A Perfect Example of Christian Stupidity

Started by Jagare, July 02, 2014, 09:59:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jagare

Too many times I've been told to "just lighten up" about Christianity, or been told, "whats the big deal?"
Christards are dangerous and the Jehovahs Witnesses are a special kind of dangerous...

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quote from: Internet ArticleJose has one of the most extreme facial tumours ever seen in medical history. The 51-year-old, from Portugal, is in danger of being suffocated by it unless he undergoes drastic surgery. Unemployed, he is blind in one eye as a result of the giant weeping growth that has consumed his features; the tumour has taken over his mouth and tongue, ballooning his lips, twisting his gums and breaking his teeth off. The deep, 15cm long growth - which started as a birth mark when he was just 11 - was sparked by abnormalities in his capillaries and veins. It started to get much bigger when he hit 16 and has been expanding ever since. He recently flew to the UK to discuss the possibility of surgery to remove part of the tumour. But because his mother was a Jehovah's Witness, he refused any surgery because his religion means he can't have blood transfusions. Doctors in London came up with a plan to remove parts of the growth bit by bit - without transfusion.

Is it just me or should that man's mother be shot for allowing this kind of disease to devastate her son.  At what fucking point do you give up on your horse shit religion and get your son medical attention?!?  Exactly how big does a tumor have to be before its just a bit intrusive??"

Fucking christards!

frosty

Your unabated rage is not helping the situation. Countries need to put laws and stipulations in place stopping this problem. This very problem - religious people denying loved ones medical care based on religious pretexts/justifications - is actually huge. This will only stop, or greatly minimize, when like I said countries put laws in place punishing those who withhold medical care from loved ones for religious reasons.

Until then, these articles will keep pouring in.

stromboli

SCOTUS just turned a corporation into a religious entity, so next thing we'll be banned from interceding on behalf of people vis a vis religious rights. I've seen too many examples of religious stupid overriding common sense to have much faith in any outcome that shows the stupidity of religion.

Jagare

Quote from: frosty on July 02, 2014, 10:46:12 PM
Your unabated rage is not helping the situation.

An interesting point, albeit - not well thought out. 
First, your remark implies that my anger against such religious atrocity is unwarranted.  This is not only insulting but ridiculous.  Is a person not allowed to express anger against a priest molesting a child or a drunk beating his child?  My anger is the same thing and it is not only warranted but should also be expected.

Second, your remark is something of a "Captain Obvious" response.  Were I to express my anger about the US government sending troops into yet another unauthorized international conflict one could easily say, "thats not helping the situation."  Well, no shit.  There's a thousand different emotional responses about the atrocities of this world that will never help nor hinder a situation.  That doesn't mean that one should not express their happiness or their disdain for those actions.

That being said, would you like to clarify what it is you were trying to imply with that statement.  Do the emotions of other people offend you somehow?  Did you wish for me to respond differently to human atrocities cause by religion?

Countries need to put laws and stipulations in place stopping this problem. This very problem - religious people denying loved ones medical care based on religious pretexts/justifications - is actually huge. This will only stop, or greatly minimize, when like I said countries put laws in place punishing those who withhold medical care from loved ones for religious reasons.

Until then, these articles will keep pouring in.

Yes, that would be obviously helpful.  Not realistic in this day and age, but helpful.

frosty

Quote from: Jagare on July 03, 2014, 07:40:47 PM

That being said, would you like to clarify what it is you were trying to imply with that statement.  Do the emotions of other people offend you somehow?  Did you wish for me to respond differently to human atrocities cause by religion?

When I first glanced at your post, it seemed more overly emotional than what I accustomed to reading on here or any other site for that matter. Your reply to what I said was a bit better, but still a bit too emotional for my tastes. I'm not trying to tell you what to do or anything like that, I'm simply trying to convey the message that it's pointless to slam your keyboard in childish rage at something you have no control over.

The emotions of other people do not offend me because I am past that stage. It really doesn't mean much to me. Atrocities caused by religion can be tamed by doing what I said in my first post, until then I can't see the point of wasting your life and energy getting offended by this type of stuff. You must be new to these types of things.

Shol'va

Quote from: frosty on July 03, 2014, 08:03:22 PMI'm simply trying to convey the message that it's pointless to slam your keyboard in childish rage at something you have no control over.
No it isn't and I wouldn't call it childish rage. This is just venting, and it helps. It's part of the reason communities like this one exist.

frosty

Quote from: Shol'va on July 03, 2014, 09:54:33 PM
No it isn't and I wouldn't call it childish rage. This is just venting, and it helps. It's part of the reason communities like this one exist.

Part of it yes, but not the whole reason. Acting like a 13 year old in response to things you can't control... well, I don't see the reasoning behind that. He reminds me a lot of myself when I was younger and I was overly emotional and got offended at every single injustice on the planet. There comes a time where you are no longer capable of expending your energy for such things, and if you don't successfully achieve that part of maturity, then insanity awaits.

Happythecat

Quote from: frosty on July 04, 2014, 12:00:27 AM
Part of it yes, but not the whole reason. Acting like a 13 year old in response to things you can't control... well, I don't see the reasoning behind that. He reminds me a lot of myself when I was younger and I was overly emotional and got offended at every single injustice on the planet. There comes a time where you are no longer capable of expending your energy for such things, and if you don't successfully achieve that part of maturity, then insanity awaits.

That's a little hurtful, not all us minors are so very immature. Although, this little attitude argument is quite childish. :)

frosty

Quote from: Happythecat on July 05, 2014, 12:53:45 PM
That's a little hurtful, not all us minors are so very immature. Although, this little attitude argument is quite childish. :)

Is that all you have to say? Is this the point where I give you a spanking and show you the door?

justme

Yep!  This is a perfect example of christian stupidity.  I too am angry to hear about this.

Personally, I feel more comfortable around people that get angry about stuff  than I do around those that put on a happy face, chill out, throw up their hands and say stupid things like, 'It is what it is or stop acting like a child."   I have more respect for those that feel for others and are outraged when silly superstitions trump Reason and Thought and Sanity!

Anger can be healthy.  Anger makes us sad and mad and needs to be let out.  Either with a friend or in a chat room.   Healthy anger could cause us to take some kind of action.  An action that might someday lead to change.  It also puts us in touch with those that feel the same way and somehow that's a comfort.  Venting is a good thing.  A vent is not a rant. 

It's also a little nasty to try to insult someone that's venting by calling them a child.   Besides being preachy it's like pouring salt into an open wound while at the same time calling them a brat.   That's a rant!

Everyone isn't in the same place as you. 

frosty

Quote from: justme on July 06, 2014, 01:15:55 AM
Yep!  This is a perfect example of christian stupidity.  I too am angry to hear about this.

Personally, I feel more comfortable around people that get angry about stuff  than I do around those that put on a happy face, chill out, throw up their hands and say stupid things like, 'It is what it is or stop acting like a child."   I have more respect for those that feel for others and are outraged when silly superstitions trump Reason and Thought and Sanity!

Anger can be healthy.  Anger makes us sad and mad and needs to be let out.  Either with a friend or in a chat room.   Healthy anger could cause us to take some kind of action.  An action that might someday lead to change.  It also puts us in touch with those that feel the same way and somehow that's a comfort.  Venting is a good thing.  A vent is not a rant. 

It's also a little nasty to try to insult someone that's venting by calling them a child.   Besides being preachy it's like pouring salt into an open wound while at the same time calling them a brat.   That's a rant!

Everyone isn't in the same place as you. 

Being preachy? What? I'm trying to tell you people how things really are, with no niceties or sugar-coating attached to it. I already stated that venting has a positive therapeutic effect - to a certain degree. After that, you become a whiny, incessant person who is screaming at a world that is not hearing you. I did that, and I ended up a blunted, depressed person who was frustrated with everything.

So, aside from all this 'feel sorry for me, let me complain all the time' Internet bullshit, I'm going to tell you the way things are as I've consistently observed them over a long period of time. I'm trying to spare you unnecessary hardship. If you want people to circlejerk you, and constantly feed you what you want to hear 24/7, then go talk to someone else because you're not going to get it from me. You can put that in your pipe and smoke it.

justme

There is not one person on this earth, including you, that is capable of sparing another from the hardships and difficulties life dishes out.   

This is exactly what religious kooks are all about.  They want to save us.  Make us happy.   They have the answer.  They know the way to peace.  They're enlightened while we're lost.   If we'd only join them and give up our way of thinking, feeling, and our beliefs, (our lives) we'll find happiness.  But wait! There's more.  We also get eternal life. 

Sound familar?

I'm sure many on here have observed the world around us for a long time.  Perhaps even longer than you.

Moralnihilist

Quote from: justme on July 06, 2014, 12:06:30 PM
There is not one person on this earth, including you, that is capable of sparing another from the hardships and difficulties life dishes out.   

This is exactly what religious kooks are all about.  They want to save us.  Make us happy.   They have the answer.  They know the way to peace.  They're enlightened while we're lost.   If we'd only join them and give up our way of thinking, feeling, and our beliefs, (our lives) we'll find happiness.  But wait! There's more.  We also get eternal life. 

Sound familar?

I'm sure many on here have observed the world around us for a long time.  Perhaps even longer than you.

Not to nit pick but a person could theoretically be "saved" from all the hardships of life quite easily. Its called being dead. And with todays modern weaponry anyone is capable of setting you on that path.
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

frosty

Quote from: justme on July 06, 2014, 12:06:30 PM

False. I've been warned beforehand by even anonymous people who I didn't know about certain grave dangers that have awaited me before. I heeded their warnings, saw others who didn't, and avoided more hardship and unnecessary issues. Nobody can stop all of life's difficulties, but if people are willing to listen then it prevents a lot of problems and benefits the individual.

What I told you in this post is just one example, even about myself. I could go on and on but it's pointless if you wish to ignore the message.

QuoteThis is exactly what religious kooks are all about.  They want to save us.  Make us happy.   They have the answer.  They know the way to peace.  They're enlightened while we're lost.   If we'd only join them and give up our way of thinking, feeling, and our beliefs, (our lives) we'll find happiness.  But wait! There's more.  We also get eternal life. 

Sound familar?

Do you have some type of strange persecution complex? Do you really think I am comparable to Theists in these activities, and that I am doing this to you here? You really need to get out of your black-white thinking box because I can see it's not helping you at all. You seem to be taking your distaste of Theists and their religious activities and attaching it to me in some type of peculiar association with them. It's like comparing apples and pizza, but it seems like you absolutely insist on using the comparison so goodie for you then.

QuoteSound familar?

Lots of regular members are older, it seems, but you seem to have completely missed the point of anything I said. Why? You didn't want to hear it because it inconvenienced you. I have given older people advice before, and they have given me advice. Even if you have observed the world for a longer time than me, you don't seem to be very good at it. Take my advice, help yourself and benefit from it, or whine like a helpless little bitch on the Internet for the rest of your life meanwhile things remain the same and nobody hears your screams. Your choice.