaming nerds or football fans, its a gathering of people with a shared interest.

I'll admit that I haven't had much exposure to Bronies, but when grown men get obsessed with something small children are into, well, I get a little wary.  It doesn't seem the same as Trekkies or your typical Comic Con fan type.  I get those guys.  But there is a distinct pedo alarm that goes off in my head when I see Bronies.  It must be that overly protective father instinct.

Mr.Obvious

Nah... While I don't get the Brony-thing I would think most pedo's would do their best to not be associated as one. At least not going to conventions dressed like a pony-furry and declaring their love for the show to all who can hear  and declaring it proudly online. Truth is I'd wager most people look at that kind of behavior and think of it as strange and weird.  And a lot of people would associate it with that. But a pedo would do his best not to be noticed, to not stand out, to not be associated with something that might make him/her look like a pedophile. And joining the bronies and declaring that out loud would thus be to attract just that kind of attention.

Unless it's a double-bluff, in which case... our children are fucked.

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Munch

Quote from: Jack89 on November 19, 2015, 06:57:59 PM
I'll admit that I haven't had much exposure to Bronies, but when grown men get obsessed with something small children are into, well, I get a little wary.  It doesn't seem the same as Trekkies or your typical Comic Con fan type.  I get those guys.  But there is a distinct pedo alarm that goes off in my head when I see Bronies.  It must be that overly protective father instinct.

my nephews into spiderman, he's only 5, and yet full grown men read spiderman comics.

Baruch

That's because those full grown men wish they had a girlfriend like Mary Jane ;-)  ... and can repeat pickup lines like ... "haven't I seen you around the World Wide Web?" ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Baruch on November 19, 2015, 07:48:13 PM
That's because those full grown men wish they had a girlfriend like Mary Jane ;-)  ... and can repeat pickup lines like ... "haven't I seen you around the World Wide Web?" ;-))

That is until you discover that which shall not be named

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Hydra009

Quote from: Jack89 on November 19, 2015, 06:57:59 PM
I'll admit that I haven't had much exposure to Bronies, but when grown men get obsessed with something small children are into, well, I get a little wary.
I still like Star Wars, TMNT, Marvel, and Gundam.  Those all have lots of fans who are children as well as adult fans.  MLP is no different in that regard.