News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 10, 2015, 04:22:08 PM
I don't like hipsters either. But why bash the beard. Don't touch the beard. Mmmm.

Lol, I don't have a clue about hipsters. There are probably some people on here that identify as such, so I won't criticize.

stromboli

Hydra009

drunkenshoe

Quote from: stromboli on June 10, 2015, 06:48:04 PM
Lol, I don't have a clue about hipsters. There are probably some people on here that identify as such, so I won't criticize.
The hipster stereotype:

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 11, 2015, 08:52:57 AM
The hipster stereotype:

I see those as redneck/hicks.  Hipsters should have bongo drums and be reading weird poetry.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 11, 2015, 08:57:26 AM
I see those as redneck/hicks.  Hipsters should have bongo drums and be reading weird poetry.

LOL, apparently I don't know them either. This is what we have around here.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 11, 2015, 11:36:28 AM
LOL, apparently I don't know them either. This is what we have around here.
Ahh, who knows.  I'm really out of touch with stuff like that.  Tho a couple of those guys do look like the local rednecks--they drive around with pickups with the US flag all over them--and every now and again one with the confederate battle flag flapping.  I suppose what I was thinking of was what I used to call Beatnicks. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

It's all fun and games till a bomber sees it.

AllPurposeAtheist

The best part of waking up is soldiers in your cup..

All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

kilodelta

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

AllPurposeAtheist

Wait,  what's the difference between a hipster and a dirty hippie?  Gosh! I hope I haven't stepped over the boundary!
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Johan

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 11, 2015, 08:52:57 AM
The hipster stereotype:

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 11, 2015, 08:57:26 AM

Well the differences are subtle, but there are definitely differences.
Clue #1: No t-shirts with writing on them. Hipsters will wear screen printed t-shirts, but only if they're vintage with some 1970's company logo. A recent screen printed t-shirt that says fuck obama or has an american flag? That's a redneck.
Clue #2: The hats aren't baseball hats. Same as with the t-shirts. They'd wear one, but only if it said Piedmont Airlines or something similar.
Clue #3: No holes in any articles of clothing.
Clue #4: No dirt on their work boots or their clothes. Hipsters wear everything ironically. So they wear work boots, but they would never be caught dead engaging in any activity which actually required work boots.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Johan

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on June 11, 2015, 10:40:49 PM
Wait,  what's the difference between a hipster and a dirty hippie? 
No phish t-shirt. No bare feet or exposed skin. Hair trimmed washed and combed.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Hydra009

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Johan on June 12, 2015, 12:00:12 AM
Well the differences are subtle, but there are definitely differences.
Clue #1: No t-shirts with writing on them. Hipsters will wear screen printed t-shirts, but only if they're vintage with some 1970's company logo. A recent screen printed t-shirt that says fuck obama or has an american flag? That's a redneck.
Clue #2: The hats aren't baseball hats. Same as with the t-shirts. They'd wear one, but only if it said Piedmont Airlines or something similar.
Clue #3: No holes in any articles of clothing.
Clue #4: No dirt on their work boots or their clothes. Hipsters wear everything ironically. So they wear work boots, but they would never be caught dead engaging in any activity which actually required work boots.

Thanks.